[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with the lingering pain after finishing a series?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 1494060245008.jpg (35KB, 465x473px) Image search: [Google]
1494060245008.jpg
35KB, 465x473px
How do you deal with the lingering pain after finishing a series? I was connected to the characters, invested in their lives, pretending for a second I was actually going ot make it, and then it ended. Now im back in my shitty unit with my shitty body and my shitty job going nowhere fast. I stopped watching a lot of shows because this would happen so often; Id get so upset after finishing them.

Im not the only one, right?
>>
>>36815126
I think babylon 5 was the one that cracked me. I honestly cried my eyes out when they blew up the station.

Recently I was watching World Trigger and I got up to episode 73 and apparently there isn't any more. So I never get to find out what happens.

Every time that happens, my faith in humanity dies just a little more.
>>
File: 1490391650908.png (592KB, 914x898px) Image search: [Google]
1490391650908.png
592KB, 914x898px
I've stopped watching rom com and slice of life anime because the pain is just unbearable
>>
File: 1491459063235.jpg (377KB, 600x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1491459063235.jpg
377KB, 600x1050px
The show that made me stop watching anime for a while was kon and clannad. It was just too hard to get back into anything else. Idk man I try to forget about sad shows.
>>
>>36815158
That sounds crushing. I dont know if thats worse than the feeling when everything works out for them, and the show happily ends. At least a shitty end leaves you mad, not sad.

>>36815179
BECK is my go to slice of life. Reminds me of what life could have been.

>>36815231
I havent heard of that. The thing is, its not even sad shows that make me sad. Usually good, happy ones, and im just sad when its over.
>>
>>36815126
Same here anon it takes me like a month to recover
>>
>>36815126
I have a huge backlog for this exact reason. Feels bad.
>>
I never finish anything for this reason.
I know it'll only hurt me so I give up before its over
>>
>>36816140
>>36816458
dont you like the release you feel while inside the show though? when youre really invested in them
>>
I rewatch all my shows like once a year. I just rewatched The Sopranos and it's just as good as the first time I watched it. That second season is literally a perfect season of television.
>>
It doesn't bother me that much. There's lots of other good shows out there and I have a few going at once just so that I'm not left dry.
>>
>>36815126
I can't deal with the pain. Im just thinking about it for several days after i end it. After finishing Life is Strange i was crying in bed for a week.
>>
File: 1494089305850.jpg (373KB, 831x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1494089305850.jpg
373KB, 831x1080px
>>36817764
I know that feel, anony.
>>
>>36817764
Life is Strange is objectively a bad game. The story is nothing new and full of hole, the gameplay mechanics are pretty poor, and the characters are unlike-able narcissists.

Not really sure why it hit me so hard too. Soundtrack is amazing though.
>>
>reading book series
>finish 9/10 of them
>refuse to read the last one
>the feeling you describe doesn't come

Just don't finish it OP.

After few months or a year or so read the final part or watch the final episode. You should be detached from the chacters enough that it doesn't matter in the end.
>>
This is why I don't read fiction anymore.

It's especially bad when you get to the most recent book in a series and the writer hasn't finished it yet. I'm a super slow reader, and the Song of Ice and Fire books took me over a year to read, and now I've completely lost interest in the series.

Factual books are great because there's no characters to get attached to and you learn something from it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.