[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should sports players be paid so much? >get millions of dollars

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1493586118447.png (225KB, 443x682px) Image search: [Google]
1493586118447.png
225KB, 443x682px
Should sports players be paid so much?
>get millions of dollars to play a children's game
>most of the time my team loses anyway
>some sports look like literally anybody can do them with a week of training
>doesn't really contribute anything
>convince too many chads to become athletes instead of an actual useful career
>>
>>36814821
no

I blame boomers
>>
>>36814821
>get millions of dollars to play a children's game

>isn't regulated by the market
>millions of people pay to see them play
>"why do they get so much money? :/ "

as long as you have customers you're rich, nigger
>>
>>36814917
>as long as you have customers you're rich, nigger
Until your body shits out on you, anyway, and then you better have made bank or you'll be looking for a new job.
>>
>>36814821
should actors and movie directors be paid so much, anon?
>>
>get millions of dollars
>doesn't really contribute anything

These two contradict each other.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170426-012223.png (124KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170426-012223.png
124KB, 720x1280px
>>36814821
My brother depended his entire future life on running track in the olympics, when he damaged his knee after pushing himself too hard one time, he had to stop running as much or atleast competetively as he got slowed down from it so much.

He had some experience in a program to become a firefighter, but never used it and went to college for three years, he dropped out because he thought people were spying on him and putting cameras in his room and talking about him behind his back.
After that, he sorta gave up, and lived with my granny as a NEET until he was around 28.
He was forced out of the house by my uncles (he actually kicked both their asses lmao) since then hes been homeless, but moved to Idaho for some reason, looking for a job there i guess.

He was a chad in every aspect, but slowly turned into a robot, it was a rather interesting transformation.
I think he only had 1 gf, then only had one night stands and stuff from that point, then after he became a NEET his social life ended like it was never even there.

Some robots here say youre born a robot, but i think its what the world does to you aka being extremely unlucky (born ugly or shy) that turns people into robots.
>>
>>36814821
>Should sports players be paid so much?
No, but the people paying them obviously think it's of value. They wouldn't be paying them that much without turning a gigantic profit.
>>get millions of dollars to play a children's game
Sport being accessible to people of all ages, wealth, nationality, etc, does not make it a children's game.
>>most of the time my team loses anyway
Ignoring this.
>>some sports look like literally anybody can do them with a week of training
Easy to learn, difficult to master. The perfect kind of game.
>>doesn't really contribute anything
Forms communities, it's a source of entertainment, glorifies people of good health.
>>convince too many chads to become athletes instead of an actual useful career
Physical activity can't take up all of someone's time, it starts as a hobby and turns to more with hard work, consistency and a bit of luck. For those that don't "make it" (99.999...%), it leads to a well-rounded, balanced, and fulfilling life.
>>
>>36814821
>Children's game
Its more like the children are doing a subpar performance of the adult's game
>My team loses
??
>Anybody can do them
What fucking sports are these? Athletes can do things you would find amazing to do in a video game you were playing, while you cant climb two flights of stairs without doubling over
>doesn't contribute anything
Just like every form of entertainment, all art, everything not directly related to reproduction of your species
>convince chads to be athletes instead of being useful
Your only legitimate point. The rewards are greater than being a surgeon, so some people are going to die so a team can get +1 point differential

The point is, its fucking hard, and people are willing to pay money to watch these freaks do crazy things for entertainment. If they didnt deserve the money, someone else would do something that is more worthy of the money. But they can't. Because its entertainment being performed by superhumans.
>>
It is to appease the brainlets.

This is when you realise that our society is composed of chimps.
>>
>>36815150
I specifically meant soccer. Watch a game one time literally anybody can play soccer.
>>
>>36815205
>>36815141
>Easy to learn, difficult to master. The perfect kind of game.
>>
it's really stupid

who the fuck cares if group a gets a dumb ball over group b

western culture is such shit
>>
>>36814821

even in ancient rome and egypt and shit you had gladiators who would live a fairly wealthy lifestyle/bring their owners a lot of money

modern sports players are just that, gladiators, it's just that they earn as much as their owners nowadays
>>
>>36815214
>jog across field
>kick ball when you get it
>now you're a master
I can understand sports like hockey or baseball but soccer is just shit. A couple of highschool chads playing a friendly game of soccer will probably be more entertaining than millionaires pretending to get hurt and jog back and forth
>>
>>36815276
it's harder than you think, not everyone can do it. for example, I can't coordinate my foot worth shit to kick the ball in the right direction, and it's been like that since forever. I can play basketball pretty well and dunk, on the other hand
>>
They get millions of dollars because a lot of people like sports, and sports teams make a huge amount of money. No one's forcing people to watch sports. Also, there are tons of smart, successful people who like sports.

t. a guy who doesn't even watch or play sports
>>
Sports stars get paid millions because the old men signing their cheques make even more than that by signing them. Every sports star generates more money than they are paid. There are a million heart surgeons but only one michael phelps.
>>
>>36815243

>that one roman chariot racer that is one of the 10 richest people to have ever lived
>>
The high salaries in sports attract millions of young men to dream of being a professional athlete some day and to work toward that goal. Of those millions, .001% of them will actually ever be paid to play a sport. Of that tiny number, less than 1% of them will make a liveable wage (minor league baseball players make less than minimum wage, NBDL salaries are below your average office job, there is no minor leagues for the NFL, etc.). At any given time, there are roughly 450-500 total players in the NBA or free agents not currently on a team. Yet if you go to any urban high school and ask around, there will be hundreds of young men who truly believe they will play in the NBA, and statistically speaking you can assume that absolutely none of them will ever amount to anything.

These high salaries cause millions of normies to spend decades wishing for something that will never happen, so you can at least take some pleasure in the schadenfreuden aspect of it.

And also, the majority of the highest level athletes go bankrupt after their careers are over:
http://www.munknee.com/78-of-nfl-players-go-bankrupt-within-5-years/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.