[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

***Christian General Thread***

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

File: G_d.jpg (24KB, 1200x680px) Image search: [Google]
G_d.jpg
24KB, 1200x680px
What is the gospel?
The gospel is the message that Jesus Christ, although existed in the very form of God, did not consider that equality something to be held onto and chose to leave that heavenly place, enter into his own creation and die for the sins of his people. But guess what he rose on the third day because death could not hold it's grip on the blessed son of God and when you are resurrected on the day of judgement the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead will also be the same spirit that raised you on the last day.

>How to enter heaven
One enters into heaven through faith alone, for Christ had already died for our sins and so what could we possibly add on to that? Are we to say that the blood of Christ is not sufficient and we are to add onto that? No, his blood cleansed us of sin and to be cleansed of your sins you first must believe and Christ will do the rest.

I invite Christians, agnostics, atheists and everything in between, that includes people of other faith, to discuss Christianity and learn more about the largest religion in the world. God bless! I the past I have tried to appeal to non-believers by kinda white washing but now, none of that but also be prepared because you might not get the answers you like although they might be true. I have also created a discord server which is mainly for Christians and non-believers looking for a discussion. It's not really meant for discussion, but if you do cause trouble, you will be removed from the server.
>.gg/AyQfdQW

Thread: XV

Cont of: >>36747643
>>
How do christian go to 4chan?
>>
Is there a denomination tier list?
>>
File: 1493266826032.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1493266826032.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>>36794288
> posts on r9k
> isn't atheist, existentialist or nihilistic
>>
>>36794311
By typing it in the search bar. Also, if there are any questions you want to see answered then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

>>36794336
Yes, I'll see if I can find it.

>>36794342
People don't think it be how it is but it do. Also, like I said earlier if there are any questions you want to see answered then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.
>>
File: 1493011663898.jpg (128KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1493011663898.jpg
128KB, 900x900px
>>36794362
plz kys

original
>>
>>36794386
Why? Also, ask questions if you wish.
>>
File: czdfdsvdsvsdvvdvdz.jpg (1MB, 1575x1599px) Image search: [Google]
czdfdsvdsvsdvvdvdz.jpg
1MB, 1575x1599px
>>36794336
Sorry, only thing I could find. Probably not even what you're looking for.
>>
Bump so I can answer questions. organgilo
>>
>>36794362
>People don't think it be how it is but it do

you sound inbread
>>
>any questions
>any questions
>any questions

Nice try pastor. please leave christfag
also sage
>>
>>36794864
It's a joke I saw on here a while back, and it tickled my funny bone. Also, feel free to ask questions if you have any.
>>
>>36794885
>Nice try pastor.
Not a pastor and try what? I just want a discussion and 4chan seems to be a place that sees atheism as superior to christianity and I just want to put my views out there and let you guys decide.

Also, feel free to ask any questions :^)
>>
File: 7255721.png (178KB, 500x676px) Image search: [Google]
7255721.png
178KB, 500x676px
Why does God hate me so much?
>>
>>36794928
God loves everyone, but due to us living in a fallen world, we go through suffering. But if you want to get away from this suffering then come to Christ, and you will have eternal peace in heaven!
>>
Another, Bump so I can answer questions. organgilo
>>
>>36794970
If God is omniscient he knew this shit would happen and is literally creating people just so they go to hell
>>
>>36794342
>existentialist
If anybody identifies this way and not as a Christian, after reading Kierkegaard, Sartre, Camus, and Heidegger, they're a fucking idiot. Existentialism is mostly dogshit.
>>
>>36795071
>If God is omniscient he knew this shit would happen
Yes, but there is still free will. God gives us a choice but sadly most of us choose the road away from God until there is no return. Don't worry about your suffering because it is not only you are going through it Jeremiah went through it as well. see jeremiah 20:14-18. paul went through it. see 2 Corinthians 11:16-33. And even god himself went through it. see each gosepl. But did they let it get the better of them? No, they perservered till the end and got their reward.

>>36795105
I am not familiar with their work. What do they say?
>>
>>36795192
Hello brother peace be with you. I have a question maybe others can answer. How was it that the preflood patriarchs lived around 900 years and afterwards our average lifespan dropped?
>>
Oh Jesus this heretic again.
>>
File: 1490356158162.jpg (823KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1490356158162.jpg
823KB, 960x1280px
Fuck christianity, okay? :3
>>
>>36795247
I have no certain answer, but one thing that I noticed was that it happened after the great flood. The Bible says that in the beginning and a few days later God separates the waters from the waters. The water from the flood was created from the top waters, and it fell down onto earth. After this, you see a drastic change, and the lifespan immensely changes. But beyond that, I do not know. It could be perhaps due to a different environment. We know from science that environment can affect the human appearance and it could have also just have been a linguistic tool and not to be taken seriously. But for sure I do not know.

>>36795267
hey, thanks for joining if there are any questions you want to see answered then feel free to ask and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

>>36795271
Like I said to the anon just before. Feel free to ask questions.
>>
God's not real desu
>>
>>36795372
Sure he is. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
>>
>>36795392
No, he's not. I was told by the Book of Light he's not. He's just a coping mechanism
>>
>>36794919
your views are incorrect no proof of a Christian god is present in the scientific world. until you bring real eve dense I will disregard that which you preech. I respect your opinion as are entitled to it. however I ask you to do some reserve into atheism with a open mind. you were likely raised catholic and weren't allowed to have a opinion on religeon in the first place
>>
>>36795416
Nah mate, this guy is a straight up heretic. Don't engage him.

T. Christfag
>>
>>36795192
If he's omniscient he knows what we'll choose before we choose it. So he's allowing us to choose to suffer. Doesn't sound very loving to me.

Is it love if you let a relative self-harm? Of course not.
>>
What do you think about the ideas put forth by the Gnostics?
>>
>>36795415
What is the book of light?

>>36795416
>your views are incorrect no proof of a Christian god is present in the scientific world
I believe there is so. There are a lot of evidence for christ's resurrection, for example, the empty tomb and also the accounts of the resurrection pass the criteria of abasement.

>>36795430
I'm not. Let's at least have a nice discussion about things then anon. Feel free to ask questions.

>>36795445
He knows but if he was to take away your free will and force you then that would be unfair. God wants people who will love him out of their own free will not robots.

>Is it love if you let a relative self-harm?
Yes, but god gives you a way out of the suffering and all you have to do is believe in him.
>>
>>36795503
The book of light is the one true holy book.
>>
>>36795503
>I believe there is so. There are a lot of evidence for christ's resurrection, for example, the empty tomb and also the accounts of the resurrection pass the criteria of abasement

Can you source this?
>>
>>36795503
Is it love if you let your child play in traffic, or stick utensils in electrical outlets?

Of course not, its negligence. Who cares about the child's free will, you don't let it kill itself.
>>
>>36795493
>I haven't studied too much on it, but I am open to looking into it. Got any web pages I can look at. I do know some, but I know so little that I feel too lacking in knowledge to speak on it.
I wrote this two threads ago.
>>
File: yahweh.jpg (24KB, 309x475px) Image search: [Google]
yahweh.jpg
24KB, 309x475px
>>36794288

Yahweh is mythology. A very obvious mythology.

Actual history and archaeology tells a different story about Yahweh and the Israeli religion.

Every culture and people has had a mythology of their own. Yet everyone ignores their peoples mythology and chooses to worship some sandnigger god half way across the world.

Yahweh is a god of the hebrews. It's a god of mythology and cultural creation. Stop believing in a mythology not even meant for you.

If you want to know the truth about Yahweh, read this book:
>http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10263.The_Early_History_of_God
>>
>>36795525
What are its main beliefs?

>>36795532
Sure, this site also gives sources so you can look up the evidence yourself.
http://reasonsforjesus.com/a-case-for-the-empty-tomb-3-arguments-against-the-empty-tomb-debunked/

>>36795545
>Who cares about the child's free will, you don't let it kill itself.
Ok, I'm gonna get harsh here. Read what I posted in another thread here anon.
>>36730229

>>36795590
I would love to get into a discussion on this topic. Since you are the one making the claim the burden of proof lies on you. I will try to the best of my ability to answer accordingly god willing.
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
>>36794288
>the you genuinely want to be Christian but you just can't believe in God no matter how hard you try
Help. I'm sick of this shit.
>>
>>36795679
So infants are born with fatal birth defects for the glory of god, and that's benevolent to you?
>>
>>36795723
>Help. I'm sick of this shit.
Wel, first of all, it's good that you identify your own sin, the only thing I can suggest is that you ask me why you feel this way and by the grace of God hopefully it will seem more believable to you.
>>
>>36795728
inb4 dogs hit answer
>>
>>36795679
That there is no god, just light. that's it.
>>
>>36794864
That meme is older than the internet you dumb fucking newfag
>>
>>36795723
Same. It just doesn't make sense.

If I were born anywhere else I might be a Buddhist, or a Muslim
>>
>>36795728
Well, it doesn't make him evil for it. A God does not necessarily have to give a child those things. In fact, a child doesn't even deserve death, and so it is god's gift that that child even lives. In this case, god is still benevolent because he hasn't done anything wrong. In fact, because we are all fallen we should have inherited hell, but because of god's love, he gave us life and a chance to come to Christ. That birth defect pales in comparison to the punishment that we as humans actually deserve because of our sins. And although there is suffering in this fallen world God has given us the opportunity to find him.

God has two sides a merciful side and a just side and exercising one over the other does not make him any less benevolent.

>>36795776
What is the light to you?

>>36795829
>If I were born anywhere else I might be a Buddhist, or a Muslim
yes but despite this, you have been commanded to follow christ and find him. Now you have access to the internet and to look up any religion you want and so you can look up almost anything you want so, the choice is yours.
>>
>>36795863
I've been commanded to follow my neighbor Todd. His is the way

See how retarded this sounds?
>>
>>36795863
The light is clean and pure and healing. That's all there is
>>
>>36795875
>I've been commanded to follow my neighbour Todd. His is the way
Who is todd and what point are you trying to make>
>>
>>36795900
>The light
Where did the light come from?
>>
PREACHER PREACHER FIFTH GRADE TEACHER
YOU CAN'T REACH ME MY MOM CANT NEITHER
AND YOU CANT TEACH ME A GODAMN THING
CUZ I WATCH TV AND COMCAST CABLE
>>
>>36795901
Todd is the guy who was described in the book of Todd. It says so right there in the book of Todd that his way is the only right way and everyone else who doesn't follow the way of Todd is retarded.

Literally there is no other point to make. You're on the wrong side of faith
>>
>>36795914
The light has ways been and always will be. That's all there is to it, anon.
>>
>>36795922
lol. Hey, if you have any questions then feel free to ask questions, and I will answer to the best of my abilities.

>>36795930
Are you trying to say that I only follow Christianity because it told me to and nothing else? Be more clear with me.

>>36795960
Ah, so you do believe in a god. Is there only one light?
>>
>>36795995
I'm not. I'm saying you're literally on the wrong side of faith. The way I see it, my holy book and your "holy book" are on the same level. Mine is just the right one.

When you die, and have to face Todd in Toddven, try and take your damnation with some dignity.
>>
>>36794288
How much longer until the rapture? I'm eager for this world to be destroyed. Also, how do you deal with the existential disgust at the coarseness and general atheistic trajectory society is on? I'm to the point where i would like to see global nuclear war if the rapture doesn't arrive soon.
>>
>>36795863
It DOES make him evil, or non-existent. What opportunity does a newborn with fatal birth defect have to "come to Christ"? He can't possibly learn anything about God in the couple hours he's alive.

And its STILL his fault the child suffers. If I breed dogs just so I can torture the puppies, it doesn't matter that those puppies wouldn't have existed without me. I'm still causing them to suffer.

Original sin is bullshit too, and you know it. Why should anyone be punished for things they had no control over? I didn't eat from the forbidden tree, Adam and Eve did. Go ahead and punish them, but I didn't do anything wrong.
>>
>>36795995
>Ah, so you do believe in a god
Nah. Just the light. It says there is no God, and that's all it says. Like >>36796024 says, both holy books are equally valid. Since we're all fiction lovers here, let's try and combine and make our own faith to scam normies, like that guy did with the mormons
>>
HEAD OF A TRICK IN A BUCKET
BODY OF A TRICK IN A BAG
THROW IT IN THE FIRE LIKE FUCK IT
GOTTA BURN IT BEFORE IT GOES BAD
>>
>>36795679
>"I would love to get into a discussion on this topic. Since you are the one making the claim the burden of proof lies on you. I will try to the best of my ability to answer accordingly god willing."

typical answer. I don't care to argue with christfags because they refuse to admit they could be wrong. They don't actually care about the nature of reality.

Just read the fucking book and ask yourself, "Could I be wrong about this christianity thing?"

If you can't even admit that you could be wrong, theres no hope for you.
>>
File: 1397578364106.png (147KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
1397578364106.png
147KB, 500x525px
>Christfag gets btfo again in his own thread
>>
>>36796024
>I'm saying you're literally on the wrong side of faith.
I disagree. What are the main beliefs in this Todd? Also, I also believe in Christianity because of historical reasons as well as the philosophy lines up so well and overall it is a beautiful book that since Genesis to Revelation talks about a coming Messiah. This fact is more surprising when you realise that the OT and NT were created independently of each other.

>>36796030
Haha, I actually don't know. Eschatology is not really my main place of research, but I would say don't focus on it. Stay focused on doing good works and your job and be ready for the day of judgement because as said in scripture it can come like a thief in the night unexpectedly.
>>
>>36796150
Replace everything about God and Jesus with the word Todd and basically you have the book of Todd. It's the only RIGHT book, but you literally can't fathom entertaining another belief.

Sorry lad, you're going to heck.
>>
>>36796150
>This fact is more surprising when you realise that the OT and NT were created independently of each other.
No they weren't. The NT was written by a bunch of people who all had read the OT.

Is it surprising to you that Luke Skywalker is in both the original trilogy and The Force Awakens? I mean, they were both created independently.
>>
>>36796038
>What opportunity does a newborn with fatal birth defect have to "come to Christ"?
the Bible doesn't give us an answer to this question, and I have a theory for it, but then again there's this verse in the bible, and I'll let you interpret it the way you will.

>If their parents are believers: A child is sanctified by a Christian parent (1 Cor. 7:14).

>If I breed dogs just so I can torture the puppies
God doesn;t torture anyone, in fact, he doesn't even talk to the people in hell or give them his grace, that's why they suffer, but in the end, it was their won sinning.

> I didn't eat from the forbidden tree, Adam and Eve did.
But the thing is Adam and Eve were perfect, and they sinned, and chances are you would have done the same thing also. Remember you have sinned in your life and so every time you sin it is equal to eating the apple so still you are still accountable. You inherited sin nature, and Christ gives you a way out, and so you must believe in him to be saved.
>>
>>36796310
>chances are you would have done the same thing also
You don't know. I'm not a retard who would go against the guy who created literally everything and told me not to eat from that tree.

>If their parents are believers: A child is sanctified by a Christian parent (1 Cor. 7:14)
Not the word of God. The word of Paul at best, corrupt church leaders ~400 years later at the Council of Nicea at worst. How the fuck could Paul know if newborns are sanctified?
>>
>>36796051
>Just the light.
Yeah, but this light has ways been and always will be, and the light is clean and pure and healing. That is the definition of god. Maybe not my belief in God but still.

>both holy books are equally valid.
No, read this from I saiah

>Come now let us reason together says the LORD though your sins are like scarlet they shall be as white as snow though they are red like crimson they shall become like wool
1:18

Let's reason together. What proof do you have of your beliefs?

>let's try and combine and make our own faith to scam normies
If you understood Christianity, you would know why this is not true.

>>36796091
Feel free to ask questions.

>>36796096
>typical answer.
Dude, I mean if you are gonna come here and make a statement like that I would expect you to bring some proof. I have a lot of people to respond to and so can't study an entire Wikipedia page, which implies you know nothing and just want to argue. But be more specific so I can respond to each point accordingly. I am not running I am waiting for some proof for your claim so I can respond.

>>36796195
>Replace everything about God and Jesus with the word Todd, and basically, you have the book of Todd.
Ah, so it's plagiarism. I don't just believe in Christianity because it said so I also have seen historical proof came to the conclusion that it was true.

>>36796148
How so? Feel free to ask questions.

>>36796221
>The NT was written by a bunch of people who all had read the OT.
Yes, but they were writing historical fact. If they made it all up would they die for a lie? Paul was killed for his beliefs. Peter was crucified and asked to be crucified upside down as not to be equal to Christ, which is where we get the inverted cross from.
>>
File: 13316803471540.jpg (24KB, 464x317px) Image search: [Google]
13316803471540.jpg
24KB, 464x317px
>>36796310
>Adam and Eve were perfect
>Still sinned
>>
File: 1397949444870.jpg (104KB, 500x436px) Image search: [Google]
1397949444870.jpg
104KB, 500x436px
>>36796561
>How so

You just have to BELIEVE you were btfo. Take it on faith. I do.
>>
>>36796561
>If they made it all up would they die for a lie?
Maybe. He had accomplices who were still alive and profiting from it.
>>
>>36796561
People literally die for lies all the time. Look into cults.
>>
>>36796561
>Let's reason together. What proof do you have of your beliefs?
Fine, you tempted me.

>This book is TRUE and all other (((holy books))) are full of shit

It says so right in the Book of Light. I literally have no better proof than you.
>>
>>36796561
>Plagarism
>Implying the Toddism did not come first and we're only just discovering its wonders

Todd how I wish I could make you see the truth
>>
>>36795416
CHRIST IS RISEN , there you go lad
>>
>>36796485
>You don't know. I'm not a retard who would go against the guy who created literally everything and told me not to eat from that tree.
But the thing is you already have done the equivalent. Every time you have sinned in your life you have done the equivalent of eating the apple.

>The word of Paul at best, corrupt church leaders
Ok, the thing about Paul is that he actually lived in the times of the twelve apostles. He had a strong faith in his belief and even died for it. You say "Paul at best", but the thing is no scholar doubts that Paul wrote 1 Corinthians. But to not appeal to authority, one Corinthians was written in the year 50, and that was when the 11 disciples were still alive, and so destroying the idea that it wasn't written by Paul. Also, once you learn about the transmission of the text of the Bible, you will understand that it could not have been corrupted without us knowing.

Also, you now nothing about the nicean creed and what they were actually arguing about. But let's say they did we have texts that are literally dated a century earlier that would make their corruptions void
>>
>>36796738
*Todd is risen

You got your deity wrong.
>>
File: theiest tears.jpg (41KB, 480x696px) Image search: [Google]
theiest tears.jpg
41KB, 480x696px
>>36796590
wow please tell me how smart you are more
>>
>>36796795
>Atheists are a bunch of fedora tipping fags

OH NO!
MOM HE'S FOUND MY WEAKNESS
>>
>>36796563
yeah, they were perfect and good before God, but after having sinned, they lost that perfection and were stained by sin and so perfect no more.

>>36796590
>Take it on faith
Why should I? I see no proof of being btfo.

>>36796612
Ok, this is why the burden of proof is so important because it stops people like you from just making statements and wanting people to answer. You can't just come and make a statement based on no fact or evidence and want the other person to answer. Imagine if you had to refute every claim against you, and all the other person had to do was make up a, on the spot argument with no proof or backing it is not for me to answer your claim you fist take on the burden of proof then we can discuss.
>>
>>36796867
>Why should I? I see no proof of being btfo
>This guy needs proof

You just aren't believing hard enough
>>
>>36796867
>Perfect
>Can lose perfection

That's not how being perfect works.
>>
File: tip.jpg (55KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
55KB, 829x589px
>>36796818
Call him an atheist, a liar, a homosexual Jew and see how it all rolls off of him but call him a fedora tipping faggot and see how he recoils "oh no i have been found out"
>>
>>36796930
Christ dude, stop. Have some pity on a lowly atheist
>>
>>36796645
Yes, yes they do. But never does one die for a known lie. These were the church fathers. Peter, the rock of the church that it was to base its foundation on among others were willing to die for their belief. Even Jesus, the main man, died for his belief and so you would have to conclude that he died for a known lie.

>It says so right in the Book of Light. I literally have no better proof than you.
That's not proof and is not using reason. Bring some other proof. Who wrote that book?

>Implying the Toddism did not come first and we're only just discovering its wonders
Got any proof otherwise?

>>36796921
Perfect before God as in not ever doing evil or
even knowing evil, until they were tricked by the serpent.

>>36796896
Let's use reason, my man. I know that you're poking fun at me but I have never used this argument and you should actually engage with my points.
>>
>>36796672
Forgot to link you to this>>36797004
I'm sure you can find the point where I was responding to you.
>>
>>36797004
>That's not proof and is not using reason. Bring some other proof. Who wrote that book?

It is the INSPIRED WORD, how much more proof do you fucking need? I'd show it to you, but you're unworthy of seeing it.

This book is fact. It says right there in the book.

If you can take your book to be fact, then I can take mine.
>>
>>36797004
You're not using reason, I'm not using reason, it's all just a matter of faith :^)
>>
>>36794288
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/01/islam-will-largest-religion-world-2070-says-report/

How do you feel about this
>>
>>36797072
>It is the INSPIRED WORD, how much more proof do you fucking need?
That it is inspired. The one who makes the claim has the burden of proof on them.

>I'd show it to you, but you're unworthy of seeing it.
This is known as a cop out. The same method used by joseph smith when he was translating the golden plates and said no one can see it. But I invite all to read the bible. I do not hide light in a cupboard but rather show it to the world.
>>
File: 1270233109225.jpg (21KB, 367x451px) Image search: [Google]
1270233109225.jpg
21KB, 367x451px
>>36797004
>Implying the people of Jonestown thought they were believing in lies

>Christianity
>Not a known lie

You're a meme that's gone on for too long, dude.
>>
>>36797142
What proof do you have that the Bible is the inspired word, other than the Bible justifying itself?

>This is known as a cop out
I'm not coping out. You're too thickheaded to actually believe in something that isn't a fairytale, so I can't show it to you.

>But I invite all to read the bible. I do not hide light in a cupboard but rather show it to the world.
Would you read this: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com

If I read your book of heresy?
>>
>>36797144
That is literally the opposite of what he was saying the people of Jonestown didn't believe it to be lies. Since the apostles were those who compiled and wrote the Gospels, meaning if it were a lie then they would know and be well aware.
>>
>>36796561
>Dude, I mean if you are gonna come here and make a statement like that I would expect you to bring some proof. I have a lot of people to respond to and so can't study an entire Wikipedia page, which implies you know nothing and just want to argue. But be more specific so I can respond to each point accordingly. I am not running I am waiting for some proof for your claim so I can respond.

You sound like the typical christian.

>"GIVE ME DA PROOFS!"

Too bad you won't even read the "proof" everytime it is given.

Though the real proof is evolution and the fact that humans are a descendant of hominid apes.

"proof":
>evolution: http://www.talkorigins.org/origins/faqs.html
>Ancient hominid dating to 1-2 million years ago found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxgnlSbYLSc)

I use to be a christian too until I actually researched. The amount of evidence for evolution is staggering.
>>
>>36797104
It was inevitable. Same goes for the time of 1 Kings 19:18 when only about 7,000 people in the whole world were left that didn't bow the knee to the false god baal. I'd even say that there is a few Christians in the world today who actually believe in the true God and have the gift of faith. It's sad but a sign of the end times.

>>36797091
>You're not using reason,
Stop there. I can bring proof. The argument of just believe I have never used and rather have requested from you, which you did not provide. I am using reason you are not sir.

>>36797144
What I mean is they, of course, believe in what they were told but in Christianity, these were the leaders of the religion, and if anyone were fooling anyone it would be the leaders. I mean Jesus died for his faith and was the one who started this revolution.

>>36797189
>What proof do you have that the Bible is the inspired word
Well, I'll focus on one thing, and that would be the resurrection. When Jesus was put in the tomb, the tomb was later found empty. There was also a resurrection appearance of to 500 people, which is a fact that is accepted by almost all scholars. Such scholars as bart erhman try to dismiss it as saying they hallucinated but this is diminished by the fact that it doesn't add up to for reasons I will prove upon request.

>I'm not coping out.
>so I can't show it to you.
Ok, joseph smith.

>Would you read this
I had when I was an edgy 13-14 year old Christ hater. It's nothing new just rehashed stuff that has been refuted centuries ago.

>If I read your book of heresy?
Yeah, sure. But I'm way ahead of ya.
>>
>>36797458
>You sound like the typical Christian.
Oh, so they use reason, and you fail to provide evidence. Good to know.

>Too bad you won't even read the "proof" everytime it is given.
What proof?

>Though the real proof is evolution and the fact that humans are a descendant of hominid apes.
Although I do not believe in it, some Christians do believe that evolution is compatible which Christianity. I haven't look too deep into it, but I will do so.

Also, I just wanna say that although I may at times seem hostile to you, I do seek for you to know the truth. If you want a further discussion, then I have a discord, which I posted in my op, that you can join God willing and God bless!
>>
OP, I would just like to say that thank you your thread has saved me and made me realize my sin. I can't wait to go to heaven. I will now go play some call of duty.
>>
>>36797481
>When Jesus was put in the tomb, the tomb was later found empty
But the Book of Light does not agree with this. Sorry buddy.

>which is a fact that is accepted by almost all scholars
BIG citation needed.

>Ok, joseph smith.
Don't confuse me with that liar.

>I had when I was an edgy 13-14 year old Christ hater
Funny, I used to be a really devout Christian, until I literally found The Light. Then I realized that the faith is based on nothing more than a book full of holes and the willingness to believe. Unlike the Book of Light
>>
>>36797594
I doubt you are saved. A saved person will bear good fruit and go out and do good works. Playing call of duty doesn't seem like a good evidence of faith. In fact, read this >>36748148

>>36797611
>But the Book of Light does not agree with this. Sorry, buddy.
So? Does it bring any counter evidence?

>BIG citation needed.
The key to Jesus resurrection is his post-death appearances. Critical scholars agree that the entire enterprise of the early church worship, writings, and witness-would have never come about if Jesus followers were not absolutely convinced that He had conquered death by appearing to them afterwards.

See Gary R. Habermas and Michael R. Licona, The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus (Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2004), especially pages 79-150; Gary R. Habermas, The Risen Jesus and Future Hope (Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 2003), especially Chapter 1.

>Don't confuse me with that liar.
Not the same just using the same cop out method used by him.

>Then I realised that the faith is based on nothing more than a book full of holes
Perhaps we can discuss these holes.

I'm gonna repeat to you what I said to another anon. I just wanna say that although I may at times seem hostile to you, I do seek for you to know the truth. If you want a further discussion, then I have a discord, which I posted in my op, that you can join God willing and God bless!
>>
File: hominid.jpg (196KB, 800x687px) Image search: [Google]
hominid.jpg
196KB, 800x687px
>>36797579

evolution and christianity can only coincide if you ignore the evolutionary progression from ape-man to man.

can I ask you something? Is there a chance you could be wrong about your beliefs?
>>
>>36797872
>evolution and Christianity can only coincide if you ignore the evolutionary progression from ape-man to man.
Yeah, there are people who do believe that. I guess they might use the fact that Adam was created from the mud and so it might not have been a literal instant but rather a process, and God is not gonna spend a lot of time talking about the process of evolution. But then again I do not believe in it, with a very doubtful (yet).

>Is there a chance you could be wrong about your beliefs?
No. There is one way in fact to disprove Christianity. Paul said that if Jesus never rose from the dead then our faith is in vain and I have seen a lot of evidence for it, e.g., the empty tomb, resurrection appearance to the 500 as well as the fact that the resurrection testimonies go pass the criteria of embarrassment. So until that then no.
>>
File: But ours is the right religion!.jpg (320KB, 1633x909px) Image search: [Google]
But ours is the right religion!.jpg
320KB, 1633x909px
>>36797864
>So? Does it bring any counter evidence?
Sure does. It says "There is no God." That's all you should need, right? Because we take things that are read as literal.

>Critical scholars agree that the entire enterprise of the early church worship, writings, and witness-would have never come about if Jesus followers were not absolutely convinced that He had conquered death by appearing to them afterwards.

Clearly not. I decided to look into it, and scholars are not in "unanimous" agreement about this at all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historicity_and_origin_of_the_Resurrection_of_Jesus#As_historical_event

Hell, not even the "bible" can give an accurate account of it, save for Christ's missing body.

The tomb was open.

>And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. Luke 24:2
Who shall roll us away the stone from the door of the sepulchre? And when they looked, they saw that the stone was rolled away. Mark 16:3-4

>The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. John 20:1

The tomb was closed.

>The angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. Matthew 28:2

And who did the women see at the tomb?

An angel

>And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it. Matthew 28:2

A young man

>And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted. Mark 16:5

Two men

>And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments. Luke 24:4

Two angels

>And seeth two angels in white sitting, the one at the head, and the other at the feet, where the body of Jesus had lain. John 20:12

Why am I to believe in something that cannot be consistent?
>>
>>36797864
I decided to look into your first source. Here's a pretty fun article that refutes that

http://theconversation.com/the-case-for-christ-whats-the-evidence-for-the-resurrection-75530

>The Case for the Resurrection of Jesus
Cites "Supernatural evidence" over actual evidence for Christ's resurrection. Literally says
>There are then no reasons why a supernatural cause cannot be considered
Pg 82

I'm not seeing your hundreds of scholars rushing towards this theory, nor am I seeing anything logical or plausible beyond "just believe bro."

I don't want to see someone supposing supernatural events can occur. I want scholarly research into this. I want you to fucking show this "unanimous" approval among the historical community. One book that cites supernatural possibility is not even close you liar.
>>
Reminder that transhumanist Christians are pretty cool.
>>
>>36798016
>Sure does. It says "There is no God." That's all you should need, right? Because we take things that are read as literal.
Ok, I'm gonna give up on this and answer the other more important points you have raised below.

>Clearly not. I decided to look into it, and scholars are not in "unanimous" agreement about this at all.
Again you are forgetting that they are in the minority. N.T. Wright, who is known as one of the greatest NT scholars, argues that the account of the empty tomb and the visionary experiences point towards the historical reality of the resurrection.
Like I said before "most critical scholars believe in the resurrection accounts.

>Why am I to believe in something that cannot be consistent?
Ok, thank you for that. I will answer accordingly. One thing we should understand about the differences is that they, in fact, can be harmonised. In the cases of there being a young man or two young man or same but with angels. One can conclude that the men were in fact angels since we know that angels can take the form of angels as seen in Genesis when two angels enter Sodom and Gomorrah. The difference between one or two entities can actually be answered as a common old linguistic device where they would talk about an event but only mention one part while the other mentions another, e.g., I went to the beach and saw seagulls whereas a friend of mine says I went to the beach and saw two. Not contradictions but rather one vague explanation while the other is more specific.

Also, the tombs being closed or open isn't even a contradiction. One says that they saw the stone taken away while the other says an angel did it again using the same linguistic device of being more detailed in another account.

So one can conclude that what happened was that there were two angels appearing as men sitting/hovering over the tomb who also moved it and showed them that it was empty. Also, you might not know it but this also passes the criteria of embarrassment.
>>
>>36798247
Also, I think this post I wrote to another anon answers your points.>>36798523

>>36798502
Who are they?
>>
>>36798547
http://www.christiantranshumanism.org/about
>>
>>36798584
Thanks, I'll check them out. Not original?
>>
>>36794288
Heya, ChristAnon, thanks for posting. I'm coming back to faith from edgy atheism and agnosticism. The closest thing I have to a denomination would be the Friends, aka Quakers. Work keeps me out of church, which is probably a good thing because most of the churches around me are only too eager to kiss the ass of our (((greatest ally))). But wherever two are gathered in My name and all that. So thanks for reminding me that I need to sir down and get through the New Testament.
>>
>>36798523
>This is a claim that has unanimous approval among scholars
Oh you mean among most Christian scholars, or as you put it, NT scholars? Can I see some secular sources or unbiased sources on that? I know you'll cry "you only want evidence that supports your beliefs" but I want scholarly sources that have no stake in this. An outside arbitrator.

If you meant that most "NT Scholars" are in unanimous belief, I'd have to agree with you, but you can see my misunderstanding. I thought you meant it was so unanimously understood that even secular scholars could not refute the claim.

There are also problems with "visionary experience" as evidence.

Do you believe in ghosts?

Ready to believe in the Book of Light yet?
>>
>>36798803
You're welcome, buddy! Also, have you tried joining my discord? There are other Christians there to who you might enjoy the company of.

Also, I think you should join those churches. I mean you weren't meant to be comfortable. You need to put yourself in situations that challenge you as a Christian. Those people you call kissassey could are actually the ones who have your best interest in mind.
>>
>>36798844
>NT scholars?
Atheists and agnostics count as nt scholars.

>But I want scholarly sources that have no stake in this
Bart Ehrman is an agnostic NT scholar who has written a ton of books to try and refute the Christian religion. But despite his efforts, he still acknowledges the fact that there were resurrection appearances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAhw2cVRVsA
Skip to: 32:35 and look at him try to come up with an explanation.

>There are also problems with "visionary experience" as evidence.
I know exactly what you're gonna say but bring it on anyway.

>Do you believe in ghosts?
I believe in demons

>Ready to believe in the Book of Light yet?
Why should I? There is no reason why a reasonable person would even believe in it. You're just telling me to leave Christianity and follow this Todd guy without proof.
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.