[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

alternatives to nihilism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: t3_68i07k.png (484KB, 636x1000px) Image search: [Google]
t3_68i07k.png
484KB, 636x1000px
list 'em, originally
>>
>>36782106
this shouldn't be hard, come on
>>
>>36782159
i post my best waifu on here and i get no replies? fuck you all
>>
>>36782246
How can you have a waifu (shit) if you don't believe in anything u baka.
>>
>>36782106
Absurdism, it's way less edgy than nihilism.
>>
>>36782262
first of all, she's way more responsible than any of us will ever be, so no ur shit
second of all, i don't want to argue, i just want suggestions to consider
>>
>>36782106
literally everything that it's not that defeatist cuckoldry
>>
File: 1485332888541.jpg (72KB, 720x683px) Image search: [Google]
1485332888541.jpg
72KB, 720x683px
read nietzsche

unsurprisingly unoriginal, this shouldn't be hard.
>>
>>36782106
Just don't think about philosophy at all. That's the step beyond nihilism IMO. Once you realize everything's meaningless there's no point contemplating it.
>>
>>36782346
>defeatist cuckoldry
are you suggesting this as an alternative?
>>
>>36782373
that requires a lot more effort than asking strangers on 4chan tho
did he have a name for this overcoming of nihilism?
>>
>>36782337
That's ur waifu criteria, responsibility.
Are u kitten me.
Also ur making a big assumption about us, you and I.

I'm more responsible so I will be ur new waifu.
U can call me king waifu.

Absurdism or just classical empirical reasoning/consequentialism you edgy wedgie.
>>
>>36782572
She takes good care of her two sisters and pretends to like inferior anime to make her littlest sister happy, she gives up her boyfriend to make her best friend happy, no No NO she is clearly best waifu

thank you for your answer tho
>>
>>36782629
>my waifu is good because she gives up on things
Nihilists wwtl
>>
>>36782106
existentialism is really the only one.
>>
File: 1458013399464.jpg (588KB, 3154x2493px) Image search: [Google]
1458013399464.jpg
588KB, 3154x2493px
>Mastery of a craft
>Financially supporting a worthy cause
>Making sure the Earth is renewable
>Changing the status quo
>Inspiring troubled youth that you can relate to

Or you can just do the family meme (>implying) or some other type of meaningless hedonism.
>>
>>36782689
what if she isn't a nihilist? what if i'm not a nihilist? what if she works really hard on her outfits and kyousuke is a total pleb with no eye for aesthetics?
>>
>>36782295
>>36782373
>>36782382
>>36782572
>>36782716
>>36782764
thank you for your answers, this was very helpful
>>
None of you actually know what nihilism is or what it means. You're fucking morons and you most likely don't even give a shit about philosophy or the nature of life. Do yourselves a favour and debate about other shit that doesn't actually involved introspection and hours upon hours of research and general understanding. This isn't for mental weaklings.
>>
>>36782880
Long answer short who cares
If you don't put ego first then nothing really matress and questions are irelephant
That's why only a dummy could empathise with a dumbo who throws away mc otp for 'reasons'
>>36782934
Ur a big gay noob
>>
Christianity

orginigal
>>
>>36782934
please try to answer my question instead of dodging it
>>
>>36782470
Become who you are.
>>
>>36783064
is this also called "self-actualization"?
>>
File: uzHp6j9.jpg (70KB, 1440x1395px) Image search: [Google]
uzHp6j9.jpg
70KB, 1440x1395px
>>36782373
this, Nietzsche had a fuckton of foresight in regard of the collapse of religion resulting in totalitarianism and nihilism. Just read the existentialists to be honest.
>>
>>36783007
>>36783023
>>36783064
>>36783125
again, thank you for your answers
>>
File: the ubermensch.png (125KB, 934x770px) Image search: [Google]
the ubermensch.png
125KB, 934x770px
>>36782470
Nietzsche called nihilists "life-deniers"; the opposite of that would be someone that is "life-affirming". He is very hard to read, but from what I can understand, nihilism comes from a lack of value in western societies after the death of God (and the metaphysics); instead of drowning in sorrow complaining that your life is meaningless or letting someone else give you a meaning (religion, politic movements like communism and fascism, etc) you should affirm yourself as an individual and a free thinker and create your own, better values, that actually make sense to you. It's about feeling powerful, and becoming strong enough that you can find beauty in life even if your life fucking sucks (Nietzsche himself had a pretty shitty life).

An example of this is the doctrine of eternal reocurrance. How does a nihilist think about death? A christian might think that having a shitty life is ok, because he is going to go to Heaven and have a nice eternal life, while someone else might intead think about killing himself because even nothingness is better than being alive. Now, imagine instead that you found out that, when you die, you are forced to relive your life again and again forever, with all of the good and all of the bad parts. True strength would be to love life so much that you would find such an existence divine.

I'm not gonna pretend I'm some speciallist, I'm reading through Daybreak right now and it's a pretty difficult text, the guy writes beautifully but is really hard to understand (he even says on The Antichrist that his book is 'not for everyone', the cheeky cunt). I suggest you go read his stuff yourself, your bound to get at least something good out of it.
>>
>>36782106
traditionalism
yhukhukyuk
>>
>>36783284
Okay. You definitely make reading him look like it's worth the effort. I'm going to sleep now, but thanks for giving me something I can look forward to.
>>
>>36782106
Play nier automata. In the end, it winds up being about nihilism, and is somewhat inspiring.
>>
>>36782106
predeterminism, determinism and all of its variations, egoism, individualism, epicureanism, narcissism are all some pretty good mindset for robots to follow.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.