[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is living in a van a meme? Nobody can actually sustain this right?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: 5864957957949.jpg (99KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
5864957957949.jpg
99KB, 600x338px
Is living in a van a meme? Nobody can actually sustain this right?
>>
>>36746627
With some initiative and planning yes
>>
>>36746648
Also find a place to shower or riverbathr yourself
>>
In LA, Chad lives in a van and fucks lolis there
>>
Its definitely doable. It's harder in places with harsh winters, but if you're in the US then winters don't get cold enough for it to matter.
And if you've got a camper van, then its all smooth sailing.

The key is to expand your living space to outside when possible, like in your picture where the guy's pretty much camping. If you're going year-round then its also important to have a weekly routine of cleaning or airing out your bed area and blankets/sleeping bag.

I wouldn't mind spending a year living in a van, just cruising/camping and doing remote work.
>>
>>36746675
Really? Kgxlgsog
>>
Just need to stock on food and whatnot
>>
I lived in a car, not a van but it was the most miserable month of my life.

>not enough space to full lay down, so you're curled up in a ball the entire night which fucks with your back and neck
>If its in the winter you'll get sick if you pass out and you don't have blankets or anything to keep you warm
>Always half awake and half asleep in fear of cops or people trying to break into your car

I bet a van could be cozy and you could stick a bed and a lava lamp in there and shit like that but that kind of life isn't for the faint of heart
>>
>>36746693
Yeah, met tons of surfers who just surf, smoke blunts, and fuck the young transplants that move here
>>
>>36746627
I was homeless for about 8 months and did this.

I would not advise. The main problems being keeping warm, cleaning the inside of the van, and security insofar as not just having some random junkie smash your window in for shits and giggles. However depending on where you live it might be okay though.

Oh also its crazy lonely

AMA
>>
>>36746627
I imagine in a city it might work but I don't get how outside it. How do you get food? Where do you find odd jobs? I'd be so fucking freaked out sleeping in one by the woods.
>>
>>36746749
>AMA

why are you gay
>>
>>36746627
I feel like I wouldn't really mind the crampedness of living in a van, but I can't imagine living without quick access to a proper bathroom, especially because of digestive issues. I'd also be constantly worried about where I could park without getting hassled.
>>
>>36746759
Typically in my experiance its not hard to find an is job
>>
>>36746763
desperation. the line for your mums pussy was too long

/middleschoolhumor
>>
Don't be a fool, robots can't survive without wifi.
>>
>>36746791
>2017
>Still thinks getting internet connection is a problem

Literally all of China and India have internet connection, you really think the freaking US wouldn't
>>
>>36746791
With the right setup you can have Wi-Fi in a van
>>
>>36746749
>it's crazy lonely
did you have internet for 4chan in the van?
>>
>>36746742
I want to be in la and be homeless like that
>>
>>36746627
I lived in a air stream about that size for a year wasnt bad at all, I did have power from a generator if I wanted, I did laundry at a stream I was near and showered there too, if I didnt want to do that I would go to 24 hour gym I was member of to shower and do laundry at a mat
>>
>>36746809
US is notorious for having ridiculously bad Internet services, so that's not that long a shot
>>
>>36746831

You better be a good looking outgoing guy cause, otherwise, you'll have tons of NORMIES calling the cops on you
>>
>>36746809
What the fuck is the internet
>>
>>36746850
Whose land were you parked on? It sounds like you might have been on your own land, or at least had permission. That would take a lot of the problems out of "van life".

What was your toilet situation like? Was your airstream equipped with one, and if so, did you have to get the tank emptied at some point?
>>
>>36746868
Eh I'm alright when I have a haircut and lose weight
>>
>>36746824
nope.
This was 6 odd years ago though.
3G mobile stopped working after a while

Oh i forgot to mention. Not having an address is a major hurtle when getting a job. or applying for a phone so you can work a job. or cashing certain kinds of cheques.

would not advise it guys. You think its an uphill struggle now? in a van is easily worse
>>
>>36746666
Get a gym membership for showers unless you're moving from city to city
>>
>>36746885
How bout being outgoing?

>>36746879
'net
>>
>>36746898
This works to
>>
File: 1403348703024.png (233KB, 524x541px) Image search: [Google]
1403348703024.png
233KB, 524x541px
>>36746891
Did you ultimately have to lie to get out of not having an address, or did you simply tell them in person?
>>
>>36746903
If I was in a van in la I'd imagine I'd be going. I used to be fairly outgoing here but I live in a forest small town. Everyone's crazy and mean.

Not the big city mean where they just tell you to fuck off I mean people here actually like being mean they pretend to be your friend then just yell shut the fuck up at you and they're all schizo

That's why I want to be homeless
>>
>>36746880
It was on land in Alabama, I worked on a farm and stayed there rent free it was pretty rough the guy didnt care as long as I didnt cause any trouble and kept weed growers away after work. This air stream had no toilet so I built a john out in the woods dog a ditch built seat around it I sprayed with bug posion worried id get bit. The temp gets hot here so I did use a window a/c when it got bad i cooked outside on the fire almost every night even shit like totinos pizza to keep stuff in a fridge I used a old yeti cooler I bought in thrift store I got lucky and dog it in the ground
>>
>>36747029
What county? Cherokee dekalb etc....etc.....
>>
desu I've wanted to try this for a long time
>>
>>36747060
Autauga county, my brother lived in a larger air stream with 2 rooms a shower and bathroom in TX he paid rent though on crazy guys property
>>
>>36747091
Oh cool I just figured you was this guy I knew who my dad let stay in his wielding shop for a bit
>>
>>36746990
Application forms were usually ignored because they were incorrectly filled out if they didnt include an address. I never got any interviews so i never got to talk to anyone about it. I even wrote "i live in a van gimme a break" on a few applications but it had no effect. Lying about addresses is illegal here but what i ended up doing is lying, then clearing it up with the boss/guy who was interviewing me at the end of the interview. He asked why i was homeless, we got talking and i got the job but there were it was gonna be a real pain for him paper work wise. I got lucky in that he was a good guy who wanted to do someone a favor. but it means getting paid in cash which when you live in a van, is a major security risk.
>>
>>36746627
Its very possible to live in a van and be clean hard part is knowing wear to park you dont want to get robbed or arrested
>>
>>36747082
whats that thing on top of it?
>>
>>36747125
Ah lol no but small world though
>>
>>36747138
Yea I suppose
>>
>>36747029
Well that sounds a bit rough but not completely unbearable. Good job.
>>
>>36746721
I drive an electric car, and have wondered about the three things yo mentioned

first why don't you just sleep in the drivers seat with it fully reclined
second an electric car can fix this because you can run the heater while plugged in though in my nissan the heater doesn't work as well sub 30 degrees

lastly, you think window tint would fix this?
>>
>>36746721
what kind of car was it?
cause i got a roomy suv for this very reason
>>
>>36746627
Yes and no. It depends on your resources, where you're doing it at and what you want to do while youre doing it.

I live in a RV right now and have been for over a year. It definitely is rewarding and grants a sense of freedom that cant really be replicated. Not even when I first moved out on my own is as good as this sense of freedom.

After a while you see the benefits of living somewhere stationary though. Like always having unlimited water. (You can do this with an RV with water/sewage hookups but if youre always on the move you dont have that). That and the small space eventually gets to you. I live in a medium sized RV and theres sometimes i just want more space. I think if i were to renovate it and customize the space tot what I want it would be perfect and I wouldnt need any more space. But i don't have a garage to do this so im sticking with the factory model.

I dont see how living in a van would be comfortable more than a couple months because of size but a medium customized RV could be real comfy. Unless its like your pic OP where you can setup in the wild with good resources nearby or have a good place to park everynight thats also near a gym with a shower and a place with good wifi then living in a van can be real good. Then if you have work or school it could make it harder or easier.

Something like this would be a large large van with a bath and toliet and would be absolutely comfy if you want to live a NEET lifestyle and just chill watching anime or playing vidya all day. But youd have to have a good amount of money to begin with then gas money and so on.
>>
>>36748191
>you can run the heater while plugged in
Yeah but unless you're staying parked in your parents driveway or something, are you really going to have access to an electrical outlet?

Window tint helps to keep heat from the sun out during hot weather, but it would make things worse for cold weather. You are best off using window covers that can be removed when necessary.
>>
>>36749006
its like .10$/hour to charge I believe and theres stations everywhere
>>
>>36746627
You can if you give up internet
Literally the only thing you have to give up
>>
It's fun...at first.

>it's illegal
>you're technically homeless
>at the mercy of cops and criminals
>no shower
>no refridgerator
>no stove
>no water
>no bathroom
>breakdown means no shelter
>a house builds equity a van does not
>poor ventilation
>no laundry
>smelly
>no space
>Chris farley jokes
>>
Van+Woofing/odd work is the shit if you can stay safe from tweakers, police and find moving water. Probably not advisable for your typical world experience deprived robot.
>>
>>36749451
Ventilate the immortal emperor.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/broadcaststsatic
This guy does it
There's only a few videos on his bus shit but the rest is good if I might just shill for a bit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAc5Up8m4mU
His bus is super fucking pretty too it's absolutely gorg
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.