[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I go to a major city with nothing and start my life over?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0036.jpg (204KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0036.jpg
204KB, 900x675px
How can I go to a major city with nothing and start my life over?
>>
>>36746549
Starting to wonder the same thing myself.
>>
>>36746549
You cant
You need at least some money to your name
Unless you are a women or a Chad, don't bother
>>
Get a job there before you move.
Live in a hostel / backpackers for the first few weeks until you find an apartment to rent.
>>
Start sucking dick for money

Of course this isn't original
>>
>>36746584
What if I take credit and sleep in a basement or get a van?
>>
>>36746549
kek, better luck in a mid sized town, big cities attract literal million of desperate people
>>
>>36746549
What do you hope to find in a big city?
>>
>>36746812
big juicy BBCs
>>
>>36746812

not op but big cities seem comfy af.

It's only the price that doesn't seem so comfy
>>
>>36746549
Prostitute your boipucci
>>
I live in NYC. It's hard to make a life for yourself even with family and a support system.

Stay the fuck out. Go live in Kentucky and enjoy making 8$ an hour and living a decent life.
>>
>>36746549
>How can I go to a major city

I'm guessing at least 50% of millenials want this, plus half of India and China, plus refugees

basically you're fucked
>>
>>36746931
No fuck that id rather have nothing in NYC
>>
File: image.jpg (79KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 500x623px
>>36746549
>moving to major city

Boy I hope you have a lot of money saved up, living cost is expensive
>>
File: 26c79e1b7ca00a822aca299ec231041f.jpg (867KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
26c79e1b7ca00a822aca299ec231041f.jpg
867KB, 1600x900px
>>36746916
I live in Paris and it's not comfy at all. To be /comfy/ here you absolutely have to be rich so you can have a big ass condo at the top of a building in a nice district, or else you'll be in a hell of noise, pollution, and normies will be in your face at all times.

Unless you have money, or a well paid job waiting for you there, the only thing that moving to a big city will do is make you poorer or rake up debt if you're murrikan.

>b-but jobs
More job opportunities but A LOT more competition. In a small city maybe you'll have 30 applications for a job, here, a mere toilet cleaning part time job will get 7000 candidates.

Lots of country kids are attracted to the city because they think it's like in the movies. Romantic and comfy. City kids like me dream of nature, fresh air and quietness.
>>
>>36746981
Living in NYC is a meme unless you're a rich stock broker or work for a major company there. My friends work in the city and they rather take a 2 hour train home than live there.

t. Born and raised on Long Island
>>
>>36747018
Can't you just get a cheap room and split it with someone? That way you pay 500 a month instead of 1000 and you can live in Harlem or Brooklyn
>>
>>36747011
but muh le "cultural" scene of which i'll never really be part of, besides watching indie generic stuff I could watch in a thousand other places.
I hate muh le boring town, I hate daddy buh
>>
It's definitely possible to go to a major city, but as everyone said here, it's a riskier move.

Basically, you need cash and a good plan.

But you can mitigate the risk by doing some up-front work. Research what the rents are, what jobs pay, what your commute will be, and do some online networking to get to know people in that city. The best plan is to get a job before you go.

It's hard to go without a job. When I moved, a friend of mine moved with me. I gave them zero rent, they had cash in the bank, but the jobs just didn't pan out, so they had to leave after 6 months.
>>
Absolutely do not do this. The streets of New York are packed with broken, derelict human beings who had the same dream. This place did not fix them and it will not fix you.
>>
Why would you want to go to a major city? Be closer to other human beings and never advance in life because inflation happens more rapidly in those areas? Gross.
>>
22 year old NEET here. my dad is moving to NYC in a couple weeks and i'm going with him to 'figure my life out'

am i fucked?
>>
File: 1465241275481.jpg (121KB, 753x724px) Image search: [Google]
1465241275481.jpg
121KB, 753x724px
>dude dont come here its hard to have a life here
>lives in NYC their entire life
?
>>
>>36747239
Op here from what I gathered you need parents to birth you there, tons of money, or college degrees and a good job just to move there

Just to move there and be poor

Which makes sense because people like Donald trump live there and you're "1,000 a month" is still worthless chump change to people like him and he can throw around 8x as much like it's nothing
>>
Moving to a major city won't change anything, your problems will just follow you since they stem from your own personal issues to begin with, the only difference is you'll be poorer because the cost of living is higher and that being far removed from everyone you ever knew you no longer have any safety net to fall back on if you fail miserably.
>>
>>36746584
desu this advice applies to pretty much any idea fellow robotu
>>
>>36747302
stop being poor then
>>
>>36747239
Not a life, an existence
>>
>>36747239

It's not difficult if your family owns a house that you'll eventually inherit.
>>
1. Have enough money to live comfortably for at least 3 months. Housing included
2. Be very skilled in what you do, otherwise have fun as a waiter
3. Have Chad-like physical appearance, and most importantly have Chad-like charisma

Failure to fulfill all 3 will result in a miserable experience which may or may not end up in homelessness and/or death
>>
>>36747394
>>36747420
I'm pretty sure if a junkie can do it so can anybody else
Or are you some materialistic normie who has to have a 10,000 sq ft loft and a $40, 000 car or he will soduku?
>>
>>36747067
Oh, that, lol. Yeah might be nice coming here for vacation. Living here is not nice though. You won't have time for anything besides maybe a beer with your coworkers here and there. You'll be too tired to do anything else. Weekend is for rest and chores. Also, for the price of a 15 square meter "studio" you can have a big 4 bedroom house in the countryside AND buy a brand new car with the leftover money. It's crazy.

>>36747239
I was born in Paris desu. My parents bought an apartment here 30 years ago for like 1/5 of the price it's worth now. My grandma bought an apartment here like 60 years ago, it's worth over 10 times the price she bought it now. That's how it works. Protip, wages didn't increase by that much. When I was a kid people filled their carts in malls in the suburbs, now for the same price your cart is 2/3 empty, malls are disappearing anyway because people simply can't shop like before.

Anyway, go make your adventures in whatever big city you're fantasizing about, even failure is good life experience.

>>36747528
A junkie lives in the streets. A junkie is a hobo with a drug habit.

>10,000 sq ft loft and a $40, 000 car
What you will get in big cities is more like a 200 square feet studio for around $700 a month, and here you can't even have a car if you're not rich because there's nowhere to park it unless you pay and parking places are expensive as hell. Not sure about NY but I think it's worse.
>>
>>36747679
I looked on la Craigslist and I saw rooms for 700 with parking spaces

Sometimes they just charge an extra hundred
>>
I've posted this a few times now, but I'm leaving a small town in Colorado for Chicago in a week. I'm leaving most my shit here with my a parents for now, just bringing clothes and a few electronic things. It would feel pretty impossible since I will only have $1200 in the bank. What I have tho is a couple connections. I'm going to be living with someone super cheap so I have a place to sleep and shower/kitchen. If I didn't have that my next best bet would be a membership to a gym for the showers. Hit up cl to set up a cheap room if u don't have any family or friends where ever you're trying to live. Also I. Setting up work thru a temp service for guaranteed work when I get out there. Won't be a good job exacrly but hey. It'll give me something g until I get into a warehouse or factory full time position. I've been checking cl everyday for housing and there's 500/700 dollar apartments everyday being posted. Hardest part about this is leaving my videogames behind for a couple months or however long it takes to find a place but not having an addicting distraction like that is good.
>>
>>36748364
Did you find your place to stay on Craigslist? Isn't Chicago kinda cheap already like 325/mo for a room?
>>
>>36746584
Sounds like someone's failed at life. (Someone being you.)
>>
If you are a robot- an autistic, polite, quiet, ambivalent, introspective person who just wants to peacefully go through life I can't imagine anything more uncomfy than living in a big city.

You can't just quietly observe from the sidelines since you are forced to be around (and interact) with every type of human being on earth.

Like others have said unless you are wealthy it's stressful
>>
>>36748364
>Living in Illinois
>Ever

Please don't bother. It's total utter shit.

t. Someones who lives here.
>>
>>36748398
It'll be somewhat of an awkward situation, but I'm going to be staying with the grandmother of the one person I know out there. I'm getting lucky with this tho, she's a real saint and doesn't want to charge me and will feed me. Shes aware I'm ready to bust my ass as soon as I arrive SL she is willing to help me out. My friend has vouched for me. I do check check cl for roommates tho in case I need to get out of granny's hair tho, lots of rooms for cheap like you said so that's my back up plan if getting my own place is taking too long. Chicago is very cheap for a major city, the taxes suck but food and houses (especially in shittier areas is affordable as fuck) I've been to chicago a lot, I love the vibe and liveliness so its nice that so many people want out of their. New York and LA are the cities ppl flood in hopes of living their dream lives. I'll update my situation in a couple weeks if any to it's are planning the same sort of move.
>>
>>36748560
Chicago anon here, I grew up in Rockford and have spent quite a lot of time in chicago. I'm 27 now and know what I want. Illinois is a hellhole but Colorado is so sterile and expensive and inconvenient now. I'll miss the cheap weed but that's no biggie. Plus my grandma lives in Rockford still. She is a great person and literally all of our family has abondonef her somehow. I want yo show her there's still someone who cares. I also have a brother who is buried in Rockford, its probably laughable to most robots but but I think he deserves someone to tend to his grave and visit from time to time. Illinois is my home and I can handle its faults
>>
>>36746549
Have some money saved up, get essentials, and go back to school to pursue your dream if you have not done that already
>>
>>36748797
Maybe for a really shitty/boring person who likes boring suburbs.

>Nothing going on in the city, except shitty downtown dive bar x9000
>Nigger city USA
>Nothing to do in the suburbs
>Rednecks to the south
>Most (within date-able range) women are butterfaced-fat cow single mothers
>Shitty cops & traffic laws
>Did I mention niggers again?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.