[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How well does this image describe you?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: 1462359451332.png (159KB, 665x523px) Image search: [Google]
1462359451332.png
159KB, 665x523px
How well does this image describe you?
>>
>>36726448
spot on :^(
(original story)
>>
>>36726486
Same, do I get antidepressants now?
>>
File: 8l31ywhuqmhx.jpg (21KB, 369x363px) Image search: [Google]
8l31ywhuqmhx.jpg
21KB, 369x363px
>>36726448
well fugck
>>
File: ohgosh.jpg (246KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
ohgosh.jpg
246KB, 750x1334px
>>36726448
what happens if you're TOOOOO liked n sought by everyone so you just avoid everyone because theres too much and you dont want to pick and choose lmao jk . also there isnt enough time to get back to everyone and attend everything and be everywhere so you end up unintentionally not responding on time and ppl think youre avoiding them but ur not youre just relaly popular?

(and yes, this is even after filtering out and keeping your circle small.)

but yeah i dont really relate to any oft hose lol
ur pic that is.

i don treally avoid people intentionally in fact i love seeing them and being with them, its just time. also there is simply too many people to get back to in a day. it sucks ih ad to let many people go because of this. id like to keep in touch with them but.. agh.

sucks being popular :( jk
>>
to be honest all of that just seems insecurity to me - avoidant personality disorder list you posted.

how are you intimate with someone yet fear being shamed or ridiculed? either you're surrounding yourself with the wrong people or you have an irrational fear of shame / are really insecure. either way i dont htink robots are like that, they're probably just memeing lol (pretending to be that way)

to be embarrassed is like.. what?? life is too beautiful to waste time on restricting oneself. esp for the approval of pppl who dont matter. just seek your own approval :)
>>
>>36726448
100% me. I'm a diagnosed aspie btw, wonder if I'm falsely diagnosed or it's just one part of it.
>>
>>36726763
>>36726792
Holy fuck, found the normie woman.
>>
File: seriously.jpg (8KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
seriously.jpg
8KB, 251x242px
>>36726792
>either way i dont htink robots are like that, they're probably just memeing lol (pretending to be that way)
>>
That's me, what caused this mind virus, retard parents?
>>
>>36726887
>Avoidant personality disorder is usually first noticed in early adulthood, with both childhood emotional neglect (in particular, the rejection of a child by one or both parents) and peer group rejection being associated with an increased risk for its development.

Did you have friends in school?
>>
>>36726912

Yes I was popular enough, wasn't shy, just starting going retarded around 16
>>
I think schizoid personality disorder describes me pretty well. I was almost diagnosed with avoidant in the hospital but got out before it happened. But looking at schizoid, it makes sense as well.
>>
>>36726792

It's pathological.

Of course you don't understand.

Because it doesn't make rational sense. It's not something you can reason with or apply some 8-bit platitude to.
>>
I'm afraid to get a gf because my parents always unintentionally embarrassed me when I said I liked someone
>>
>>36727243
My dad would always tease me when he saw me interacting with a girl in any capacity. Hell, he still does and I'm 24. It made me embarrassed to even look at them, and taught me to think any interaction with girls constituted flirting.

>"Is she your giiiirlfriend, anon"
>"Anon and girl sitting in a tress, K-I-S-S-I-N-G"
>>
>>36727243
>>36727365
why do parents do this?
>>
7/7
:)

degollado barthe
>>
>>36727429
They think our reactions are cute. My dad does the same thing with my younger cousins to embarrass them.
>>
Absolutely, 100% me. But "avoidant personality disorder" sounds like a made up tumblr-era excuse for me being a general pussy.
>>
>>36727173
i understand. i just think resigning oneself to a label and believing oneself to be 'broken'; 'this is just a disorder i have' is absolute bullshit.
>>
>>36727634
Don't diss real psychology just because tumblrinas like to self diagnose and glorify mental illness
>>
>>36727708

Right.

Well. Go fuck yourself, pretty much.

It's not resigning, It's struggling your whole life to change and never getting anywhere.
>>
This is literally me in every aspect. Like literally 100% right. I hate knowing that it really is something I can't control, and that even when cute girls and nice friends try to talk to me I have to awkwardly avoid getting asked to an event in order to not have a heart attack. It's like living in a hell where all you want is friends but everytime you get the chance to make them your brain just starts kicking you in the nuts and then strips you naked and makes the whole room laugh at you. Not to mention laying in bed at night going over every detail of the day trying to think if you did any social cue wrong.
>>
>>36726448
All 7 senpai. I am in public right now and I can feel the silent judgement of the Norman. Trying not to cry
>>
File: 1425467476973.png (99KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1425467476973.png
99KB, 2000x2000px
This except I shit myself and wear diapers because of a spinal disease so I have reasons
>>
Will SSRI's fix this? or at least make it better? I took them years ago for depression, but I'm still not sure if they are just Placebo?
>>
Spot-on. What do I do now, go to a doctor or something?
>>
>>36728272
Adderall helps me be less afraid of socializing
>>
>>36728315
I don't know if my doctor will prescribe that. I'm still in Uni and they hardly ever give them to college kids here. Plus I'm afraid it will just turn me really hyper.
>>
>>36728362
What other problems do you have my dude? You don't want to go on SSRI's just because you're antisocial
>>
describes me exactly.

now, how do I fix it?

also have depression and anxiety.
also am ugly as sin.

thanks
>>
>>36728397
Well I have really bad trust issues too. I actually look moderately fit with like a 7/10 face, but everytime someone compliments me or tries to start a conversation I think they are joking and just trying to tease me by treating the weird guy like a friend. I also go into deep bouts of depression on pretty much every holiday because I am alone so I start thinking about how I am the only loser sitting at home and the thoughts literally never stop. I'll have negative thoughts like that for like 15 hours straight and then I cry myself to sleep
>>
>>36728533
I used to have similar problems and hated myself for it until I stopped caring what people think. I think people think I'm an asshole now, but at least I'm happier with myself. I know it's bad advice and you're probably looking for an easy pharmaceutical solution, but it really helps to become more narcissistic to balance out the feelings of inadequacy.
>>
>>36727708
It is bullshit, but at least it helps me to not always blame myself for whatever i have done, and i can be a bit happier until i think about what you say and then i feel even worst because i feel ashamed that i had to blame someting unexistent to feel better....
>>
>>36728649
I've actually tried that. I BTFO'ed some guy that always cheated on my test and told him how worthless he was, but then I just went home and thought about what else I should have said and my heart raced for like 5 hours after
>>
>>36728819
I don't know that it's bullshit, I mean look at all the people just in this thread that seem to match every symptom. There has to be at least some common gene or background event that causes people to be like this
>>
>>36728830
Don't be unnecessarily aggro but just know what your goals are and act accordingly. Don't let other people's expectations prevent you from doing what you need to do to have a good, successful day.
>>
File: mfw.png (165KB, 500x505px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
165KB, 500x505px
>>36728866
yes but in the end this disorder have been invented for us, robots, to feel better and stop blaming ourselves for our errors. But in the end this disorder doesn t really exist. It s just a way to feel better.

It s probably experiences during our lives since childhood that makes us like that, so in the end it s our fault for being like this, no matters what name doctors put upon this disease.
>>
>>36728272

.nobody wants to try anymore because they think a pill can fix everything
>>
>>36729157
But I truly want friends, and close relationships, I just can't get past my brain completely shutting off everytime someone tries to invite me somewhere or get close to me. I really want it I just can't get past the locked door my brain puts in the way
>>
File: dc6.jpg (70KB, 606x926px) Image search: [Google]
dc6.jpg
70KB, 606x926px
>>36727708
> ball is rolling down a hill
> "well, if you don't want to roll down a hill just will yourself to not do it (: life is too short gravity to keep you down"
>>
>>36729157
> stove catches on fire
> "Oh shit, somebody get the fire extinguisher!"
> "You didn't even want to put in real effort, just went straight for chemical assistance as soon as the flames popped up huh? Did you TRY putting it out yourself?"
>>
>>36729157
>t. norman the normanian normie
Yeah maybe he should just bee himself
>>
>>36726792
>you have an irrational fear of shame / are really insecure
no shit you fucking cunt
kill yourself
>>
Somewhat. I don't feel inferior or inadequate or fear criticism. I'm not ugly, I can dress well enough, and I can talk to people the minimum that I have to without spilling my spaghetti everywhere.

But I do frequently avoid talking to new people because I don't want to embarrass myself. I guess it came from enough trying to interact with people when I was younger and failing at it that I just decided it's better for me to be the quiet guy that barely says anything than to be the guy who pipes up and accidentally says or does something autistic. I don't try talking to women because I think back on all the previous times I tried to and cringe. And I will occasionally make male acquaintances but then not really take the next step to actually being friends with them because I don't want to come off as a loser who doesn't already have friends.
>>
>>36726448
It's spot on for me, senpai.

I was actually diagnosed with APD back when I was 18 and my parents were forcing me to visit a psychiatrist. He gave me some antidepressants that didn't do anything other than give me headaches and some anxiety drug that was strong as fuck and supposed to be used only when having panic attacks.

I still have no clue of what I'm supposed to do to fix my condition.
>>
File: 1413669904620.jpg (6KB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
1413669904620.jpg
6KB, 204x204px
>>36726792
>to be embarrassed is like.. what?? life is too beautiful to waste time on restricting oneself. esp for the approval of pppl who dont matter. just seek your own approval :)
>>
>>36727429
They think they're just being funny, but those idiots have no idea how much they're messing up their children when they do it, especially with shy/introverted kids.
>>
>>36730926
This is actually a really interesting point.

Seek approval of others: social norms and attitudes of the time will dictate your morality. You could very well find yourself on the "wrong" side of history.

Seek approval of self: No reference point for good and bad. Just hedonism or some morality based on whatever was impresed on you as a child.

Whose approval should we seek?
>>
>>36726448
Everything except #1 and #7. I actually took a job that includes a fuck ton of interpersonal communication specifically because I know something's wrong with me and I want to challenge myself.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.