[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw trying to transcend nihilism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: 1493656215661.jpg (49KB, 775x837px) Image search: [Google]
1493656215661.jpg
49KB, 775x837px
>tfw trying to transcend nihilism
>>
Rust Cohle the god
>>
>>36722598
Why are you trying? What's the point?
>>
>>36722733
Make time pass
>>
Read some Stoics. Start with Plato.
>>
>>36722769
Already read Marcus Aurelius, Seneca and Epictetus
Haven't read Plato or Aristotle
>>
Its call humor and curiosity.
Sure, its all useless, means nothing and doesn't matter. But it can still be fun to watch and facepalm about when you have the necessary distance.
Watch some Carlin vids
>>
>>36722820
>carlin
Ugh
>>
>>36722795
I've read some Western philosophy but the most profound enlightenment I found through meditation. Basically nihilism is real and nothing matters, but this knowledge will either push you towards depressive nihilism or absolute bliss. You see, if nothing matters, then you have nothing to worry about. Everything will turn out fine. People cannot harm you. They can harm your body and cause pain, but they cannot harm your consciousness. They can kill you, but if you get killed, what will you do about it? The absurdity of the question answers itself. Go live the life you want to live.
>>
>>36722997
That's why I'm trying to shift from depressive to make it a positive force
>>
>>36722598
to transcend nihilism you must let it try kill you
>>
>>36723028
Try psychedelics. Once glimpse of the truth is all you need. Like a dam between you and reality, nudging loose one stone is all that is needed to tear down the dam and have reality hit you in the face like a ton of bricks.
>>
>>36723295
Psychadelics doesn't make you see the truth. They distort your perception. This isn't just my opinion, it is how they work on the brain chemistry.
>>
What's the name for the "I don't care since there's no way to know" philosophy
>>
>>36723295
>hur dur learn the truth through psychedelics
>burn tf out and become hippie

Yeah no thanks. I'll stick to my once a year psychedelic adventure and leave it at that.
>>
>>36722598
Basic nihilism is shit tier. Move onto existential nihilism. It actually can fuel and motivate you.
>>
>>36723664
t. never tried psychedelics
>>36723748
ignorance
>>36723794
>recommend one single trip
>"no thanks, don't wanna become a hippie, I'll stick to yearly trips"
what the duck are you saying here.
>>
you have two options, either nothing you do matters, your life has no meaning, and you have no responsibility for your being, on the other hand, everything you do matters, your life has absolute meaning, and you bear the responsibility of being. it's your choice but there is no in between.
>>
>>36723846
>t. never tried psychedelics
You are wrong.
>>
>>36723846
>ignorance
Skepticism is the only rational conclusion you can end up to you fucking retard.
>>
>>36723881
Thats a dumb quote from that overrated psychologist adored beh the alt right poltards
>>
>>36723846
>t. never tried psychedelics
t. underage

Grow up desu psychs can be great tools for introspection and creativity but they're not "windows to reality", they're not magic pills although they certainly feel that way.
>>
>>36723846
I only do DMT once a month, which isn't really a psychedelic but more so an enlightening experience
>>
File: 1481182227246.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481182227246.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>>36722997
>Everything will turn out fine. People cannot harm you. They can harm your body and cause pain, but they cannot harm your consciousness. They can kill you, but if you get killed, what will you do about it? The absurdity of the question answers itself. Go live the life you want to live.

Just bee urself. People can harm your consicousness. Ever heard of LSD? If I slip a mg in your drink your Self will crumble to teeny pieces as your own consciousness spills every raw secret it ever held. Your proposition is feelgood but indefensible hence unconvincing. Heres why:

>they can harm your body
>cannot harm you

This illusion you have of the self as a little spook hidden in the brain is false and gives you a false sense of power in a fucking terrifying situation. Not only does nothing matter, but everything can grotesquely hurt and mutilate YOU against your will and there's nothing you can do about it. You can suffer indefinitely FOR NOTHING and there's nothing you can do about it.

>they cannot harm your consciousness.
>"When I'm happy I'M happy"
>"when I'm sad it's only my brain that's sad, not ME

Nice dissociation bro
>>
>>36722733
I see what you did there senpai. Oriiigiii
>>
nihilism is the shittiest philosophy, nature doesn't make mistakes, all the animals on earth have a purpose, they do a job and live in unison with the planet, humans are the same, we were created intentionally to do amazing things, we are just taking a long time to reach enlightenment.

things matter, nothing ever dies it just gets returned back into the system.
>>
>>36724491
"I want things to be a certain way" doesn't make things that way. You have some maturing to do, before you can get into philosophy.
>>
>>36723813
That's where I'm at, trying to find meaning
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.