[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superior to league. It's like 99.99% less rage inducing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2815.jpg (884KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2815.jpg
884KB, 1920x1080px
Superior to league.

It's like 99.99% less rage inducing than league of learning disabilities.
>>
>>36696562
I would play it if my toaster could run it.
>>
Gave up on mobas after 3400 hours in one

No point in playing without friends, more work than fun
>>
>>36696562
>League of learning disabilities
Spot on. And yes, far more enjoyable
>>
i heard that heroes of the storm was made to appeal to unskilled casuals who can't git good
>>
>>36696725

You can git gud in league but it only takes 1 person to ruin a game.

It is casual. Mobas should be casual and most of all enjoyable.
>>
I haven't played it enough to know if its balanced well, but Overwatch is a fucking mess balance wise. actually OW is a mess in like every way but visual, to bad its the only FPS game I have right now...
>>
>>36696787

Hots is much more objective based winning.

Balance isn't an issue because there's no item scaling, only heroes and hero skills you choose as you level.
>>
>>36696725
This

That's why I will never play it. If I'm going to play an online multiplayer game skill has to be involved. I didn't waste my whole life playing video games to play a game anyone can be good at.
>>
File: 1489958566679.jpg (33KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489958566679.jpg
33KB, 1080x1080px
Dont u mean dota?
>>
File: 12123123151515.png (110KB, 254x242px) Image search: [Google]
12123123151515.png
110KB, 254x242px
leagues fucking garbage so anything is good compared to it
>>
every competitive game is garbage

t.someone addicted to them
>>
>>36696830

>league
>skill

League is 25% skill 75% item build order/team picks.
>>
File: 1469846149728.jpg (39KB, 382x292px) Image search: [Google]
1469846149728.jpg
39KB, 382x292px
>>36696816
I was playing on a map and this boss just ran it down mid and took the core down to less then half HP. The entire team was hitting it, so unless im just 2new or its got the fabled bliz balance shoehorned in.
Either way I think genji is kinda fun to play in HOTS... he isnt as buggy as he is in OW
>>
File: Aoba desk.jpg (145KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Aoba desk.jpg
145KB, 1280x720px
Never played a moba before but I need to complete 5 games of this to get my D.Va skin.
>>
File: dota-2-logo.0.jpg (9KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-logo.0.jpg
9KB, 660x360px
>objectively the best "bird perspective" MOBA
>free to play

Enjoy paying for games in 2017, goy.
>>
>>36696866

Yeah it's cool how every map has different bosses and perks.

Genji is an op assassin.

I like Tyrael. Zzz auto attack winning.
>>
>>36696886
it's so easy an idiot can do it. And it's not like you actually need to win to get the skin.
>>
>>36696863

This heavely depends on what rank you are. If you are at bronze league, you can pretty much pick any champion and win. But the higher league you are, champion picks starting being more relevant.

The thing is, that in higher leagues people will only pick the most optiomal champions/teams, so skill is still more important to win a game.
>>
>>36696938
>it's so easy an idiot can do it
Y-Yeah. Hopefully I just get matched with some smurf who dicks me nice and fast.
>>
>>36696908
Does a single pay to play moba even exist? I'm genuinely curious. Aside from dota2 asking for moeny during beta, but everyone had keys anyways.
>>
>>36696863
Nigger please I'm master tier and can make a new account and get to high diamond with a 70% win rate. If you don't suck and know how to play you can carry. I literally will lose less than 15 games until I get to like plat 2. And yes of those 15 games my team is absolute cancer but the fact I can carry 80% of my games below diamond shows that it's not 75% team picks build orders and it's more skill reliant.
>>
>>36696963

League is shit.
>>
>>36696982
In league and hots you have to buy the heroes, in dota you've all of them from the start, so technically someone who just downloaded the game is in equal footing to someone who has 2k hours on it. Technically.
>>
>>36696993

No. It just shows you can abuse one role/champion and be an OTP for all of your rank climbing.

Yes 8 out of 10 games is absolute cancer.

I don't want to be forced into one role and one hero to climb.

Enjoy your dying cancer game.
>>
>>36697004
t.low elo player
>>
>>36697041
Are you fucking retarded? I don't have time to argue with low iq low elo players. You can't win games because you suck no other reason.
>>
>>36697046

You know it's shit too. That's why you need to defend it and call me low elo.
>>
>>36697073

But you came in this thread to do exactly that, to argue. You're a perfect example of the many reasons why league of cancer is dying, it's a terrible game.
>>
>>36696982
Overwatch is 45GBP
Heroes of the Storm has pay locked heroes
League of Legends has pay locked heroes
Smite has pay locked heroes
Strife has pay locked heroes
Heroes of Newerth cost 20GBP or so in the past
Team fortress has "cosmetic" items that might give you an advantage

None of these games are "free to play" if you can get an advantage using real life currency. Dota is the only game where everything you can spend money on is cosmetic at best.
>>
>>36697116
Dota is totally free though, there are cosmetics like on every other game, but they're like 20 cents each most of them.

But yeah, you do get every hero from the start, and there's nothing you can buy that will affect on your winrate technically.

Even though, some cosmetics might show higher winrates, none of them affect the game.
https://www.dotabuff.com/blog/2017-04-12-introducing-cosmetics-tracking
>>
>>36697286
It's not cosmetics, it's people who have them.
Never confuse correlation and causation.
And as far as I understand dotabuff released that just for fun.
>>
>>36696863
Just because the skill floor is high, that doesn't mean the skill ceiling is high. If you disagree, then I'd like to see you get into a pro HOTS team.
>>
>>36697286
>some cosmetics might show higher winrates

In the same bracket, say 3k MMR, who would you expect to perform better?

>Someone who invested in Shadow Fiend Arcana and picked Shadow Fiend
>Someone who randomed Shadow Fiend

That's why, on average across all brackets, cosmetics will perform better because people usually buy them for their favourite hero. Any other effect is generally minor (slightly changing the colour scheme etc.)
>>
>>36697690
skill ceiling is low.*>>36696863
>>
>>36697690
>>36697731

I can't take league seriously anymore.
Hots is more fun and it doesn't feel like I wasted time if I lose because it was fun.
>>
>>36696562
>heroes of communism
ehhh
>>
>>36697797
ah sorry I meant to reply to >>36697731
ughhh too many painkillers... mind is slippery... uhhhhhhhhh
>>
how do i carry in league as a support some one help

im hard stuck in silver playing weak ass bitches that need to get their adc fed to win, most of the time the adc is trash and i cant get cs or gold thus rendering my entire existence useless.
>>
>>36697969

Gold per 10 quints and yellows
Start coin

Enjoy free gold for sitting down

It's still a shit game though.
>>
>>36697993
HOLY SHIT THANK YOU i never even pay attention to my runes i have like 2 rune pages spread out for my entire champ pool lmao
>>
>>36697969
Don't play support retard, I always did that shit for every game I had and in OW the same month I picked pharah I climbed from silver to masters, if you're not a complete idiot and can learn stuff on YouTube carrying is easy as fuck.
>>
>>36698027

And make sure to get that talent that gives 1 extra gold for every minion that dies around you.

With coin that's 5 gold per minion death, and 5gold/10 seconds in runes.

Reds and blues are whatever you want.
>>
League is a terrible game though. You'll see that if you ever play hots.
>>
>>36697969
Zyra and brand are the best supports to carry with just use a standard ap mid rune page with them. Don't listen to >>36697993 people in season 3 did that and it's not season 3 anymore you have items to get gold as support now. Don't start coin unless you're soraka or janna. If you suck at zyra and brand you just suck at the game and should stick to janna and soraka or play norms until you get good at other characters.
>>
>>36696562
good job winning early game, don't worry we'll let your opponent catch up after your retard team makes one mistake

garbage game, blizzard desperately trying to keep it alive
>>
>>36698257
yeah i play it once it was absolute dog shit smite is probably even better than it
>>
>>36696562
but is it better than Dota?
>>
File: hots vs lol.png (1MB, 1629x730px) Image search: [Google]
hots vs lol.png
1MB, 1629x730px
>>36696562
hots is the better game cause you don't have to spend 20min just sitting in a lane and then forfeit 5 min after cause you just found out the single person on your team that is supposed to do all the damage sucks ass

20min in to hots matches it's either done or about to be done in 5 min
>>
>>36696600
nice digits
>>36696562
league of learning disabilities
topkek
>>
>2017
>not playing Dota

step your game up plebs
>>
File: 6487455.jpg (141KB, 1091x898px) Image search: [Google]
6487455.jpg
141KB, 1091x898px
>hots 2.0 comes out
>super high mmr dotard and lolbaby friends decide to try it out for the free skins
>even after 50 games, they play like mouth breathing bronzies
>they stop playing because they are tired of losing all day
>ask then why they quit
>"the game is too easy, it's made retarded casuals."
every time
>>
>>36700093

>ranked talk
>implying I'm not having fun playing qm
>>
>>36698346
this used to be the case, but then blizzard added a bunch of shitty maps that only allow you to win by doing objectives or capping out the map entirely
>>
>>36696562
As a dota player I have to say the game is fun to chill out and enjoy for a bit. Dota is a better game but hots is nice to play to chill from time to time.
>>
Find it very funny that there are hots and league fags battling it out in this thread calling each others game casual and easy.
NEWSFLASH: BOTH ARE NORMIE CASUAL TRASH.

Dota is the true robot choice, the learning curve is foolproof normie repellant.
>>
GOD TIER:
Heroes of Newerth

GOOD TIER:
Dota
Dota 2

MEH TIER:

SHIT TIER:
LoL

no idea about HOTS, I'm assuming that it's geared for casuals based on blizz's recent track record so I'll chuck it in the shit just to be safe
>>
>>36696562
League is literally the most saturated, most boring moba ive ever witnessed.
I prefer dota/hots/smite over leauge because theyre faster games. Much more roaming and fighting.
Also not to mention that leauge of legends is literally 15 heroes in the meta and its always buff tanks>assassins too weak + adcs too strong> buff assassins> adcs too weak + tanks too weak > buff either and repeat the process, its so boring.
As far as non stereotypical mobas Battlerite and Forge were probably the best games that genre could ever produce without repeating the formula. Shame both are not so alive.
>>
>>36696725
I mean, the characters are more mechanically complex than anything you'll find in League of Legends, the overall game is less punishing though because you gain experience as a team and the penalty for death is less severe.

But as I said, the actual character kits are a lot more difficult to get good with. And the objective system forces you to actually participate otherwise you will lose, ergo you have to be aggressive instead of farming for an advantage.
>>
>>36701099
Agreed

Dota>Smite>HOTS>LOL

Hots and smite are interchangeable, I like them both about the same, the only one I really don't like is leagues, also I have 100's of hours on all of these games.
>>
>>36700966
Casual about hots

>Less build complexity
>Short matches
>Only punishment for dying is giving some xp to enemy

Harder than LoL
>Character kits are more complicated
>Objectives force you to be aggressive
Constant fighting throughout the whole game with no phases

It's a more casual game for sure, because you don't have to think in terms of stat building like you do in traditional mobas, but the mechanics of the game aren't casual at all, the actual fighting is a lot harder than leagues.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.