[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post Games That Changed Your Life Or Way Of Thinking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 12

File: a3399384d49a4332f9c34e3a3bdb8962.jpg (492KB, 1024x1406px) Image search: [Google]
a3399384d49a4332f9c34e3a3bdb8962.jpg
492KB, 1024x1406px
Hotline made me realize how fucked life was
>>
It made me want to go on a killing spree to some badass techno more than anything else
>>
>>36687757
I wouldnt be the person I am today if I never played through Metal Gear Solid 1, 2, and 3. For the most part, I guess my development as a teen was highly influenced by MGS.

Hotline made me realize okay I am with people dying. Like I kinda hope that a school shooting happens near me so I can get caught in the crossfire.

Whoops.
>>
>>36687757
runescape made me realise girl (male)'s were not to be trusted.

my rs gf lured me into thinking he was a girl and stole all my gp, i now havw an irrational fear of girl(male)'s that theyll steal my gp after pretending to be girls irl.
>>
File: MGS3-Snake-Wounded.jpg (66KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
MGS3-Snake-Wounded.jpg
66KB, 800x452px
>>36687789
I agree,MGS 3 changed me forever.
I sort of grew up playing that game since it first came out and THAT snake is my idol,fuck all the others,they cant compare to the OG
>>
Embarrassing thread to be honest

Try finding some less basic media
>>
>>36688146
shut the fuck up Quentin
yeah Fyodorovich Perdetovski's 400-page treatise about finding jesus while mining uranium in a gulag really fucking cooked my noodle
>>
File: checkers-1.jpg (1MB, 1518x1200px) Image search: [Google]
checkers-1.jpg
1MB, 1518x1200px
>>36687757
TO BE HONEST chess really made me realize how fucked some people are and how easy it is to think so far ahead of other people that they will never, ever know. something hit me once when i was playing a friend in a time where i had been playing a lot of chess. just... that there are people out there whose whole lives revolve around manipulating board states and playing pieces to reach goals that are many steps ahead.
idk if this makes any sense and i'm drinking, but seriously chess made me realize how easy it is to be manipulative or something.
i'm not like that at all, it just made me really paranoid though.
like, state of the world is a huge conspiracy, but i always thought maybe no one gave a shit, but then i realized any idiot can give a shit enough to think a few steps ahead in a chess game, plenty of people can think more than just a few steps, and if it was someone intelligent and with higher stakes, you could think so far ahead no one could really touch you.
>>
>>36688195
>not being a film fag

Geez, just stop embarrassing yourself. I bet you think Kojima is a good director
>>
Vtm Bloodlines made me realize that I am bad at everything, have no talents and am doomed to a life of mediocrity
>>
>>36688297
i bet you think von trier isn't
>>
If a video game changed your outlook on life youre truly pathetic and weak-minded.
>>
>>36688297
>having an interest different than my own
who the fuck do you think you are
>>
>>36688195
This isnt even about being a filmfag, its about having the breadth and width of knowledge and experience such that youre not a drooling retard that gets life-changing ideas from fucking flash games.
>>
>>36688444
as opposed to staring at a different screen for hours watching things that didn't happen or were flushed out to the point of fiction?
>>
>>36687782
This. made me want to get drugged by russians and and given a baseball bat with orders to slaughter some people.
>>
>>36687757
The Stanley Parable.

Oreganos
>>
>>36688108
this 100%
Even though I played it before I still bought the HD collection for ps vita.Its gameplay might be simpler than mgs5,but damn,the story had me in tears over a game.
>>
>>36687795

G I R L
U N E I
Y X A F
X X L E
>>
So are there any videogames that are worthy of being called good art? Any games that might compare to great literature, paintings, music or even film?
>>
File: 1493381154579.png (2MB, 640x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1493381154579.png
2MB, 640x1920px
Do visual novels count? Umineko unironically made me see the world in a better way. At first I hated all the stuff about magic and the messages about love, but by the end I liked it and managed to like the world around me more. I basically went through Ange's character development in real life.
>>
File: eugh.png (40KB, 341x352px) Image search: [Google]
eugh.png
40KB, 341x352px
>>36687757
>a video game thaught me how fucked life was
>a video game
>made me realize something about life
>video game
>>
>>36692896
Are you too obtuse to understand how a person can be changed by experience?
>>
>>36687757
ds2 pvp 600 hours made me realize most people are scum
>>
File: 1480899312343.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1480899312343.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
Fable taught me that I should just get fat and fart a lot
>>
>>36687757
Back in 2009 and 10 Team Fortress 2 made me see what it was like to be part of a community.
>>
Last few levels of EDF 4.1 helped me develop a sense of morality

>the edf can't deploy if there is no earth to deploy to
>>
>>36688195
i like Russian lit, but this is a pretty accurate distillation
>>
File: ChosenUndead.png (157KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
ChosenUndead.png
157KB, 500x309px
I've never played a game that changed how I thought about the world, but I've played some at the right points in my life. I first played Dark Souls after a really low point, and was pretty effective at that point.
>>
Fire emblem. It taught me that everyone dies at some point, women have it easy and there really isn't a girl for everyone, and it all depends on who scores the most support points. And even after all that, you're not guaranteed a paired ending
>>
File: gameshark-ps1-psx-iso.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
gameshark-ps1-psx-iso.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
>>36687757
That shit is a lot more fun if you're cheating
>>
>using video games to teach you things

I just play them wtf is this shit?
>>
>>36694965
/Thread

>inb4 shit taste anons with le dark souls and le redditwatch
>>
Beginners guide.

Anyone who calls themselves an artist should play this, it really captures a lot of emotions that come with art and being around other artists. I won't say anything more because it does spoil some things. It is a lovely game and only one of two to make me cry.
>>
The GEP gun is the most silent takedown.
>>
File: 1488628316137.jpg (29KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488628316137.jpg
29KB, 640x640px
>>36692917
lad
hotline miami showed you how fucked up hotline miami was
vidya in most cases is escapism from reality, not a slice of it
>>
>>36691312
a hundred years from now there will be, at least if society holds out until then and the video game community gets around the whole problem with consoles / systems not being maintained long enough to be able to reach an audience 20 years after release consistently and DVD's crumbling to unusable dust and stuff. the problem is simply the way video games are being created and distributed for profit and controlled (who owns it etc) henceforth, and the whole stupid commercial games testing community around it, that prevents games from being considered art

art is what happens when pretentious faggots 100 years later come together to mourn the good old times, nothing that is revered today was accepted uncritically as being art when it was released.

there is a reason why games like ocarina of time, majoras mask, homeworld, chrono trigger, have such a huge following still today.
>>
>>36688366
Fuck off, its the same as reading a book and having your life be changed dickweed
>>
Ever since I first played Hotline miami when it released like 2 years ago, I have been thinking about it every single fucking day.
>>
>>36691312
I would consider "life is strange" art
>>
>>36687757
Hej, Lars ^^
>>
File: IMG_20161211_100041.jpg (135KB, 1280x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161211_100041.jpg
135KB, 1280x700px
Life is Strange made me realize how unimportant I actually am in peoples lives. I now know than people dont actually need me.
>>
League taught me how to hate others with a burning passion I've never felt before.
>>
>>36695382
This thread is about how games change lives and ways of thinking, not about games being part of life or not you dumb
>>
>>36687757
The only video game that had a serious influence on my psyche was DotA and dota-likes (hon, dota) because they showed me how much of a fucking waste of time video games are.
I wouldn't oppose video games as vehemently as I do now if I didn't have thousands of hours of these games
>>
>>36687757
Gears of War made me a tryhard in online games. I never cared about winning or stats and stuff until I got really good at it. I was top 100 in GoW and ever since I try to be one of the best in every game I play.
>>
>>36696824

>play cartoonish shit game designed for little kids for 1000 hours

there's your problem
>>
>>36687757
Literally X-Men Legends
Not because it was good, but because it was bad
>be me
>maybe ~14 years old
>trying to 100% X-Men Legends
>going after everything from lists on the internet
>leveling up every move
>fighting wave after wave of enemies in the sewer
>in the streets
> finding CDs and comicbooks and all easter eggs
>fighting a wave of Morlocks in the sewer and it hits me
What the fuck am I doing with my life?
>>
>>36696856
try 6000 hours m8
>>
>>36696824
This is the ultimate redpill on vidya
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
Playing this game for the first time as a child introduced me to the concept that video games could be art. I'm not going to say it was monumental in the way it changed my life, but all LaughingTidus.tiff memes aside I have yet to see such a beautifully designed and executed, vibrant universe in a video game which simultaneously retains the level of character development this one did. What was special about this game was that the protagonist wasnt some immaculate, brooding bishie, he was an annoying dork with an absent, abusive father. He didn't have any magical abilities that set him apart from the rest of the cast, unless you count his athletic ability, but even then that ability was entirely down to the player. Like, you could very easily lose the Blitzball cup in the game. Every character had flaws and that made them relatable. The problem with the new FF games is that none of their characters have any REAL flaws.
>>
File: 1473286978381.jpg (185KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1473286978381.jpg
185KB, 600x600px
>>36687757
Not a game but here's a quick rundown
>lack empathy
>have autism
>read THAT rape loli doujin
>that ending
I really felt fucking terrible for her and it made me think hard about how her life would continue.
>>
>>36696128
>>36696727
>this lazily written visual novel with uncanny valey graphics

but the colors were pretty
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.