[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel totally out of place in this world. Now, this isn't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1491969316619.jpg (22KB, 269x190px) Image search: [Google]
1491969316619.jpg
22KB, 269x190px
I feel totally out of place in this world. Now, this isn't just some dumb existential rant, it's about how the sensory aspects of the world unsettle me. It's not just civilization, everything about this world feels odd. The color and feel of grass is unnerving, the sun shines in an eerie way, trees look strange, like they don't belong. Especially the trunk and the area around the base of trees looks awkward and wrong. The shape and color of clouds is wrong too, it makes me want hide from them, especially when you can see the sky above them. I've been all over the world, and it all feels wrong to me, deserts, mountains, forests, plains, it all look strange and unsettling to me. I feel like I want to be as far away from it as possible. Mountains and hills feel shallow and isolating in a creepy way. Rivers, dirt, rock, everything just doesn't look right at all. I feel like everything from the minute details to the overall shape and size of everything is off, it's an uncanniness I can't articulate. I feel like mountains should be taller and more rugged, and plains should be flatter and wider, and rivers and canyons should be deeper. And the worst of all is the sky, it's this disturbing shade of blue around the edges that makes me feel trapped. The only time I feel alright is when I look at the stars on a clear night, but everything about this planet, from it's civilizations to it's wilderness, just feels very wrong. It's not a violent thing like volcanoes which are beautiful and calming in their own way, everything feels half-done. The length of days, the sun, the moon, everything feels like something is wrong with it to me. I can't often accurately say what that something is, it's just an uneasiness that everything around me gives off, it makes me want to get out as soon as possible. Everything about it, from the man-made to the natural, doesn't feel right at all. Anybody else sense this feeling about the earth? To anybody else, does this planet feel not right?
>>
>>36657971
I often feel like something is off with me, like I'm possessed almost. During those times, nothing really changes in my sight but how I perceive it slightly changes and yeah it feels kind of like that. Is it a mental illness or something?
>>
>>36658005
I don't know, it probably is an "illness" technically, but to me it's the world that seems sick. I've felt this way ever since I can remember, nothing about earth has ever felt right. It's why, as much as I hate the inside of houses, I'd rather be inside than having to look at it. I played outside a lot as a kid, but it always felt off.
>>
>>36658054
Inside isn't natural, and I hate it. Do you find the world beautiful? Like if you look at a large expanse of land with no people or houses what do you think or feel?
>>
>>36657971
you should write prose or poetry, anon
>>
>>36658214
Oh, I hate being inside too, but everything feels unnatural to me and I'd rather design it myself to be slightly less unappealing. Last time I went on a trip to try to shake this feeling, I went to Arizona, and I visited a ton of different areas. Rocky deserts, deserts with lots of brush and cacti, mountains, pine forests, it all had that same uncanny feeling to it. Nothing, not even a massive several mile wide valley with tall mountains on the other end and no buildings to be seen, made me feel better. It really crushed my spirit because I'd already been to a bunch of different places, Europe, Asia, even South America. I always try to get as far away from cities and it still doesn't help at all. When I'm outside I want to go in to get away from it, when I'm inside I want to go out to get away from it. There's no escape.
>>
>>36658398
How do you feel when you sleep, do you like to dream?
>>
>>36658436
It really depends, to be honest. Some of my dreams have had the most unsettling landscapes that I remember, but some of them also have had landscapes that I wish were real because i have such fond memories of them. I think I have been able to get rid of that feeling before in a dream once, but I don't remember.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.