[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general - GET THROUGH MAY edition

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: chaduni.jpg (265KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
chaduni.jpg
265KB, 800x533px
One more fucking month and you can all go home and play vidya and watch anime, finish as strong as you can because I believe in you unifaggots

>how many finals are left?
>how many weeks are left?
>you passing your classes?
>if not, what's your plan to get back on track?

There's so little left to finish by now, let's do it!!
>>
I have an oral japanese exam and im freaking out. I have been studying but i keep thinking i will choke.
>>
File: 1467960877400.jpg (52KB, 604x455px) Image search: [Google]
1467960877400.jpg
52KB, 604x455px
I'm ready to fucking die
>>
You mean your classes don't end in April? Is May classes a britfag thing
>>
File: tumblr_ongyec3vhA1r2r59eo1_540.jpg (52KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ongyec3vhA1r2r59eo1_540.jpg
52KB, 540x304px
>>36617476
Britfag here. My third semester starts on the 7th, and all i have to do are exams. Im personally done with uni by early june.

I asked in the last thread and didnt get much of a reply, so i guess i'll ask again - Does anyone have any idea what kind of jobs you can get with a CS degree that aren't programming / software engineering?

Im too far into my degree to change what im doing, but i absolutely hate programming. Just wondering how useless my degree will be for me.
>>
>>36617351
I have a group chat in my moonspeak class today. It counts as 10% of my grade
>>
You Americans still have school? We're done up here in Canada, at least my school is. Meh, I dropped out this semester anyways, waste of money and time.
>>
Why do people take notes?
I've noticed kids will frantically write everything that's in the lecture power point including the most irrelevant details that the teacher will explicitly say not to copy. The power points get posted to the internet too, so they can be revisited at any time. Perhaps there are a rare few exceptions that take great, relevant notes but whenever doing some type of group work I notice that everyone's "notes" are useless. If given a simple conceptual question, they'll flip between all their pages of notes as if the answer is somewhere in there.
Wouldn't it be better if they simply listened to the lecture?
Wouldn't it be better if they used their brains instead of their notebooks to answer questions.
Mind you, many of these note-takers are smart people, I think they are limiting themselves with their relatively useless note-taking.
Are they trying to fool professors into thinking they're studious? It doesn't work when they submit a barely literate paper loaded with jargon from their notes.
>>
>>36617753
In my circle of friends at uni im the only one who takes notes. I feel that writing the content down as youre being told it solidifies it in my memory. If im just sitting and listening then my mind can wander more easily. By taking notes im always engaging with the content of the lecture.
>>
>>36617753
Idk some classes you just need it for, the majority you don't though

Plus it helps a ton if you're just gonna reuse your notes for an essay
>>
>>36617753
Some people are just doing it because everyone else is, personally I find writing things down as they're said helps me remember things in certain classes
>>
>>36617551
Do you like talking to people? Maybe you can be a technical recruiter. Or you can do some sort of data anyaltics. What about programming so you hate?
>>
>>36617476
OP here, my last final is May 22 and I'm american. Do other US uni's end earlier?
>>
File: IMG_1234.jpg (247KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1234.jpg
247KB, 1280x853px
I graduate next semester and still haven't gotten laid. Help
>>
File: 1490407648514.png (108KB, 292x312px) Image search: [Google]
1490407648514.png
108KB, 292x312px
I don't get uni.
I'm only here to build a portfolio and pretend i'm doing something meaningful
>>
>>36617910
In a professional environment I feel comfortable talking to people. I would've thought i'd need a statistics / maths degree to do data analytics though.

I'm not entirely sure why, but i just dislike programming on a fundamental level. The only anomaly is functional programming. I enjoy that - but nobody really uses languages like haskell.

I find it extremely frustrating to write in OO languages - and the idea of making games or apps sounds absolutely awful.

The only parts of CS that really interest me are the theoretical parts desu, but i cant imagine any jobs that involve that.
>>
Where do you live when you have no friends?
>>
Had an awful panic attack last night, then had one of the best dreams of my life. I wishI hadn't woken up.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.