[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/nihilism/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: anexistancewithoutpurpose.jpg (210KB, 1217x781px) Image search: [Google]
anexistancewithoutpurpose.jpg
210KB, 1217x781px
I remember once being a young child full of so much excitement and curiosity about a world that I assumed was an amazing place.

As I've grown older that excitement that once shined brighter than anything possible has been absolutely extinguished.

I realised that the world is a cruel and bitter place full of callous people who will do nothing unless it benefits them in some sort of way.

Humans throughout history have made up stories and theories about fantastical afterlives because they cannot accept that they are already living in hell.

We have no purpose nor reason for living on, to breed? Then what? It'll come to a point where our population is unsustainable, the planet will surely be destroyed with humanity along with it.

We really are nothing but parasites that destroy everything we touch, we are not worthy of any salvation should it even exist.

I'm sure you'll write this sentiment off as some edgy dickhead but surely you can find some truth in it, there's no point in being alive. All life is meaningless, our existance is meaningless.
>>
>>36610918
Don't worry. That's just one of the stages. You'll eventually come to realize that everything exists because it has to, and that within our infinite number of universes, each and every possible scenario is played out, even the shitty ones. They're all entirely necessary and perfect.
>>
>>36610918
It's not even "edgy"
The people who automatically proclaim that simply can't accept the fact that oblivion is fate that awaits each and everyone of else and even the world itself. This isn't speculation, opinion or edginess. It's fact. To see it as anything else is just a coping mechanism, in my opinion.
>>
>>36610918
Read Schopenhauer

you'd like him
>>
File: 1493180394302.jpg (81KB, 577x490px) Image search: [Google]
1493180394302.jpg
81KB, 577x490px
>>36610981
Stages of what? I really don't plan on sticking around much longer but what makes you think there are an infinite amount of universes? Even if there were more you'd still live in this one so why bother about them?

>>36610981
Thank you anon for agreeing with me. I've noticed that people always call others edgy when making posts like this and I usually wonder if they're scared that it is the truth.
>>
>>36611057
>>36611138
I can't really blame. There was a time when I didn't want to believe it either. Who would want to look forward to nothing? The older you become the more sense it makes. I think THAT is what scares people.
>>
>>36611138
Stages of realization, ime. And personal experience, specifically with powerful hallucinogens. Definitely try some before dying, and I genuinely feel that may change how you view existence.
>>
>>36610918
How old are you?
20?21?
>>
OP nihilism gets tired and dull when you're a little older. i would bet that you're <24.

eventually, whether you're capable of it or not, you will start to seek things out that challenge you to feel.
>>
>>36610918
>he hasn't embraced the meaninglessness of it all and used it as an excuse to worship chaos gods and practice hedonism daily
0/10 would not praise kek with.
>>
>>36611214

>Most people are incapable of internalizing the purposelessness of their lives so they push it out of their heads

Ftfy. Also, most people have tiny existential episodes which they quickly bury under some shitty philosophy.
>>
>>36611214
How does the acceptance of the fact that nothing matters in the end get dull and tiring? Is it because you think we do nothing? We go about our daily lives, atleast I do, just the same as the next guy on the street, I just keep in the mind that it'll end in time. That's it.
>>
IMO:
>Life is not meaningless to those who have a good life, because they don't question it.
>>
>>36611286
Hm. Yeah, I can see how that makes sense.
>>
File: Crow.jpg (47KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
Crow.jpg
47KB, 500x333px
>>36611174
Trust me I am very scared of it but I can't just ignore it as some sort of false outcome.

>>36611203
I'll try some I suppose but I doubt it'd do me any good, it's not like some higher being will speak to us by doing drugs.

>>36611206
I'm 19

>>36611214
I don't know, I feel that there is no escape from the end so I might as well skip all the bullshit and cut to the chase.

>>36611286
I wish I could be that ignorant but perhaps I've already convinced myself this is all for nothing.
>>
>>36610918
I feel like a lot of self proclaimed nihilists miss the entire fucking point of nihilism. Yeah, there is no inherent meaning in anything, but you seem to think that is negative. like theres inherent negativity in realizing there's no meaning. Which is pretty fucking retarded because in the moment you say that, you forget that both negativity and positivity are NOT inherent. I want to see more nihilists acknowledging the true neutrality of it all, and then take that neutrality, and break it. I don't see why one wouldn't create positive meaning if given the choice between positive and negative perspectives on the universe and existence. For me, nihilism is needed to shine bright. It's hard to be thoughtful, realistic, and objective if I'm trying to lie to myself. remember, everything is as real as much as it's not real. Would suggest listening to afew Alan Watts lectures. The purest of neutrality in the universe is required in order for you to freely choose a path to follow in life.
>>
>>36611399

Nihilism doesn't have a "point", friend. You're thinking of existentialism. It takes nihilism has a launching point for that whole self-affirming stuff.
>>
>>36611355
Think about consciousness really hard. Now tell me, how can nothing be an experience?
>it can't
>>
>>36611440
Youre kind of right. Nihilism has a point though, I'd disagree. The point is to be truthful about reality. if there wasn't a point, it wouldn't exist. The point is to say there's no point.
>>
>>36611644
The point is that we're all playing a joke on ourself.
>>
File: Tree.jpg (401KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Tree.jpg
401KB, 1280x960px
>>36611399
I think the problem is that not all nihilists are in the exact frame of mind. Sure there are plenty of nihilists who are rather optimistic and believe that if nothing matters than they are truly free to do what they want.

Sure I understand that but some people are just in shit situations, they realize that if nothing matters and they're already in a bad spot they'll obviously see it as more of a negative than they would a positive. I guess it all depends on the persons mentality.
>>
Take Niacin, downerboy.
>>
File: 1491973132270.png (300KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1491973132270.png
300KB, 500x333px
>nothing in life matters so you can care about whatever you want
>love is just chemicals but it's okay because everything can be explained through science, no need to be upset
>no need to waste time worrying if your feelings or thoughts are "creepy" because humans are just apes and what is creepy is subjective
>tfw feeling pretty good
Needing someone else to hand you your lifes meaning is fucking gay.
>>
Just give it up. Your childhood was shit, but you were too naive to notice. There wasn't anything good about your life, and there never will be.
>>
>>36611688
Very true. It's the game.
I feel like I'd hate the fact that it doesn't matter, well, if it mattered.
>>
>>36611813
I am in agreement with this anon and his greentexts
>>
>>36611882
Yes! I'm glad we agree, anon. Keep on spreading the message
>>
File: Road.jpg (141KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Road.jpg
141KB, 500x500px
>>36611813
Your statement suggests that there is any possible meaning to life. There isn't and there never will be, we're all on a fast track to death regardless of what stupid goals you've accomplished. You caring about anything won't make a difference in a thousand years.

You won't even be a memory, you will cease to exist both physically and mentally. I don't understand how you'd not see that you're just going through the motions, you live just to live. Nothing more. So what are you gaining by living?

>>36611822
You're absolutely right and it's a shame that we are brought into the world thinking otherwise.
>>
If everything is meaningless then language is meaningless too, implying the statement that everything is meaningless is meaningless too.

>>36612068
>You caring about anything won't make a difference in a thousand years
I feel you senpai, this is how I feel too but you can't possibly know that for certain.
>>
Why not fight to transcend higher, reproduce then your kids do the same. Soon we are spread across the planet, then the solar system, galaxy and so on. Soon we become the universe and set the rules and make it bow to us. Then something else comes along and does the same.
>>
>>36612375
>spreading this plague called consciousness ad infinitum
great idea.
>>
>>36612375
Existing is pain, do we really want to create more things that can experience than necessary? In the grand scheme of things, yeah that's the game we're gonna try to play, if we don't die, we'll spread. But it'll save a lot of time and effort if we just all die with our planet instead of with the heat death of the universe. It's inevitable
>>
>>36612068
Jokes on you, I've always lived in the moment. the past is history, and the future may never come. All we have is here and now, might as well enjoy while we can. If I'm going to stop existing anyway, might as well enjoy being alive while I can. Yeah no shit, there's no meaning to anything I do, but there doesn't need to be meaning, as long as I enjoy it while I do it. To be honest I've never understood people who are so fixated on goals and the future, I'm alive right here, right now, my past and future self might as well not exist anyway. Because there is no meaning to life, that is why I can not care about there being no meaning. Like this anon said,>>36611882 If meaning is a non-existence, why worry about it? Things that don't exist don't exist, there is no need to be upset. I'm sorry you can't enjoy life though, and I definitely understand the mindset of someone who would rather die if they can't enjoy existing. When I someday run out of things to enjoy, I'll probably take my own life as well, but there's no need to worry about that day until it comes. Yeah, my enjoyment of life is a simple one of jacking off, watching anime, reading manga, and listening to music, but when life doesn't matter, who cares? Certainly not me. We're just like every other animal, there can be no good or evil in us because neither good nor evil exist. But that's no problem to me because that's just how it is.
>>
>>36612375
what's the reward in the afterlife for feeding mouths and caring about what happens after us when you might as well deplete the resources of the earth at the expense of future generations?
>>
>>36611214
i'm 32 and i find endless pleasure in seeing the difficult lives of those who care about pointless things requiring effort
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.