[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in upstate ny >it's the worst place in the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3570.jpg (62KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3570.jpg
62KB, 550x412px
>live in upstate ny
>it's the worst place in the world
>has the highest tax rate in the country
>rural area
>way more isolating than any other place
>people here are extra evil like literally demonic
>it's winter 800 days out of the year
>coldest winter in the country
>the apartments in the college town here are 750/mo for a 1br
>a room in la is literally the same cost
>more expensive than most major cities
>>
File: 1493181875087.jpg (119KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1493181875087.jpg
119KB, 500x390px
>>36603657
Yea glad I moved away from that peace of shit region. I used to live in the city but mummy decided for some fucking reason that moving upstate/LI would be better and cheaper. The dumb bitch didnt even take into account that she would be spending a fucj ton to get to her job down in Queens and completely fucked my social life.

Keep your head up, OP. Save some cash and find a cheap apartment in the bronx or queens and be comfy.
>>
Maybe you'd like to live on Cape Cod or Cape May or something.

Live the beach life.

Neither of those places are even that far from NYS.
>>
>>36603657
>>36603801

What are you people considering "upstate"? The parts of upstate NY I've lived in are chill as fuck.
>>
I've lived in 914, 607, and 716. New York kind of sucks but some places aren't so bad. Don't be a pussy OP.
>>
>>36603801
I just want to LEAVE it's so fucking sad watching people have jobs here and shit knowing they can never make it to the top of career and people don't do anything but just sit at home and wait to die it's so fucking fucked. Also fuck your mom for bringing you even less than an hour outside the city. I live 6 hours from the city.
>>
>>36603899
Yeah if you don't have dreams. I want to do music and it's fucking rediculous how you can only succeed in NYC or la.

No I'm not doing SoundCloud or internet fame fuck off
>>
File: wnrGTAm.jpg (111KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
wnrGTAm.jpg
111KB, 500x749px
>>36603835
Lived in middletown for a year and went to a school in pine bush so that is considered upstate. It is filled with 3 groups of people depending on where you live. Middletown= niggers and illegals

Pinebush area= dumb red necks that STILL USE FUCKING OUTHOUSES.

Allso every fucking other day you'd see a dead deer or racoon lying on the road and it was not uncommon for them to be left for a whole month.

Never been farther north than that. I'm guessing it gets better but for now I remain skeptical of that.
>>
>>36603801
>upstate slash long island
what the heck do you mean lmao
>>
The only good thing about Upstate NY is the cold weather fuck you OP
>>
File: 1493284076892.jpg (334KB, 1520x1604px) Image search: [Google]
1493284076892.jpg
334KB, 1520x1604px
>>36604018
sorry for making it confuaing.

I moved upstate for a year and went through hell, then mummy decided she didnt enjot it as much and was going broke. So rather than moving back to the citY CLOSER to her job which would make more sense, she decided to move to long island. A little less money on transportation, but still a lot spent on gas+tolls.
>>
File: tumblr_mw9jjtKAYF1resjqco1_500.gif (647KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mw9jjtKAYF1resjqco1_500.gif
647KB, 500x281px
>>36604060
Yeah enjoy shoveling a foot of snow every week during the winter
>>
>>36603994

Middletown is neither upstate nor rural; it's a depressed suburban crossroads shithole, and Pine Bush is a stone's throw from it and is obviously going to be filled with the same people. Thinking either of them are representative of all of upstate New York is pretty laughable. Don't talk shit about upstate NY if you've never been beyond Albany or the Catskills.

>>36604018

He's a city baby who thinks that Westchester and Rockland are upstate so he doesn't feel any need to distinguish between "upstate" and LI.
>>
>>36604137
I like you, where do you live anon
>>
>>36604165

I'm actually from Westchester and live in the city now, but I went to school in Binghamton and my dad has a house in Sullivan county. So I've had just enough of a taste of upstate to understand how shitty the urban hell that I'm trapped in is.
>>
>>36604222
I am also originally from Westchester and I lived in Binghamton for 2 years. I live in Buffalo now and I like it here. My dad's from the Bronx and I have lots of family in Queens. I think NYC is incredibly overrated but everyone has such a huge boner for it for some reason.
>>
>>36603801
>Save some cash and find a cheap apartment in the bronx or queens and be comfy.
if he's complaining about 750 a month for a one bedroom where he is, he's not going to find anything better in the city.
>>
>>36604137
anything north of yonkers is upstate.
>>
>>36603657
>coldest winters in the country
Are you a retard
>>
File: 1362033698829.jpg (33KB, 681x590px) Image search: [Google]
1362033698829.jpg
33KB, 681x590px
>>36604477

t. citycuck
>>
>>36603657
I live in Bismarck North Dakota.

It's at least a 6 hour drive of flat, brown nothing in every direction till you reach civilization. During the winter (which lasts 8 months) there are days where the wind chill can kill you in minutes.

Stop complaining
>>
>>36605057

That is fucking surreal, dude.

Go show us some pictures you've taken please. I would love to see the area.

What do people do for fun there?

Do you have the "Fargo" accent?
>>
>>36604222
binghamton sucks dick. i lived in northeastern pennsylvania, about an hour south of binghamton, for the first 25 years of my life. the whole area is depressing as hell, although jew york shitty is even worse.
>>
>>36605092
Lots of pics but I feel like resizing them for 4chan.

Hunt, drink, work hard, shooting range, wrench on their pickup trucks. It's like the deep south only with opposite weather, the lowest unemployment rate in the country and zero minorities. People are polite to the point to weirdness.

Slight accent you betcha. It's an ok place to live. Weather sucks though, no getting around that
>>
>>36605393
>People are polite to the point to weirdness.
doesn't this bother you? i have issues with southern and midwestern people because of this. it makes me uncomfortable when people are incapable of honesty because of "good manners" and it can lead to weird passive aggressive bitterness.
>>
Former Dutchessfag, it was possibly the most depressing place I've ever lived. I enlisted just to gtfo because I couldn't stand it anymore. Moved to CO with the money I saved up and I've never looked back, I even cut ties with my family over it because they wouldn't stop guilt tripping me and fuck off.

Upstate has some beautiful scenery and it's nice to visit sometimes but that's about all it has going for it.
>>
>>36603826
Cape Cod is really nice, even a place like Provincetown is so much cleaner and friendlier compared to what I'm used to. All of the tourists ruin it for me though. The few times I've visited off season were the best.
>>
Currently live in upstate. You're dumb.
>>
>>36606780
Still living in po town and I want to get out every single day. I may do exactly the same as you and enlist just because I'm too dumb for any other job but need to get out of this fucking state. I'm a dedicated /fit/fag because there's absolutely nothing else to do, thinking about trying to grab a SEAL contract.
>>
>>36606876
What part? Urbanites don't count, us bumfuck backwoods hicks were destined to be robots from birth.
>>
File: 1423529913356.png (126KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1423529913356.png
126KB, 399x388px
FUCK ALL YOU PEOPLE ON THE FUCKING COASTS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND THE PAIN OF LIVING IN FUCKING KANSAS HDIASJSBSJABAJSB
>>
>>36607120
Just move to Colorado you crybaby bitch.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.