[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How in the fuck to people maintain a regular bedtime before midnight

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: shutterstock_77286451-1[1].jpg (172KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
shutterstock_77286451-1[1].jpg
172KB, 1280x853px
How in the fuck to people maintain a regular bedtime before midnight and wake up to an alarm before 8:00? Is this something that comes easily to careercucks, or is everyone just lying about how tired they are and relies on drugs to fall asleep, and coffee to stay awake? I've been NEET for 3 years and it seems like the only jobs I could possibly get are in retail/food service where they have closing shifts, like 1-9 or 2-10PM.

Part of what makes existence bearable for me is simply going to bed when I am tired enough to fall asleep right away, and waking up when my body is ready. I tired resetting my sleep habit to an earlier cycle, and am occasionally forced to wake up early, but no matter how tired I am, always end up going to bed around 3AM more or less.
>>
Many people are chronically sleep-deprived.

The normalfags take pride in bragging about how very little sleep they got the night before.
>>
>>36598420
Most people do enough during the day to the point where there tired and can fall asleep easily.
>>
wageslaving is done out of a perceived necessity
>>
Use sedatives at night before sleep
>>
I work in a hospital and it's unreal how many of us are on adderall. I know I couldn't function without it. Work 13 hours because 12 is never just 12, walk to car, disinfect shoes, commute 40 minutes home, disinfect shoes again, strip clothes at the door, shower, eat sleeping pills, make dinner and lunch, promise myself one day I'll start eating breakfast, read a little before pills kick in, wake up and eat adderall, shower, drive to work, repeat.

It's good money but I plan to retire as soon as I can. I can handle this if it's only until 35 or 40. The sleep debt eventually catches up with you though. I've had two accidents from falling asleep at the wheel.
>>
>>36598591
Are you a nurse, physician?
>>
>>36598957

Nurse. I regret not going physician route sometimes but it's just 3 years and $20k to get where I am now. If I were MD/DO I'd feel obligated to get my money and times worth despite hating the wagecuck life. Before I thought doctors were something special but now I realize any clown can become one after having to save a patient from them on multiple occasions. They just walk in and change drugs or fuck with the machines like a kid in a toystore. If you need convincing visit an ER and watch a bunch of residents try to run a code.

As shit as it is I wouldn't want to work anywhere else though. Everyone is a cynical asshole who drinks themself to sleep and gets their laughs sharing war stories. It's understood that something is wrong with you if you are in healthcare so the pressure to play normalfag is not present. Wiping asses and watching people die every day really put's things in perspective.
>>
I have 8am classes every semester in college and some nights I get pretty wicked insomnia. When my alarm goes off at 7 Im just extremely tired and unhappy until around 2 or 3. My rage at my life probably helps roll me out of bed and the fact that I'm 50k in the shitter from loans
>>
>>36598420

I have no problem getting to sleep but I always end up sleeping in. I set an alarm and then hit snooze for like 3 hours.

That feeling of waking up and being able to go back to sleep is just amazing
>>
>coworkers arrive 30 minutes or half an hour early tired, piss around in the break room bullshitting drinking coffee and trying to wake up
>I arrive and clock in at the last possible second before being considered late, and get right to work, not tired

fucking normies I'm not getting paid to sit around and bullshit with you while I drink "muh coffee"
>>
>>36600000
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
QUINTSCHECKEM
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 500x488px
>>36598420
Possible. In high school my teacher woke up at 4am to go running in the morning, then taught as a teacher, would teach as a professor twice a week at night, then sleep and do it again. Oh and he's the coach of the track team some years. He's always positive and I have zero clue how he has time for all of that. He's not even a Chad, just a polite thin manlet.

After I graduated high school I actually had him as a professor again so that was nice.
>>
>>36599347
I just got out of the hospital after being in for a week for a bad asthma attack that kept coming back. I saw my doctor about once a day if that. My nurses were the best. It made me reeeeee at the the popular thought that people should be entitled to healthcare. I was moved 3 times before I got a room and everytime I'd look at nurses shuffling around like zombies. 2 of them had been there for 13+ hours. I honestly don't know how you all do it even with adderall.
>>
>>36598420
I work at 6 every morning. I don't have a bedtime set I just pass out at random times before 10pm usually.
>>
>or is everyone lying about how tired they are and relies on drugs to fall asleep

I don't lie about this. I'm outspoken that I take melatonin, DPH, or drink alcohol to help me sleep every night. It's a bad route to go but hey if I didn't I would be up until 4am every night. I would recommend it for bad insominacs like myself. If you have any questions let me know
>>
>>36600431

These kinds of stories are another good thing about it. Sure you get difficult patients, but others you really feel a connection with. I guess it's not quite right and I make every effort to give all in my care equal treatment, but starting out I took a lot of work home with me. Psych was not a good fit for me. Somehow it's easier to clean up the person who was stabbed than talk with the suicidal man in chronic pain, addicted to dope, and paying child support to his wife who buys designer shit and calls him on the phone or sends pictures of herself while fucking another man. There's some people you just never forget.

I think the reason so many of us turn cold is because you have to. You'll have the coolest little old lady, college kid, middle schooler, etc., and then just when you think they're going to pull through you find they died on the next shift. It's really touching to get a letter from a patient saying that you were they're favorite, made a difference, all that kind of stuff though.

It's a balancing act really. People go through unimaginable shit and come out clean, others die from fucking nothing, and some would probably rather die but can't. Lot's of conflicting thoughts and emotions.
>>
Anon, ready about Delayed Sleep Phase Disorder, you may have an offset or non-24 hour clock.

>The disorder affects the timing of sleep, peak period of alertness, the core body temperature rhythm, and hormonal and other daily cycles. People with DSPD generally fall asleep some hours after midnight and have difficulty waking up in the morning.[1] People with DSPD probably have a circadian period significantly longer than 24 hours.[2] Depending on the severity, the symptoms can be managed to a greater or lesser degree, but no cure is known.

>Affected people often report that while they do not get to sleep until the early morning, they do fall asleep around the same time every day. Unless they have another sleep disorder such as sleep apnea in addition to DSPD, patients can sleep well and have a normal need for sleep. However, they find it very difficult to wake up in time for a typical school or work day. If they are allowed to follow their own schedules, e.g. sleeping from 3:00 am to 12:00 noon, their sleep is improved and they may not experience excessive daytime sleepiness.[3] Attempting to force oneself onto daytime society's schedule with DSPD has been compared to constantly living with jet lag; DSPD has, in fact, been referred to as "social jet lag".[4]
>>
>>36599347

Have you ever wiped someone's ass who died Midway through?
>>
>>36601251
why do we have to make everything a disorder? people naturally sleep at different times, nothing pathological about that.
>>
>>36601290

Because we define disorder as something that interferes with your ability to function in society, and for some reason most of society thinks you need to wake up early.

Kind of like how ADHD is a disorder but if you were just gathering berries and sitting around all day like a paleohuman it probably wouldn't even fucking matter.
>>
>>36601349
>Because we define disorder as something that interferes with your ability to function in society
well youre right but we still set the boundaries as to when that interference is problematic, hence why there are anomalies (for lack of a better word, more like variances) that arent disorders. maybe we as a society should ease a bit in that regard.
>>
>>36598420
Melatonin

It helps me sleep
>>
I have chronic fucking insomnia. But I am working now. I go to sleep at midnight. When the alarm comes on at 7 I wake up. I don't necessarily get out of bed at this time. I might dick around on my phone for thirty minutes. I might close my eyes for a little while longer while I fall asleep. This is why I choose this time. I don't have to leave the house until 9.

Once I get out of bed I fire up the keurig, drink my coffee, shower, then spend my excess time waiting for my sister to pick me up doing shit on my phone. Usually I don't eat breakfast.

I don't think 7 hours is enough sleep. I prefer getting in 12. But I am the type of person who will squeeze every minute out of every day. I can stay up until 5 doing shit. Can't now because of the job but that's what I did when I lived as a neet.

Sometimes I can't sleep because of the thoughts running through my head and I have to fap in order to get tired enough to sleep.
>>
I'm a neet and I wake up at 5:30 am.
>>
>>36601488

There's as much evidence that oral supplementation with melatonin helps you sleep as there is evidence that it interacts with your androgen-testosterine axis and promotes male breast growth
>>
if you can get yourself sleeping before 12 am you should be able to wake up early too
>>
>>36598420
Look up sleep hygiene

Your internal timer is fucked because you're staring at bright screens that include blue light after 9pm
>>
Do not drink coffee or caffeine after 6. Ive been going to bed at 1 am and getting up at 10 am. Used to go to bed at 5 am and get up at 1 pm. All i had to do was cut down on my coffee.
>>
>>36598420
>Dude just don't talk to me, don't talk to me until I've had my coffee dude
>>
>>36601604
I process caffeine slowly and have to stop at 3pm.

Also OP, make sure you get outside in the middle of the day in get some sunlight.
>>
>>36601265

I haven't experienced that yet, but my first time seeing a dead person was related to it. I lived way out innawoods as a child and my neighbors wife was freaking out. I went in and her husband had been dragged out of the bathroom into the hall with his pants around his ankle. Apparently he went into cardiac arrest while taking a shit. Scary stuff but it's a thing. I didn't know what else to do so I told her to call 911 and pulled his pants up and stayed until EMS arrived.

Some nurses are lazy shits and make the aides do all the dirty work, but if I'm already there I'll do it or at least help them. It doesn't seem fair that some of us are making 4x as much just pushing pills and shopping on our phones.
>>
Just go to sleep earlier. I go to sleep 7pm, I wake up at 7am. Easy.
>>
>>36600392
He's obviously doing coke
>>
>>36601488
Me too. I have been doubling with Benadryl for some pretty good results. I am almost confident enough in my schedule stability to apply for jobs now.
>>
>>36601826
Not as easy when you have loud roommates and family members who stay up late like douches.
>>
>>36601826
Holy shit that's 12 hours. I sleep from 11 to 6. I have this alarm that gradually brightens and I find it helps a lot.
>>
>>36600000
>>36600274
>gets quints
unchecked by most people
>>
>>36601826
>Just go to sleep earlier.
>just
Fucking normie logic, can you please show me where that magic button is that will allow me to simply fall asleep when I choose to.

Also that is way too early and way too much sleep. 11-7 is ideal and functional, give or take an hour.
>>
As a faux-normie, it's what someone said way up above: doing activities, particularly exercise, will tire you out by the end of the day. After a day of college classes, doing errands, cooking a meal, and hitting a gym, I'm usually at or above 10k steps on the dumb Fitbit watches, and boy am I tired. Sometimes, I'll overdo it in the gym cause time flies by when you enjoy experimenting with different exercises/machines/weights and I would've worked 90-120 mins out. I get home, shower, and instantly pass out at 6pm and wake up at 3-4am. So I don't even make it to 10pm.

And yeah, I've been on the other end. Total NEET, no classes, no going out, no gym, and I'll be playing vidya for like 18 hours, into the dusk hours and still not be sleepy. The fact anons, is that you most likely don't have a 'disorder', it's just that NEET life is very sedentary and nothing you do ever makes your body 'crave' sleep to recharge for the next day.
>>
>>36602839

By that logic type two diabetics don't have a disorder either. Another thing, NEET life is anything but sedentary. You must be confused.
>>
>>36602054

I can function on 6-7 but it's not enough for a full charge. 11 sounds like a bit much but 9 is a good amount. It's rare that I log that much though, typically I get about 6. I don't know what it is but 0500 comes around and I am wide awake no matter how late I am getting into bed.
>>
>>36598420
I didn't work a job long term until I got sleeping pills and now I've been using them for 5 years. Before I would just close my eyes for 5 hours a night and call it sleep.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.