[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are college graduates becoming dumber and dumber?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: iqcollege.png (23KB, 744x305px) Image search: [Google]
iqcollege.png
23KB, 744x305px
Why are college graduates becoming dumber and dumber?
>>
>>36598250

Because there letting in more and more women.
>>
>>36598250
diversity

org
>>
>>36598250
inflation
disappearance of on-site training
degree is mandatory so you're not auto-rejected by a machine
humans are becoming quantity not quality
affirmative action

all this brings unwanted people to campus grounds
the world is a bigger meat grinder than it ever was and it only gets better
>>
>>36598250

Inflation
Diversity/equal opportunity programmes (letting blacks into top unis over whites with better grades)
Worthless degrees for idiots to feel smart
>>
File: iqcollege.png (17KB, 413x270px) Image search: [Google]
iqcollege.png
17KB, 413x270px
>>36598298

>diversity

>>36598433

>Diversity/equal opportunity programmes (letting blacks into top unis over whites with better grades)

>>36598368

>affirmative action

No, even if you restrict the sample to just white college graduates, you'll notice the same trend. College graduates are getting dumber and dumber. Colleges is a business and they're letting in any drooling retard off the street so that the college can keep it's cash cow going.

Colleges are going to have to admit more and more retards over the coming decades if they want to remain solvent. This will destroy their credibility as places of higher learning.
>>
Have been to an ivy league school lately? They don't even care about your GPA anymore, just say you're black or Mexican and your in
>>
>>36598368
This. The coming decades are going to be so fucking bad.
>>
>>36598250
Way back when colleges were seen as places where you had a privilege, not a right, to attend. If you had a college degree 9 times out of 10 that honestly meant something, that you alongside all the skilled workers, farmers, and what have you were helping the country you were in stay afloat. Now you have an insane amount of people who shouldn't be there attending them, and now the people are becoming dumber and dumber because of it. Unless if you're a Harvard or Yale or whatever graduate your degree is quite literally just a glorified piece of paper at this point, and unless if you're choosing a degree in demand (as in not something abysmally retarded like gender studies or some other bullshit) you're wasting your time and money and fucking yourself into debt forever. And don't even get me fucking started on shit like affirmative action. Colleges everywhere are no longer about getting the best and the brightest in, they'll let any godforsaken piece of shit with a convincing sob story inside. Meanwhile (in America at least) many of the jobs are in skilled trades but no one goes there because they have their heads in their asses and can't imagine actually doing something worthwhile for once. The coming generations truly are fucked unless something big happens, its painful to watch really.
>>
>>36598250
>Why are college graduates becoming dumber and dumber?

Grade inflation.

The students are the ones paying the money, so if they want grade inflation, then they get it -- because the customer is always right.

With grade inflation, stupider people can pass the courses and graduate, which lowers the average IQ of the graduates.
>>
>>36598250
Letting more people in will do that.
>>
File: 1491355364929.jpg (20KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
1491355364929.jpg
20KB, 384x288px
>>36598281

>Because there letting in more and more women.

>there
>>
Because they're all taught by liberals who failed at whatever they were doing and came back to teach
>>
File: Ahmed.png (679KB, 905x940px) Image search: [Google]
Ahmed.png
679KB, 905x940px
>>36599493
lol this

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-accepted-stanford-after-writing-blacklivesmatter-100-times-application-n742586
>>
File: 1493304581752.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1493304581752.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>start accountant job on monday
>feel that my masters degree has done absolutely nothing to prepare me for what im doing (being an excel jockey)
>>
>>36599721
>needing a masters degree for what is literally just counting and crunching numbers
You're just fucking with me, right?
>>
>>36599740
accounting is pretty complex and broad
>>
>>36599740
I'm not sure you actually know what accountants do, friendo.
Here's your (You) anyway.
>>
>>36599740
>just counting and crunching numbers

fuck off if you don't know what you're talking about

accounting is way more about laws than it is about numbers
>>
>>36599620
trolling is a art etc.
>>
>>36599740
You basically need a master's degree in accounting to write the CPA exams.
>>
>>36598250
you should post this thread on /pol/

i bet they'd love this thread on /pol/
>>
If it's true, it's probably because an exponential amount of growth in the number of people going to college over the decades you mentioned. Rather than an exclusive and rare career path, it's become the norm to go to college. More people will average out the numbers further.

But IQ tests are subjective garbage so this OP image is kind of irrelevant
>>
>>36599671
Right, tweet posted on April 1st, hmmm wonder what is special about that date. Really we are just getting stupider as a species, r9k is case in point.
>>
>>36598250
IQ is normalized to the population, so it's pretty clear that everyone is getting smarter. College graduates just aren't "as smarter" than non-graduates as they used to be.
>>
>>36599450
But anon that still includes the females
>>
>>36598250

IQ of college students is getting closer to average because a larger percentage of people are going to college. Plus this looks like bullshit. There are many 130+ IQ grads, so it would have to be balanced by 70- IQ grads. Something tells me people with 65 IQ are not graduating let alone attending college.
>>
>>36599937
>you should post this thread on /pol/ i bet they'd love this thread on /pol/

I posted the OP's thread on /pol/

>>>/pol/123092090
>>
That implies college graduates have less than 100 IQ in the current year
>tfw to intelligent for college
>>
>>36600039
can confirm this was real
>>
>>36600116
clearly you've never been in the united states of america

hint hint: african americans average around 85, pure africans below 80
>>
>>36600416
>a fucking leaf
originally
>>
>>36600116
>Something tells me people with 65 IQ are not graduating let alone attending college.

Athletic scholarships are a thing

"As a graduate student at UNC-Greensboro, Willingham researched the reading levels of 183 UNC-Chapel Hill athletes from 2004 to 2012. She found that 60% read between fourth- and eighth-grade levels. Between 8% and 10% read below a third-grade level."
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.