[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad died late last year. We were estranged, hadn't talked

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (386KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
386KB, 1080x1440px
My dad died late last year. We were estranged, hadn't talked in more than 10 years, but I'm the next of kin. He was estranged from almost the whole family. We had a simple service, and I told his parents I was having the ashes scattered at sea, a service provided with the cremation.

But he hated water, he hated the beach, he had no fondness for natural scenic beauty. The only place I know he liked was Las Vegas. So I will be heading out there to dispose of him, by myself.

So there is the Welcome to Vegas sign, the Bellagio fountains, I figured I would pick out a rooftop bar somewhere. Any tips?
I kind of just want to talk about it. Being in Vegas alone will be weird, but I remember in my youth I found solo travel to be refreshing.
>>
>>36585814
i'm not sober/put together enough to talk about something like this, but i wish you the best dude
>>
>>36585814
>Being in Vegas alone will be weird

It's not
>>
File: image.jpg (527KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
527KB, 1600x1200px
>>36585849
Thanks man. I got some rum in me also.
I don't feel a whole lot about it. I got the emotions I didn't know I had out at the service... I think it was more nervousness.
My little brother, who wasn't even as close with my dad as I was, and has conflicted feelings, was informed of this by our mother, who has a big stupid fucking mouth. He asked me if I was going to "say anythign" like I would talked to a bunch of dust.
I planned to write the full eulogy I should have spoke at his funeral, and then burn it, or pitch it in the water, but I just kind of said I didn't know.
>>36585879
How do you mean?
>>
Are there any strip clubs with fountains?
>>
>>36585814

If he hated water, why not out in the desert somewhere, where you can see the city lights in the distance?
>>
>>36585954
me >>36585954 again. just try to say something when you release the ashes. at the very least it might be cathartic for you.
>>
Chuck that shit into the fountain outside the Bellagio during a primetime show

for those who haven't been, it's that fountain show after the heist in Oceans Eleven
>>
>>36586558
meant me as in >>36585849
>>
My dad is old and he loves vegas, I live in the suburb outside of Las Vegas.
My dad loves red rock Canyon. It's near Vegas.
Or the lonliest highway.
If you have a car it's not all too far from the Las Vegas strip.

I dunno how I will feel if my dad dies.
He's pretty mad at me at times.
>>
>>36585814
I wish you the best of luck. Losing a family member is a really bad experience but I hope that you can resist the pain caused by his loss.
>>
>>36586550
Yeah,not hats why I was thinking the Welcome sign, the fountains just seem like kind of an iconic place. I had considered driving out to red rock.
>>36586615
Do you think the crowd would make it more or less likely I'd be spotted?
>>36586687
Which one is the loneliest highway?
>>36586721
I mourned him a long, long time ago. Now it's more like recognizing the empty space he left.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.