[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy Adventures

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 12

File: 1467471617054.jpg (16KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1467471617054.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
>Go to therapist again for the first time in years
>"So, what about your friends? You must have some!"

Still as normie as I remember.

Are they always like this?
>>
>>36568630
>Are successful professionals normies?
Yes.
>>
File: 1484724832084.png (187KB, 573x495px) Image search: [Google]
1484724832084.png
187KB, 573x495px
>>36568630

>go see therapist
>she makes me start by doing an MBTI test
>>
File: illumicati.jpg (186KB, 600x443px) Image search: [Google]
illumicati.jpg
186KB, 600x443px
>>36568630
> friends? You must have some!

i call shenanigans

therapists are trained not to impose their framework on clients, and such a rudimentary mistake in an intorductory session is a worse failing than my mispelling of introductory
>>
File: IMG_2720.jpg (64KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2720.jpg
64KB, 645x773px
>>36568630
The last time that i spoke with my psychologist was over the phone, maybe 8 months ago
>"I don't see the point in trying to fit in, nothing will ever change unless i get the surgeries that i need"
>"well anon, you need to realize that you look fine, and that people will like you for you as long as you just be yourself. You need to start building confidence and changing how you view yourself"
>"ok I'll try"
I hung up shortly thereafter. We scheduled another phone appointment but i cancelled and haven't spoken to a psychologist since. They always feed you the same bullshit about how it's "all in your head" even though it often isn't. They make you think that they care about you, when in reality they just see you as a source of income. If my doctors actually cared about me they would pool money together to help me get face surgery. They obviously make enough money to do it
>>
>>36571608
Y du u ned face surgery
>>
>>36571187
>therapists are trained not to impose their framework on clients, and such a rudimentary mistake in an intorductory session is a worse failing than my mispelling of introductory

Therapists are just as ego driven as many people and often make up their own methods because surely they're the ones who have it right.
>>
Therapists and psychiatrists/ologists are the ones that made me realize society doesn't give a single fuck about mental illness. 100+ and hour is just spitting in the face of mental poorfags. I've been hard pressed to find many if any people that are willing to provide services pro bono, you'd think there'd be more since all they do is fucking talk to you when not peddling prescriptions
>>
File: IMG_4240.png (36KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4240.png
36KB, 200x200px
>>36571665
I'm a facelet. Recessed jaws/chin, big crooked nose, big ears. My ugliness is what causes my severe depression, which in turn puts me in therapy
>>
>>36571851
You're probably a 4/10. Fag.
>>
File: IMG_0819.jpg (89KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0819.jpg
89KB, 852x480px
>>36571851
I don't think that wojak does you justice. Pic related seems like it's a better representation based on your description
>>
>family forces me see therapist
>threaten me to go along with it
>"I can't help you if you keep smoking marijuana"
>fine whatever
>two months of shitty normie advice
>"eat a healthy breakfast without watching TV or your phone :^)"
>"go out and talk to three people :^)"
>literally "just b urself :^)"
>nothing works
>he eventually gives up
>talks to my parents
>"while we didn't reach all the goals, we did reach the most important one: Anon is no longer addicted to drugs :^)"

The last I heard, my mom gave him a glowing review to one of her friends.
>>
File: 1483850375342.jpg (151KB, 600x453px) Image search: [Google]
1483850375342.jpg
151KB, 600x453px
>>36571851
You must not look 'fine', unlike what your therapist said. However, they are right not to pool money together for a transformation, because you have another option.

Embrace ugliness, and throw away your humanity for something greater; heavy lifting. Go to /fit/'s sticky and be a mad man, or squander your genetic legacy and be nothing.

Look up Mike Mew on YT for proper jaw/neck posture. Start chewing gum, especially tough gum, for chin gains. Obviously, lose weight if you are too fat.
>>
>>36568630
If people had good friends, then that probably wouldn't be going to the therapist in the first place.
>>
>>36568630

regular checkup

now that i am "independent" (have car, buy my own food, have enough to get started if i get kecked out) i finally decide to try to talk about my suicidal thoughts, brain fog, and lonliness.

first thing the doctor tried to do was to put me on pills, and said if i am going to do it, i am going to do it.( which i don't disagree with)

i couldn't even get him to consider having me cruise on a cycle of test.

i might still go to consoling just to talk to someone, i feel like i am wasting away.
>>
>>36571871
>thinking 4/10 isn't still suicide tier
I'm closer to a 1, maybe a 2 because i have blue eyes
>>
therapy is the ultimate Normie-tier profession, they literally get paid 100+ an HOUR for
>"You just have to be yourself, Anon"
>"Most men like yourself find success in their life"
>"Just try to talk to people"
That's it. These fucking "experts" don't do jack shit to help you, they do everything they can to give you vague advice while robbing you blind. My cousin is a therapist, you wouldn't believe the kind of shit he talks about his clients.
>"I have this one patient who can't even LOOK at a woman"
>"This other guy hasn't left his house in 2 years. What a fucking loser"
fuck Normies are cruel and sadistic.
>>
>>36571979
Thanks, much better than that wojak. Will save for later use
>>
>>36571187
what the fuck are you still doing on this board
>>
File: 1489297172196.jpg (25KB, 417x373px) Image search: [Google]
1489297172196.jpg
25KB, 417x373px
>talk about being loner
>tells me to socialize and make friends

Why the fuck do you think im here?
>>
>>36572121
>i couldn't even get him to consider having me cruise on a cycle of test.
They only do that if you're below the 'low' threshold that they consider, even if it's much lower than the average but not low enough to be...'low'.

Consume zinc, consider garlic and vitamin C, vitamin D, and lifting. Aggression and (though it sounds meme-y) power-posing can help too. Also, be careful about frequent ejaculation, as that causes drops in testosterone, as well as losses in zinc (which are important for testosterone gain).

Add more cholesterol and fats to your diet. Those are some of the main building blocks of testosterone production. I'd argue cholesterol, zinc, and fat are the most important parts of building testosterone.

Things like that can help boost your testosterone.

>>36572199
I already told you to go to /fit/. Stop posting here until you read the sticky, or you are wasting your potential.
>>
>>36568630
>Seeing the memethist

The only thing you'll discover is that no one cares about you. Not even your therapist. Ultimately you'll have to learn to cope with your thoughts and emotions yourself.
>>
>>36572304
the thing is he wouldn't even test me

low energy, fatigue (it takes me at least 20 minutes to recover from one set of 5 at 225 squats) stubborn body fat on thighs and glutes, and serious brain fog and fatigue. and doc thinks prozac will fix all of that. If i have to take anything, i want to take something that will help me in all aspects of life,

but he is a doctor, and i am just barely not a neet
>>
File: wadidoo.jpg (502KB, 1086x768px) Image search: [Google]
wadidoo.jpg
502KB, 1086x768px
>>36572245
getn (You)s
>>
>My therapist cared about me so much that she used to abuse me mentally and physically
>Literally went from "Therapist" to "The rapist"
>>
File: 1493169951085.jpg (366KB, 841x819px) Image search: [Google]
1493169951085.jpg
366KB, 841x819px
>>36572418
>psychotherapist
you don't call em PSYCHO the RAPISTS for nothing, Anon!
>>
>go to therapist
>tell her about how I've been puking from migraines all day yesterday
>"That's horrible Anon. Maybe some fresh air would help though?"
>>
>>36572304
Masturbation causes no loss in testosterone. It's a meme. Zinc has zero correlation with testosterone. Stop meming you stupid fuck
>>
therapists are best consumed with another person there to help keep the conversation centered around what really matters. Therapists are actually trained to zone out when their clients start rambling so they can remain objective. The minutia of the conversations dont matter. The only thing they write down on that pad is something along the lines of 'narcissism' when you 'oh woe is me' for 20 minutes.
>>
>>36572536
>my brother shot himself, my mother told me I was a failure my entire life, I was abused and emotionally stunted
>some bitch writes I'm narcissistic on their pads
I fucking hate normies.
>>
File: 1439229884743.jpg (35KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1439229884743.jpg
35KB, 600x450px
>>36572388
Actually, anti-depressants can cause problems with testosterone, and even give you erectile dysfunction.

>but he is a doctor, and i am just barely not a neet

I'm not a doctor, but I have a history with powerlifting, and have recently started on my own custom supplement stack that I did my own research and observations on. Increase cholesterol/fat/zinc intake.

>>36572512
That was my fault. To clarify, I meant to say that abstinence results in a slowly rising spike for about 5 days or so, and that ejaculation drops it back down towards baseline. Though...

>Zinc has zero correlation with testosterone

Say that to my rock-hard cock.
>>
>>36572588
so what do you think i should do about my current situation?, am a powerlifter myself but i damaged my pec by being a fucking retard.

i plateaued at 270 bench and wanted to hit 300 by summer, and decided it would
be a good idea to bench heavy 2 days a week and light one day.
>>
>>36572063
Ignore this retard
>>
>tfw all i can think about is my therapist
>i want her so much and nothing will ever happen

please just kill me
>>
>>36568630
the fact that you replaced real friends with virtual ones doesn't make you less normie.
>inb4 i'm different.
>>
File: 1492520051165.jpg (39KB, 343x481px) Image search: [Google]
1492520051165.jpg
39KB, 343x481px
>>36568630
They don't say that anon, if they want to find out about your social life, they have a dozen ways to do so indirectly (i.e. hobbies, how you spend free time, your weekend-day-last evening, etc). I'm socially retarded and I already thought of 3 ways. Plus, they are very careful with making assumptions, but again I visited my last therapist for escapism/inaction/avoidance and not for sensitive feelings, at least not directly.

You must have lied or visited a shit therapist anon. Sorry.
>>
>>36572707
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally/
>inb4 AoM
It's got good notes.

>Benching
I can't comment on bench to be honest, because I was absolute shit at upper body. My squat was about double my bench, for reference.
What routine are you on? I lifted with a modifed SL routine every day, without rest for 5lb up for months until I changed my routine to Texas Method. I had health complications (and still do), so I stopped, but I will be going back soon. Have you posted in the /plg/? Might be best to get advice there.

>>36572715
>Ignore this retard [who is the only one who gave advice!]

Give advice yourself, then. Otherwise, you're no better than me. Everything I've said can boost testosterone production, increase blood flow through production of NO, and give you rock-solid boners.
>>
>>36573458

i guess i also do a modified version of sl

i would hit 5 by 5 on bench squat and deadlift at least 2 or 3 times a week (not all in the same workout) with accessories sometimes thrown in. every since my pec injury i just swim alot, it feels really good to decompress my spine, and i need to cut for summer anyway. Also swimming is also light resitance training so it is better than running for preserving gains

thanks for the link brother, best of luck to you
>>
>>36573747
>thanks for the link brother, best of luck to you

Likewise (and thank you!). Always remember, you can lift strong, but if you don't pay attention to nutrition and eat big, you won't get big. I think a lot of lifters forget that sometimes, even if it's such a basic thing.

Good luck to you too, brother.
>>
>>36568630
I thought this is well-known... but you know that lifting won't magically make you non-autistic, right?

Are you gonna deadlift your conversation skills and empathy across the room in a social interaction?
>>
>>36571187
True in theory, but practically incorrect. They've been getting better though. In my 20 years since starting with my first therapist of many, questions have gone from
>what about your friends
To
>do you have a group of friends you could spend more time with?

I'm sure in less developed areas that have fewer lawyers constantly looking out for ethics violations to exploit, these occurrences are more common
>>
>>36572306
That sounds like it could be a really big help. I'd love to understand (beyond the purely intellectual level) that having a gf won't fix anything about me.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.