[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tell friend about mental illness >starts asking condescending

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Egg_sandwich.jpg (340KB, 1143x788px) Image search: [Google]
Egg_sandwich.jpg
340KB, 1143x788px
>tell friend about mental illness
>starts asking condescending questions
why does no one ever just listen?
>>
>friend says "okay, I understand"
>friend makes accommodations when possible
>friend doesn't ask questions, just lets it be
>friend just accepts me as I am, even though I have illness

Well, I mean, a robot can dream, anyways.
>>
>Tell friends about mental illness
>They ask what's wrong, etc, try to understand but don't care too much
>I wind up hospitalized
>"Anon, what happened?? You never said it was this serious we thought you were joking!"
>I literally told these people I was suicidal
??
>>
>>36541115
>friend bothers to listen and care
>friend is there when you want to shed a tear in the world that expects you to be made of metal and stone

A cyborg can dream
>>
I can never tell anyone.

Not a soul must know, if I can't adapt on my own then I should burn up, better than to let others in and try to impose themselves.
>>
>>36541177
This.

Was thinking of using the term cyborg on here, not quite a full robot but definitely not a normie, definitely autistic and alienated.
>>
>>36541048
>tell friend that i'm lonely
>"that's because you're mentally ill. seek help for depression."
>friend walks away and never talks to me again

Mental illness doesn't just come out of nowhere, you know. No one chooses to be mentally ill. It's a consequence of your environment.

That's why I emphasize with people who snap and go on rampages.
>>
Tell people you have a mental illness only if

-You already have it sorted out, i.e. taking pills, going to psychological treatment
-You need help and you're going to ask your friend specifically for help, i.e. it's dangerous and you think you a danger to yourself or to others

Any other circumstance is just going to make them feel bad about you and drift away
>>
Telling some guy I have depression.
>"I've been there mate, I've been there, I know what it's like. You're a young man mate, you have your whole life in front of you. You should exercise, oh and are you going to the bar? Mine's a pint of Stella and a packet of salted peanuts. Champion mate."
>>
Told my own sweet mother about these issues. She ignored them and was surprised when I tried to kill myself.

pro-tip: nobody actually cares, not even the people who are are supposed to give a shit about you. You're on your own.
>>
>>36541404
Good lord this is so deliciously aulstralian
>>
>try to kill myself
>tell friends several weeks later
>friends tell me to get help
>refuse to get help for various reasons
>friends encourage me more to see someone
>finally see counsellor lady at school
> getting better feelsgoodman.jpeg
>counsellor goes on maternity leave
>stop seeing anyone coz i think im better
>best friend tries to kill himself and is hospitalised for a month or so
>start to blame myself for being a shitty ass friend
>incredibly lonely at school
>sink into depression again
>get real help from a proper physc
>finally get life back on track
8 months on I'm no longer seeing a pyshc and i know how to deal with my problems healthily, and have had an objectively attractive and genuinely funny gf that excepts me for who i am.I know its terrifying as fuck lads but go see a doctor and talk to them and eventually it will get better
>>
>>36541433
The friend that I told cares but suddenly lost ability to communicate normally with me. Such is life.
>>
>>36541916
i dont want to be put in hospital but i really need help

what do
>>
>>36541433
>pro-tip: nobody actually cares, not even the people who are are supposed to give a shit about you. You're on your own.

This, so much. It's natural for people to drift away from the mentally ill.
>>
File: IMG_20170426_011955.jpg (8KB, 232x133px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170426_011955.jpg
8KB, 232x133px
>can't find the motivation to book an appointment
>>
>>36542394
>Being such an undeciplined human being that you need motivation to perform the simplest of tasks.

Just get your shit together anon, you know its worth it.
>>
>>36542668
Is it though? They are going to tell me what i already know.
>"Anon, you're depressed"
>"Wow thanks doc i didn't realise"
>>
>>36542668
the best house and car and job in the world won't make him happy, he'll still be a sperg all by himself, any roasties that want him will just want him for his money
>>
File: Jack.jpg (29KB, 265x400px) Image search: [Google]
Jack.jpg
29KB, 265x400px
>>36541048
>inte svennes kaviar
topp plebej
>>
>>36542394
I'm in that same boat.
>>
File: 1489235053467.png (332KB, 480x388px) Image search: [Google]
1489235053467.png
332KB, 480x388px
>why do you look so sad anon
>nah, im not, just thinking to myself

I really wish I could talk to someone but nothing ever comes out the way I want it
>>
>>36541376
Oh my god it's empathise you retard, kill yourself

I'm kidding, sorry

Yeah, I never really thought it was a thing OP.

>see best friend started cutting himself
>"I want to die, anon"
>advise him on safe self harm (don't do it myself), and be there for him to talk to, but otherwise we just chill out
>everyone else he told (mother, his other best friend) freaked the fuck out, cloying and patronising
>tells me I was the only friend to make him still feel normal, and what kept him going

fast forward a bit, I've started a course in another country, running out of money and deadlines building

>stressing the fuck out
>binge eating on food that I can't afford
>message him that i'm sick of my lack of self control and I'm going to make myself throw up
>I mean we've been through a lot together, and we're really open so I don't even give a second thought to if he'll be accepting
>"Don't do that anon. I'm so disappointed in you"
>I'm talking about why
>"anon I don't want to talk to you right now" and goes offline
>I'm dumbstruck that he's the only person I reached out to and got a complete rejection, to be left on my own to deal with it
>contact him later asking if he's over it (passive aggressive AF I know)
>"yeah I guess, but don't talk to me about that stuff again"

I mean, I can't wrap my head around it. I always thought of myself as lower than average on the empathy scale, and I understand that people who don't know you well wouldn't care about your well-being (I know I don't).
But to reject somebody who's put trust in and is reaching out to you, and ONLY you in a moment of weakness is fucking. Man I can't understand it.
>>
>didn't tell any friends about mental illness
>Smoke weed at a party
>Triggers black out panic attack(smoked many times before, this was just unlucky), only remember parts of the episode, like when I started screaming that I was gonna call 911
>friend is very nice, even drives me home and comforts me
>Explain my mental illness to him and a few other friends, they act like they understand but I don't think they do
>Feel like people think I am mentally unstable/weak
>Every time I see my friend who was there or anyone else at that party I feel ashamed
>Stopped going out that much after episode, don't even hang out with friends who knew nothing about it
>Retreat back into my robot ways, get heavily into wizchan, spiral continually downward
>My charisma, confidence, social circles are all pretty much gone
>It's all my fault
Still havent an heroed though, not yet. I am getting a job, so I won't be a neet, and I will have money to sedate myself with weed and alcohol, maybe even fuck a whore. Still have a lot of wretched horrible living to do.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.