[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here had to get off SSRI before? I need some advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: pill_bottle_and_pills1.jpg (409KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
pill_bottle_and_pills1.jpg
409KB, 849x565px
Has anyone here had to get off SSRI before? I need some advice on how to get off genetic Lexapro and what wthdrawrl I should expect...

I have been on Lexapro over 2 years.

The past 7 months or so I've only been taking 5mg. I'm scared, guys.

Also, the generic Lexapro never helped but I kept holding hope it would... I'm an idiot, and now I'm too afraid to get off!
>>
>>36540926
5mg is basically nothing, you can quit it any time. I've quit from 10mg before, which is the smallest commercially available dose with no real side effects.
>>
File: 1491787928413.jpg (194KB, 650x813px) Image search: [Google]
1491787928413.jpg
194KB, 650x813px
>>36540926
>the medicine has had no effect on me
>now im scared to lose the effects

???
>>
>>36540981
I am just really worried about withdrawal symptoms. What if I never get off these pills.
>>
>>36540959
That is good news. I'm less worried...
I assume I still need to ween myself. I mean I've been on it for fucking years... Out of fear. I hate anxiety, it makes it so hard to commit to anything. >>36540959
>>
>>36541009
I've gotten off it a few times, you get irritable and weird "brain zaps" for a few weeks, but it's not life-altering. Just taper down slowly
>>
File: 1483424360374.jpg (55KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483424360374.jpg
55KB, 720x720px
escitalopram is supposed pretty much the same as citalopram so i'll chime in.
For me, the hardest part was getting down to the lowest doses where you can't reliably give yourself the same dose every day. Pretty much withdrawal symptoms every day even though you're still taking them.
They aren't that bad though, mostly brain zaps and feeling shitty. If you don't have to deal with too many people you'll be fine. Otherwise, you'll just be perpertually pissed off for a few months.
>>
When I got off SSRI my dick stopped working for like a year. Brain mangling at its finest.
>>
>>36540926
I had really fucking bad withdrawal quitting mirtazapine cold turkey. would not recommend
>>
Taper down slowly over a few weeks. Buy a pill cutter from the pharmacy.
>>
>>36540926
Dude 5mg Lexapro is a fake dosage. It's what they put people on who they think are pretending to be depressed for attention. I was on 30mg per day and stopped it cold turkey. Got the brain shocks for a while but they go away after some time. Don't remember how long it took.
>>
I got off of Lexapro, Lithium, and a sleep aid cold turkey almost 14 years ago. I was so sick of taking pills and dealing with their side effects that I tried convincing myself to be a normie without them. Well, here I am all these years later and haven't taken anything since and I'm still alive. I'll probably never be a real normie but I did learn willpower during that transition. The withdrawal was more like a mental test than anything. I just treated it as if I was physically sick... get enough sleep, drink OJ, etc... The entire next year was me trying to control my feelings. Noticing when I was getting angry, convincing myself that I was overreacting and to not spaz out. Noticing when I was getting depressed and just letting myself cry for a night, knowing that everything would be fine in the morning. It was one of the best things I've ever done for myself and Im happier now.
>>
>been on 150mg zoloft for a few years
>shit doesnt work
Gradually go down to 50mg feels better man
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.