[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else here fall for the college meme? >"Oh anon

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 12

File: wojack.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
wojack.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
Anyone else here fall for the college meme?

>"Oh anon you're so smart. Go to college and you'll make so much monies :))))"
>Literally indoctrinated by adults and teachers (who make money off the education scam), throughout my entire life that if I don't get at least a bachelors degree I will be a poorfag and live on the streets
>All the jew universities make us take two years of worthless fucking classes that will never be used in our career field because it "makes us well-rounded workers" and it "helps us think better"
>all while never learning the marketable skills that are taught at two-year colleges and tech schools.

Why the fuck didn't I just go to a 2-year school. I literally could have finished my degree in half the time and spent one-fourth of the money. I hope the higher education bubble pops and the Jewniversities get BTFO.
>>
File: neetcommie55.jpg (1MB, 1417x918px) Image search: [Google]
neetcommie55.jpg
1MB, 1417x918px
>>36530482

>Fall for the college meme

No, sorry. I chose the smart option and became a NEET
>>
File: 1492554942277.jpg (156KB, 746x982px) Image search: [Google]
1492554942277.jpg
156KB, 746x982px
>>36530482
Anyone else here fall for the college meme?
i did as well anon. Though college was free for me because muh high GPA and SAT scores, the place is barely worth investing your time in. It is nothing like I was told it was going to be
>It'll be great
eh...
>you'll learn new things that "help" you as a person
The most amount of learning I get is when i need to look up stuff my professors taught me and see if they are feeding me bs
>you'll meet girls
lol nope
>you'll be more respected by your friends and family
everyone thinks i am some edge lord "intellectual" now. Though mummy and daddy are somewhat proud and give me good boy points

The one thing you can be at least proud of, is if you went to a decent school, so you have name of a institution to back you up for jobs n shiet

For me personally I am thinking of fucking off after I graduate, since I have a comfy job waiting for me at a south african energy company. However, I have seen the outside world and I don't like it. I don't think I can ever live among these normalfags and be happy.
>>
File: 1483057418473.jpg (254KB, 988x688px) Image search: [Google]
1483057418473.jpg
254KB, 988x688px
One thing I like about college is that no one cares if you are autistic since everyone looks at their phones all the time to pay attention to what you're doing. I could never get away with all the retardation I pull in my classes versus when I was in high school
>>
>>36530482
Felt the same way anon. Even worse, I actually tried the first two years, and then realized the whole thing was a scam meme and dint give a shit about the last 2 when I was supposed to learn about my major. The whole thing is a joke, since the books cost only about $2000 throughout all 8 semesters, and the books are the only thing that contains knowledge, but the fucking college costs $200,000. Real fucking waste of societies resources
>>
Seriously, I could learn all of this shit reading wikipedia. The information the professors spit is next to useless. I've been paying the university 20k a year to take exams.
>>
>>36530995
Just face the facts anon, education is meant for the stupid and not the smart. Smart people created education to profit from the stupid
>>
>>36530784
I thought I was the only one who used this.
>>
>>36530482
I did. Want to drop out an go to trade school to actually get a job.
>>
Sounds like you fine gentlemen enlisted for meme degrees.
>>
If its a bachelors degree in anything other than pre-med/dent/vet, nursing or engineering, its a meme degree.
>>
>>36530482
>learning the marketable skills
That you think "what do you want to be when you grow up?" means "how do you want to sell your labor?" really says it all.
>>
>>36530482
Definitely. I went to a 4 yr and worked full time to keep loans low and every good job I apply to barely bats an eye at school history, everybody wants yrs of experience so its NEET bux for me until otherwise
>>
>>36530482
Student here, I fucking regret enrolling every day.

High ACT scores, fuckhigh GPA, yet the gubmit won't give me jackshit since my state is broke and my family makes too much money, but that "too much" doesn't translate to me not having to take out loans.

Wish I would have ignored my parents and enlisted in the Navy like I wanted to. If any seniors are reading this, consider all of your options instead of blindly accepting the college meme.
>>
Yeah I fucking hate college. I literally haven't made a single friend or joined any clubs or anything. Everyone here just disgusts me. It's nothing but chads and stacies fucking each other.

I don't even leave my room anymore except to piss, get food, smoke or go to class
>>
why do you people think literally everyone is out to scam you?
>>
File: 1478045921117.jpg (219KB, 1134x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1478045921117.jpg
219KB, 1134x1001px
>>36531400
>It's nothing but chads and stacies fucking each other.
this so much

you think with all the people around you, even the ugliest girls wouldn't notice your autism and give you a chance to talk to them, but nope
>>
File: 1481911357431.jpg (36KB, 446x367px) Image search: [Google]
1481911357431.jpg
36KB, 446x367px
>>36531445
but college is a scam desu
>>
>>36530482
>Apply to shitty schools
>Get good merit-based and need-based aid
>Do very well in freshman year
>Apply for further scholarships
>Receive full ride
It's nice to be literally paid to go to school.
>>
College is literally a scam. The universities lobby for more and more money and teach a bunch of useless classes without preparing anyone for the real world.
>>
Since im from Brazil it's worth to spend 4 years in colege, you can go to an governmental colege, it's free, high quality, but you need to be smart and you need to study a lot(depends on whats you whant to study) becouse you need to have a test to be selected, and only the great ones can enter.
Depending the area you chosed, can be very profitable.
>>
>>36531519
"General education" classes are such a crock of horse shit. A complete waste of time, they only prepare you to pass their exams without giving you anything useful.
>>
>>36530482
>All the jew universities make us take two years of worthless fucking classes that will never be used
THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

FUCK THEIR RETARDED "ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE" AND "HISTORY OF ROCK AND ROLL" PAY TO PLAY HORSESHIT COURSES

I'M A FUCKING CHEM MAJOR
WHY DID I HAVE WASTE TWO FUCKING YEARS LISTENING TO SNOWFLAKES WHINE IN GROUP DISCUSSIONS

$20,000 FOR LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING BESIDES GETTING TO ACTUAL CHEM COURSES

UNIVERSITY GENOCIDE WHEN
>>
Finance majors are making 100k after graduation for going into trading.
>>
>>36531372
This

The armed forces literally pays you to be there and the g.i. bill will py for school afterwards.

Or, you either get the minimum cost degree (2 years CC, 2 years state school) or get into Harvard (they pay for everything if you make under six figures).

Anything in the middle is a scam.
>>
File: Angry Pepe.jpg (49KB, 418x433px) Image search: [Google]
Angry Pepe.jpg
49KB, 418x433px
>>36530482
>Tfw one of parents main reasons for me to go to college was to meet love interest since that's how they met
>Tfw haven't even made a single friend
>Tfw parents didn't even use their degree for the jobs they're currently in since they lived during the time of easy to find jobs

This actuary shit better work out, otherwise I'm fucking out
>>
>>36530482
I did. Now I'm contemplating taking the truck of tolerance to one of the outdoor areas of my university.
>>
File: 1493000793355.jpg (124KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
1493000793355.jpg
124KB, 1024x577px
>>36530482
When I was in high school I knew that the whole system was nothing but a rigged
Lie.

That's why I fought tooth-and-nail after I graduated with my mom refusing to go to college and not getting them and wasting all my time

Instead I'm 18 years old and I'm putting out invention because owning a business and being Your Own Boss is a better idea been chasing coins as a wage slave.

Even if you spend four years to go get a degree at a job you're still a souped-up wage slave You Got To Be Your Own Boss
>>
>>36531177
Confirming that engineering is a meme now. Engineering firms are tightening up and cutting tons of people to make others work two jobs all while conplaining about "no fresh blood." You need connections now. No one gives a damn about your senior project.
>>36531372
This right here. At least the Officer path is open.
>>36531445
Have you been of age or even alive the past decade or so?
>>
I'm Australian, and I've always been confused about American culture about college degrees.
It seems to be portrayed as if a person doesn't go to college, they'll never be able to get a decent job, and they're basically a failure.

People would go to college and just do whatever degree they could, just so they had a college degree.

It seemed so strange to me because that had never been the case here, but it seems like it's getting that way.
>>
fuck off faggot im a thirdworldbot and practically have no choice.
>>
>>36531445

everyone laugh at the normieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>36532817
That is basically society has become, and it has devalued the college degree by pressuring as many people as possible to go to college, regardless of whether or not college is the best option for that person.
>>
File: 1492623483814.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1492623483814.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
I'm a music major. Biggest mistake I've ever made in my fucking life. I'm going to drop out or kill myself.
>>
File: Dead eyes.png (322KB, 353x622px) Image search: [Google]
Dead eyes.png
322KB, 353x622px
>>36530482
Christ did I fall for the meme. Got fucked. But I learned a lot from the people I met there and living on my own. Not sure if I would do it again if I could go back, but it definitely screwed me financially, so I guess I wouldn't go back and do it the same way over again. I guess it's too late for the likes of us.
>>
college is very overhyped sadly but it's only useless if you let it be useless
>>
>>36532817
I am pretty certain that colleges are having a hand in this to force as many potential students as possible to waste 4 years so that they can get more money. The idea that college is a necessity to get success and wealth has unfortunately been ingrained here, and that thought couldn't be further from the truth. The only time a college nowadays is truly worth it is if you're going to someplace like Harvard, a 2 year school, or if you make the right connections. The worst part is when college kids look down on people like plumbers or HVAC or hell any skilled trade because they think they're somehow better than those things, when in reality those guys will be making more money and being more useful to society as a whole than most college graduates ever will.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.