[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do i tell my therapist about visiting /pol/ and /r9k/ ?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: peep.png (22KB, 612x491px) Image search: [Google]
peep.png
22KB, 612x491px
Do i tell my therapist about visiting /pol/ and /r9k/ ?
>>
>>36523469
If they ask a question that would relate to telling them that.
>>
No, just tell him you talk with weird people online
>>
>>36523509
They ask what i do in my spare time and I said I go on internet forums and they asked which
>>
>>36523539
Tell him/her about it. For therapy to work you have to be willing to tell them things that you don't want to tell.
>>
>>36523539
Reddit

Don't say 4chan
>>
>>36523539
my psychiatrist asked me this and I told him I browse reddit so he just thinks I'm an unfunny normalfag not a degenerate NEET pervert
>>
>>36523575
oh is there any reason for this?
also should i tell my therapist about my incest fantasies or they would lock me in a madhouse for that shit
we should have a thread about what to say or don't say to these people
>>
>>36523469
You can tell them anything as long as it isn't against the law.
>>
Do you pay for CBT? If so how much does it cost?

I need it desperately because I still can't kill my childhood depression but I don't have parents who can support me.
>>
>>36523575
fuck off

this is now an original comment
>>
>>36523814
>CBT
Cock and balI torture???
>>
Just tell them everything and be completely honest. Tell them about /r9k/ in detail, every fucked up thing you fapped to, literally everything. The internet has fucked too many people up and psychologists need this information in order to understand the problem.
>>
>>36523863
I'd be interested in knowing what people pay for that out of curiosity, but cognitive behavioral therapy is the therapy where you tell a therapist everything that you would never tell anyone else. As opposed to yoga therapy or chemotherapy.
>>
>>36523575

>be at shrink appointment a few months ago
>he says i seem much better than i have in the past
>tell him i browse 4chan's /r9k/ board, since it's like free therapy
>he looks skeptical at best

>be there today
>he asks if i still browse that board
>tell him yes, every day
>he thinks it's a good idea to socialize with people who are going through the same things

Wasn't expecting that one to be honest. Also told me to keep exercising, but i do that anyway since we don't have a car and i -have- to walk everywhere.
>>
I've mentioned I go here but just said it's an online forum, havent mentioned the traps and nazi infestation.
>>
>>36523627
They probably won't throw you in a madhouse unless the fantasy is really fucked up
>>
>>36523960
My price is 50 bucks a pop.
>>
File: 1473016879991.png (7KB, 223x140px) Image search: [Google]
1473016879991.png
7KB, 223x140px
>>36523575
>>36523600

>Lying to your psychologist

This is fucking retarded, you spend time out of your day to go there (and meaby even pay him) for him to treat you, Lying to him is literally undermining your own recovery.
>>
>>36524557
Yeah, but so would be telling you browse this shithole. She will just get distracted from the actual problems you are having
>>
>>36523648
In fact you can tell them illegal things too and they have to keep it confidential.
They can only break confidentiality if they think you're a serious danger to other people or yourself.
>>
>>36524240
Some time ago I read about an anon who told his therapist about /r9k/. She refused to see him again, citing misogyny of this place as a reason. Of course, the therapist in this story was a female so that might explain it.
>>
>>36524632
how so? it would allow her to get a closer look into what goes on inside your mind, making it easier for her to make a diagnosis and prescribe you the appropriate meds
>>
>>36524682
I'd say that's a winnable lawsuit. She neglected her duty to her client just because she realized why it was necessary and owes him money for failing to do her job.

But it was obviously bullshit. I'm sure they know all about 4chan.
>>
>>36524682
What the fuck? if thats true thats the most retarded psychologist in the world. Its her fucking JOB to get these so called "mysogynists" back on track. Why would she refuse to see him?
>>
>>36524682

Was gonna point out both my therapist and shrink are men, so yeah, that probably explains it. I won't see female therapists anymore, the two I saw before I got these guys were literally self-help book tier when it came to advice.

>tell them of my fucked up childhood, how I can't bring myself to trust other people because of it, etc, etc, etc.

>both of them tell me I should get a g/f or start a family, or immediately bring up anecdotes about their own lives as if it somehow helps.

Women are the worst therapists men can possibly have, no fucking memes or jokes about it.
>>
File: 1493061267340.gif (61KB, 736x689px) Image search: [Google]
1493061267340.gif
61KB, 736x689px
>>36524557
>"just beeeee urself!"

Yeah, no thanks. I'm not telling my Jew psychiatrist that I think he's greedy because he's a Jew, or that I think women are inferior. He'll just get mad.
>>
>>36524792

A therapist and a psychologist aren't the same thing, and in either case they can refuse to see you for any reason they deem fit anon, no matter how stupid it is.
>>
>>36524808
Dude you seem to have a ridiculously high view of psychologists. All you need to be a therapist is a two-year master's program, that's not enough to endow you with superhuman levels of stoicism and good judgment, especially when you half-assed your way through school your whole life due to grade inflation.
>>
>>36524843
>I'm not telling my Jew psychiatrist that I think he's greedy because he's a Jew
So why are you even wasting time with him if you believe he's after the shekels only?
>>
>>36524903
Because he was the only one who figured out which medication would work. That doesn't mean he's not greedy.
>>
A therapist should only break confidentiality if you tell them something that'll make them think you are a serious threat to yourself or other people.
Other than that you should tell them everything. If you want them to help you, you need to let them know the real you.
If a therapist refuses to keep seeing you because they think you're "too fucked up" then it's a good thing they dropped you, because it means they're a shitty mediocre therapist and don't deserve your money.
>>
>>36523469
Don't name-drop anything, you don't want to end up on some list
>>
>>36524819
>tfw my social worker in high school said I was good looking and told me to get a gf
>he was male and Chad
>they later sent me to an alternative computer-based school with the drug addicts because they thought I was going to shoot up the place.
>>
>>36524981
This completely.

I feel sorry for the parents paying hundreds to thousands of dollars just for these NEETs to lie and act like they're proud of it. I'm working my ass off in order to hopefully afford it and finally kill my childhood depression
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.