[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look at this picture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

File: representation.jpg (65KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
representation.jpg
65KB, 600x450px
Just from seeing this picture the thought of having to clean it up seems like a laborious task. With all the mess everywhere it causes you to feel too weak to even to try to make amends of the mess. When you measure the weight of the mayhem at hand, and the will you have to clean it, it leaves you feeling inferior. You look at this picture, and it evokes feelings of helplessness. With all the mess it makes you think, where would one even start? The mess has reached a point of no return, and only through strenuous effort could anyone fix this, but you haven't got the drive to do so. With all the mess piled up while you see no reason even contemplate cleaning the mess, you decide to live with it. What you consider to be normal becomes weird to others, and the idea of a clean room becomes foreign until you have forgotten what it was like to have a clean room.

This is me. This is my emotional state, and I need help.
>>
File: WkxROe6.gif (445KB, 245x155px) Image search: [Google]
WkxROe6.gif
445KB, 245x155px
>>36511917
A: Get a big ass trash bag
B: Find the literal trash, put it in the bag
C: Find the usless shit that may as well be trash, put it in the bag
D: Reorganize a little bit after that, put some -useful- shit where it makes sense
Repeat all as necessary until you find your fucking floor.
Then, never let it happen again, you lazy mong; that laziness is what got you in this situation in the first place.

see what i did there? i broke down a "big overwhelming task" into smaller achievable tasks.

also, if you're this deep into hoarding, you're bound to have a bunch of junk you have sentimental value of.. and listen to me here when i say it.. FUCK. THAT. SHIT. if it has holes in it, too big, too small, smells like ass/mold/cancer, toss it because it has now become a C object.
>>
>>36511979
It's not that easy desu.
>>
File: jp.png (585KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
jp.png
585KB, 800x800px
>>36511979
He's right you know so listen up.
>>
>>36512012
yes it is. it's literally as easy as setting aside half a fucking day to being not a sloth-esqe slob and grabbing a 50 gallon trash bag. or two.. or however many you need for all that shit.
You're like my mother, can't get started, and when/if you do, you can't toss anything because 'oh might use that someday' meanwhile the halls are lined with boxes of shit that havent been touched or used for over a decade
>>
>>36512058
>>36512053
I think you've forgotten the point. My room is not literally like that it was a representation of my mental state where I have so many things wrong with me that I don't know where to start and feel helpless even beginning anywhere.

>This is me. This is my emotional state, and I need help.

My mental health. My room is dirty but not that dirty I can spend about 30 minutes cleaning it and I'll be done.
>>
I would put on some comfy ambient music and start cleaning. Repetitive manual labor + ambient music is the greatest thing ever for my autism.
>>
>>36512108
>My room is dirty but not that dirty I can spend about 30 minutes cleaning it and I'll be done.

yes it's a multi day task. so what?
>>
File: 1490717262639.png (767KB, 399x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1490717262639.png
767KB, 399x1152px
>>36511917
You need some serious sorting out.
>>
>>36512115
>>36512127
You're missing the point

>My room is not literally like that it was a representation of my mental state where I have so many things wrong with me that I don't know where to start and feel helpless even beginning anywhere.
>>
>>36512135
It's not that easy gosh darn it! see>>36512108
>>
>>36512139
but any animal in a chaotic environment and they will start getting strange helpless feels like that
>>
File: 1480385226360.jpg (337KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
1480385226360.jpg
337KB, 550x535px
>>36512162
Yeah, I know! :^( fugg got muted!
>>
File: Prof_Jordan_Peterson.jpg (231KB, 1040x586px) Image search: [Google]
Prof_Jordan_Peterson.jpg
231KB, 1040x586px
>>36512156
I know, that's why you need some sorting out.
Go listen to smart people talk to you about it.
>>
>>36512252
I don't have the drive or motivation to do anything. Just left staying at home being a neet for you best years while your friends are all in uni and working and doing something with their lives.
>>
bump. Hippidy hoppidy boop
>>
>>36512139
anon i feel mildly amused watching you helplessly try to explain to this other anon that your room isn't that messy and that it's a complex and subtle metaphor
>>
>>36512758
It is a metaphor of my mental state and the way I view myself. I'm sorry if you don't believe me but it's just the way I am.
>>
>>36512758
Even if I have a messy room it's still only the beginning of the beginning of my problems and I still have a mountain to climb over.
>>
>>36511917

Take huge trash bags, fill them up. Don't sort out anything yet, just clear up the clutter.

It'll feel like a victory already.

Later, sit down and sort items one by one, bag by bag. Make piles.

Throw the trash you don't need.

Then clean.
>>
>>36512771
The solution to your mental state is the same as the solution to your room anon.
>>
>>36511917
Step number one is analyzing this mess and figuring out what sorts of cleaning tasks need to be performed-- throwing away or stacking up cardboard boxes for later use, folding up and setting aside blankets or clothing for further inspection to decide whether to keep, donate, or throw them out, etc.-- and breaking everything that needs to be done down into simple, small tasks. Then it ceases to be an impenetrable wall and becomes a stack of bricks which you can carry away one at a time. Once you've begun this analysis and break down, you can begin to set goals for yourself. Start small just to get in the habit: do one cleaning task every day, and when you've done it take a moment to recognize that you're making progress on this monumental task and you'll get it cleaned up eventually. Then expand to two or three tasks, or maybe one each of several different types of tasks so that you don't wind up putting off the kind you dislike indefinitely.
>>
>>36511979
OP, thid is the best advice you're gunna get. If you can't do this, you need professional intervention. I've had plenty of times that I let my room get out of hand, and I did to a T what this anon is saying.
>>
>>36513081
Ok then I'll see but read this>>36512139
>>
>>36512285
Stop whinging about it then you lazy weak faggot. What do you want? Do you want to clean your room or do you want people to give you attention without doing anything to earn it?
>>
>>36511979
You don't understand that it's not about hoarding stuff. I ignore my surroundings because they're outside my sphere of control, which these days has shrunk to about my bed and my computer. Unlike you I struggle to just improve my situation a little each day and end up hiding the problem from myself.
>>
>>36511917
The trick is to just start. You just clean a little bit. Maybe do one (1) load of laundry. Wipe a single surface clean. Just a little bit.

This helps build momentum, giving you the motivation to keep going, little by little, and before you know it everything's all neat and tidy! ^_~
>>
>>36511917
that looks way better than my room.
>>
>>36512139
It begins with accepting responsibility, simply put. It is your mess and no one but you is going to clean it up, so you've got to be willing to suffer through whatever it takes to make that happen. Which means that you have to accept a simple truth of life, one which is the hallmark of maturity and that separates adults from children: there are times when you must actively choose to suffer, because doing so will save you from having to suffer more down the road, albeit passively.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.