[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Have disagreement with an anon >ask him to explain his

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

>Have disagreement with an anon
>ask him to explain his reasoning and make an argument/back it up
>he simply responds by saying that I'm not worth his time
>>
>>36507928

i have lots of very important posts to make thank you
>>
>>36507928
Was he wrong though?
>>
>>36507928
me anytime I talk to someone on a Discord I found on 4chan xDD
>>
>>36508114
Of course he was. I'm always right.
>>
>>36507928
Even with hard evidence, no one will change their mind . Arguments are for the most part pointless. When it is done both sides will think they "won".
>>
>>36507928
>he simply responds by saying that I'm not worth his time
This is the only correct thing to do on 4chan.
I sometimes see huge threads being derailed by two anons debating some irrelevant shit that nobody cares about for no reason. What a waste of time
>>
>>36508152
You aren't even worth my time
>>
>>36508479
Neither was your mother at first but I got a bit desperate that night
>>
Most times it just comes down to disagreeing on word meaning. Any attempt to deteremine what we are talking about gets shot down with 'muh semantics'. Somehow people just don't understand that words have meaning and since words are used for communication it's crucial to have a level playing field. Otherwise why even bother making statements and supporting facts? Just skip straight to the ad homs.

>>36508198

Most people will change their mind with hard evidence. Arguments are fun though. What's the point of talking if everyone agrees and there is nothing to think about or learn?
>>
>post unpopular opinion
>get one reply calling it bait
For fuck sakes
>>
>>36508198
People will change their mind if they're already unsettled about something. Obviously most people mouthing off on the internet are not in that state.

>>36508579
>Most people will change their mind with hard evidence.
I bet you actually believe that, too. But just in case that sounds "irrational," consider: how much confirming evidence would it take for you to believe in horoscopes? But then I find people who present Tractatus-style viewpoints ("disagreements are about definitions") are already lost catastrophically far up their own asses.
>>
File: 1480398544491.jpg (80KB, 640x665px) Image search: [Google]
1480398544491.jpg
80KB, 640x665px
That's when you crack out the emergency nukes.
>>
>>36508579
>>36509232
was reading a psych article about the effects of confirmation bias in debates/the supposed evolutionary reasoning behind and it touched on this - based on my memory of that article most people don't change their opinion when the facts/truth is presented. the reasoning is related to the benefits of cohesive social groups humans developed and i imagine not changing your opinion despite cold hard facts is related to that.

we aren't as logical and rational as we like to think we try to be.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.