[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think the reason so many people are depressed today is because

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: lainsearching.png (290KB, 638x411px) Image search: [Google]
lainsearching.png
290KB, 638x411px
I think the reason so many people are depressed today is because of the secularization and centralization of society. It's suffocating. There's no moral foundation, right and wrong don't exist, having strong opinions is wrong, the idea of anything beyond what you can see with your eyes is a joke. It all feels cold and heartless and empty. Go to school so you can go to more school so you can go to work so you can escape through video games and television so it doesn't feel as bad and you can pretend things that actually mean anything is happening in your life before you die. It feels hopeless.
>>
>>36504633

Read The Open Conspiracy, then read Human Society in Ethics and Politics.

The old ways aren't the answer, but yes the present way is definitely shit. Don't fall for the primitivism meme.
>>
Yes. I am unhappy with emptiness and nihilism. But I see no escape.
>>
>>36504633
welcome to a post modern society
>>
>>36505091
Thank you very much anon, I'll look into them.

I mean, I'm not proposing we go back to having tribes and bang rocks together and draw on cave walls, but there had to be a time with a better social structure than this, right? When we had decent technology that was advancing and moving forward, but there was still a right and wrong and a foundation? Where you could feel safe and like you had a purpose without being cavemen or throwing people off buildings for blasphemy?
>>
>>36504633
>Having strong opinions is wrong
Where have you been? That's all the rage!
>>
>>36505406

Realistically speaking, the lot of most humans throughout history has been "don't starve". The foundation of morality(among the masses) has essentially been taboo and obedience to those of a higher caste.

I think you have it backwards in that regard. It's only just recently that we've reached a place where it's possible to think about building the foundation. Problem is we're still behaving like a creature of subsistence; mindlessly indulging partly out of fear the abundance will end.
>>
>>36504633
>Woahh ohh, life goes on, long after the thrill of living is gone.
Sometimes, I think that everyone who claims to have passion for things is just taunting me. I don't know how anyone who isn't a small child gets excited about anything. It's Greek to me.
>>
File: 1441666399960.jpg (770KB, 2824x2721px) Image search: [Google]
1441666399960.jpg
770KB, 2824x2721px
>>36504633

>>36505220

>tfw ex-oneitis writes a public status shaming you on facebook and has an army of supporters because you walked away/stood up against the friendzone.

I fucking hate technology sometimes...
>>
>>36504633
>I don't want to think for myself

I do see the school to school to work part, but life has always been like that when you think about it. You have to work to survive. A farmer that doesn't sow will starve. Now it's seems like nowadays we don't need to work with automation, but Africa and India exist so we should be working to catch them up. A lot of it does feel needless but then I feel like that'll get into something about capitalism and I'm not economically educated at all
>>
>>36504633
I've thought the exact thoughts you've had. While I'm completely rational and logical, following the ideals of the post-modern world, I'm pretty jealous of those spiritual people who can shift the focus of meaninglessness to something collective. My escape is by being as busy as possible to not think about how plain, repetitive, and boring life is.

>>36505367
I never really thought of it like that. I wonder how much longer until religion in western culture diminishes and leads way to AR and VR and transhumanism, as we escape our lives through technology.
>>
>>36505723
What does that have to do with the booger building?

>>36505687
I feel this, but I do want to read more
>>
>>36505723
Just delete normiebook and those problems go away. Fuck, I felt more anxious with all the possible options to me there, trying to catch some social, sexual, business, or intellectual opportunity, but none was there.
>>
>>36505687
My mom loves that song
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.