[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate HS >heading for college that august >excited,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

File: 1491224302423.png (217KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491224302423.png
217KB, 640x360px
>graduate HS
>heading for college that august
>excited, looking forward to it
>first night there
>realize how social you have to be to survive
>heart sinks
>realize how hellish this will be
>first semester over
>no friends, view towards college filled with regret and malice
>second semester starts
>same shitfest, different schedule
>passion for major gone
>hatred for everyone around me stronger than ever
>motivation dying and grades slipping
>settle on dropping out at the end of the semester
>home this weekend
>bf comes over I'm a faggot
>unconsciously refuse to cuddle or be near him
>feel uncomfortable being intimate or even holding hands
>just want to be alone, but I want to be with him
>forgot how to love
>tfw I'm filled with so much hate that I forgot how to express love
>tfw college destroyed my ability to properly express emotions

So how's life for all of you?
>>
>>36483922
Why would you need to be social for college? I'm doing fine on my own here.
>>
>>36483922
Fuck off you faggot bitch. Go back to your own board
>>
>>36483983
I'm in the exact same situation as you with college anon. I haven't been to class since spring break, don't even plan on going to finals
>>
College was the meme that started the downward spiral for me, still not fully recovered 6 years later
>>
>>36484006
B-but, I only feel at home here, I'm starting to think I'm asexual nowadays
>>
>>36484016
Meant to quote op
Origabooganal
>>
>>36484016
Why aren't you going to class? All you have to do is show up and write stuff down.
>>
>>36483922
Please leave you fucking normalfag
>>
>>36483983
This.

College is not the real world.

You can succeed academically to a degree even if you never step outside your dorm except to go to class.
>>
>>36484084
What's the point if I'm going to drop out
>>
I survived college even though I am a socially awkward introvert . You just have to learn how to not give a fuck.
>>
Dumb stupid roastie bitch. Fuck off
>>
>>36483922
>start college optimistic
>try and make friends
>they all reject and ignore me
>got good grades so w/e
>next semester
>anxiety and depression hit me like a ton of bricks
>think its some seasoning thing
>gets worse everyday
>avoid talking to everyone
>start failing
>3rd semester seek help
>diagnosed with autism, schizoid, and MDD
>thought early signs would go away
>tfw started your early adulthood hopeful for a fresh start

it only gets worse from here lads
>>
>>36484154
It's not that I desire friendship, I couldn't give two shits about what people think of me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I go to class, I study, but my grades don't show for the effort I put in. I guess I'm just a brainlet or can't focus with this hatred distracting me
>>
If you don't feel ready for college, I recommend taking a gap year.
>>
I hope you realize being gay is a grave sin.
>>
>>36484256
I intend on going to hell, if such a realm exists
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>paying $45,000 a year for tuition plus room and board
>anon you've gotta go to college, it's just what you do
>>
>>36484186
Where do you get diagnosed with things
>>
>>36484323
tumblr it sounds like
>>
>>36484323
Psychologist. Make sure you have all your thoughts organized before the meeting and prepare to throw all pride out the window. Tell the doctor everything that's wrong with you and why you hate yourself. If all goes well you should walk out with 2-3 diagnoses that you can use to get disability buxs.
>>
>>36484438
>>36484323
i meant schizotypal. it was a professional evaluation pls no bully
>>
File: 11111.jpg (2MB, 2617x1993px) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
2MB, 2617x1993px
>>36483922
I relate somewhat
>in HS be a self hating socially anxious loser with no friends or social life
>manage to get into a decent uni
>nervous, but cautiously optimistic
>orientation day
>its a nightmare of extremely awkward social interaction, forced school spirit, and loud noises
>optimism turns to dread
> I can't handle the academic or social aspect of school
>always extremely tired
>motivation fades away
>stop going to classes 2 months in
>fail all of my classes
>my parents think I'm still in school

At least you managed to get through the year. All I did was waste a semester's worth of tuition.
>>
File: 1489814537287.png (390KB, 500x641px) Image search: [Google]
1489814537287.png
390KB, 500x641px
>>36484210
>Tfw on my 7th gap year in a row
>>
>>36484635
High school were the good years. College is fucking hell. I thought things would get better...
>>
Almost done with 4th semester lads, no more English classes after this at least.
>>
File: 1489877171591.jpg (12KB, 380x380px) Image search: [Google]
1489877171591.jpg
12KB, 380x380px
>university asks for major
>cant decide on my major still
>tfw wasting time
>>
>Go to college
>Don't do anything social, just go to class, take-in lecture, do work
>Piss easy general education requirements (the beginner classes you have to take as part of your major, but no relation to it)
>Start doing major-based classes, a bit less relaxed, still easy, follow same shit
>About to graduate w/o having done anything normie or out of the necessary

This shit's easy, I don't get how people act like going to college is so hard or bad. If it's not your cup of tea, I can see that, but you're not required to act or do certain things, as plenty of college-attending robots can assert. Also, protip: don't skip a year after high school, just jump right in. Trust me, it's much easier that way.
>>
>>36484294
y go anon
>>
>>36484863
what about developing social skills to help you land internships. i dont care about making friends but i do care about getting experience and being socially anxious doesnt help
>>
File: nausicaa-560x408.jpg (48KB, 560x408px) Image search: [Google]
nausicaa-560x408.jpg
48KB, 560x408px
>>36484676
I hope things do eventually get better for you anon
>>
>>36484635
>my parents think I'm still in school'
What are you gonna do when they find out ?
>>
>>36484932
That's oddly specific, but I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. I've been interning for the past year and I'm socially crippled - sure, I've had my highs and lows, but I'm still here. If you're really concerned, I guess I'd say make the effort to just bullshit with others whenever possible, maybe join a club that fits your interests and/or hobbies. What's your major, anyhoo?
>>
>>36483922
>first night there
>realize how social you have to be to survive
>heart sinks
>realize how hellish this will be

redpill number 1: you have to make friends in your first week

>first semester over
>no friends, view towards college filled with regret and malice
>second semester starts
>same shitfest, different schedule

redpill number 2: you'll lose all your friends by 2nd year

>hatred for everyone around me stronger than ever
>motivation dying and grades slipping
>settle on dropping out at the end of the semester

redpill number 3: you'll stop going to class and fail everything in your second year

I want all dewy-eyed robots to know this is how college wll play out for you. It might start off alright and you might even turn normie. Don't be fooled; it won't last. Take it from someone who *almost* made it
>>
>>36483922
oh hey, someone else knows these feels
i don't know if i should be happy that i can relate or sad that others have to go through this
>>
>>36484992
i'm majoring in cs. havent landed an internship yet but my anxiety is so bad i cant even talk to my professors or peers though i just got on medication so hoping it works
>>
>>36485132
>>36485132
Oh, well best of luck to you, anon. I think it's a bit natural to be anxious around some professors, since they're a kind of authority figure (especially if they have a serious/bitchy attitude). Here's hoping that medication works - if not, a stiff drink might loosen you up a bit.
>>
>>36484016
If you still can, you should try and salvage your grades. Maybe then you can take a gap year (if your school will let you) and think about wether you still want to do the college thing

I know how you feel though. Last semester I gave up going to class and didn't take my exams, and I ended up failing everything. I really wish I had at least passed my classes
>>
File: 1489727753174.jpg (204KB, 1024x996px) Image search: [Google]
1489727753174.jpg
204KB, 1024x996px
>>36485047
This. We're robots forever. Just embrace it and save yourself the trouble. Once you failed in your most developmental years, you've failed forever.
>>
>>36485172
thanks anon if it doesnt work im willing to try anything. im sick of this feeling and i just want to function normally
>>
>>36484988
I have no idea. I've been pretending to go to school since November because I'm too afraid of them finding out, even though I know its the right thing to do. I know I should tell them, but its too easy to keep lying and avoiding the problem.

The good thing is that I only wasted one semester of tuition so I can easily pay them back with my savings.
>>
>>36485302
>even though I know its the right thing to do

Ignore that part, I don't know what I was trying to say there
>>
>>36484594
How did you get the schizotypal diagnosis?

Did you always have a lucky penny in your shoe or somehting?
>>
File: 1485067014648.png (67KB, 398x321px) Image search: [Google]
1485067014648.png
67KB, 398x321px
>tfw went to college on a free ride bc of good high school grades/sat
>tfw extremely depressed and miserable
>tfw grades go into a downward spiral
>tfw scholarship is revoked
>tfw i drop out and now am unemployable except at fast food places
>>
>>36485468
i have a lucky rock. i see and hear things that other people think arent there but they really are. schizotypal is nothing but a label for those with superior abilities, we are just gifted and can communicate with other dimensions
>>
First year is tough on everyone, OP
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.