[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The bettering yourself meme

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg (12KB, 329x329px) Image search: [Google]
Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg
12KB, 329x329px
Why do normies act like life is a game and if you do so and so you get rewarded with sex or relationships? Isn't 'bettering yourself' what everyone is pretty much trying to do in life? No one actively desires to ruin themselves when they wake up in the morning. Ideally we all would like to be better but let's be honest we all won't. And the context of better is always shifting.
>>
You have such simplistic views on life, its not about bettering or making yourself worse. No the whole point in life is to affect the system that is mankind.
>>
>>36471652
Wtf are u talking about

Original
>>
File: 1492181971458s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1492181971458s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>36471268
The difference is that there are people who want to become better, but don't do anything about it and just mope around all day, never actually trying to improve, and people who want to become better, so they actually go out and TRY to better themselves. No offense OP, but you kinda sound like the first option.
>>
>>36471268
Because the cruel hearted efficiency is strong. You can be lazy and happy and nice but other's won't so they'll tap dat ass. They would rather be slaves then have their flag change color. As they say, be yourself. If not, you'll never be happy because that's not you.
>>
>>36471268
Life is apparently just a game when you're playing on easy mode.
>>
Whats your reason for not bettering your self? serious question
>>
no you get rewarded in the afterlife and soul retains more difficult to grasp knowledge
>>
>>36471268
>you get rewarded with sex or relationships
No, you get rewarded with feeling great about yourself, to the point where others want to be around you and bask in your glory.
>>
>>36471833
Even if you polish a turd, all you'll have is a polished turd.
>>
>>36471268
Life is about learning and taking risks. If you cant accomplish that then you'll find less opportunity. Your fear of failure or rejection keeps you from taking a chance and that reflects in your attitude. I didnt let my marketing degree stop me from persuing an engineering degree when at the time I never took calc physics and what not and found it hard at the time. I now make over 7 figures combining my marketing and engineering knowledge and taking risks and challanging myself to grow and learn as a person.
>>
>>36471918
If your shit is hard enough to polish you've got problems. Are you a bleeding ass anon?

Butt no really that was a bad example. The shit turns into food if bettered. You don't want to be food because you know society would only consume you.
>>
>>36471918
So are you comparing yourself to a turd? If so, that's a problem.
>>
>>36471906
this, think of it as an empty golden chalice. You dont have shit to drink which is what you were there for in the first place but you have a new cool golden cup and everyone wants to be around you and you may just run into someone who'll bring you a drink.
>>
>>36471268
You should better yourself for yourself. The point of it is to feel better about yourself, not to impress girls. It does impress girls sometimes, but that's a SIDE EFFECT
>>
>>36471268
life is a game desu senpai. it's got an open world (you choose the goal) with limited resources and the difficulty is predetermined before you even start playing.
There are two ways to get better at this game that are within your control.
1. If you get placed in hard mode you can balance it out with an easy goal. I feel sorry for the ambitious people that are stuck on hard mode.
2. Choose a goal that makes doing all the side quests worth it. i.e going to school to get a comfy job
The reward doesn't have to be sex or relationships if that is what you want then go for it but you are not being forced to.

>No one actively desires to ruin themselves when they wake up in the morning.
I agree and I honestly wish there was some way to fix this. My biggest complaint about this game. The context of what is better changes but it's different for everybody. Thankfully we live in the 21st century and have multiple modes of escapism. If that doesn't work you can always opt out and hope for a reroll(or not).
>>
the main benefit to bettering yourself is to have the power to ruin the lives of people who claim it works for anything except this purpose
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.