[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you guys meet new friends online

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: LEM_74efaa87e8e4f.jpg (793KB, 2098x2341px) Image search: [Google]
LEM_74efaa87e8e4f.jpg
793KB, 2098x2341px
How do you guys meet new friends online
>>
>>36468654
I shoot them in the face or blow up their car.
>>
>>36468654
Right now. This is a moment to meet new Interwebs friends. Be mine, anon.
>>
>>36468654
>get talking to someone in game
>join party
>quickly realize I prefer playing games alone

fuck people and fuck trump
>>
>>36468654
discord or video games
>>
>>36468654
>play vidya with faggots from /vg/
>some fag likes my shitposting enough to invite me to discord
>get drunk and start talking shit for fun
>faggots ban me because feelings are hurt and can't take bantz
>repeat until you find a group that aren't faggots that ban you
I found one group of fags that are great. Met them years ago on a WoW private server guild on /vg/ and been friends ever since. Play other multiplayer vidya together all the time.
>>
>>36469310
are you nice anon?
i will be your friend if you are kind and nice
>>
>>36469614
I'm super duper nice, anon. Believe it so.
>>
>>36469645
do you have discord or smth i can add you on?
>>
File: cacodemon.png (137KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
cacodemon.png
137KB, 466x492px
>try to make friends on r9k
>they seem to complain a lot about relatively simple, suburban problems
>find out they listen to emo
Every time
>>
>>36469717
faggot_homogay#0811. Got my username from a kindly anon here.
>>
>>36469816
Way to do it is over videogames.
I got into videogame guilds by having repeat teamkill wars with them, then getting invites to voip and saying "hey that was fun we got eachother good ok take it easy bye"

They're always really nice in person too.
>>
>>36468654
>get on discord
>friends bring in friends who bring in friends
>>
>>36468654
I just pick a anon like once a year from a random thread and try to be thier friend.
It has never worked out
>>
>>36470191
we can try and be friends if you want to anon?
>>
I really could use a robot internet buddy. Any of you got skype?
>>
I used to have lots of friends, but I don't really know what happened.

Seemed like all the people interested in starting conversation, or playing games just vanished.

I guess I got pickier in that, I eventually stop working so hard to message people that simply always seem disinterested or stop responding, but outside of that I have no idea where everyone went.

Finding friends that play rhythm games is pretty much impossible anyways, and most people only seem to play CS:GO, dota 2, and pubg at this point.

So I'm kinda lost myself at figuring out how to do it OP.
>>
>>36470112
>this one guy is my friend let him in
>process repeats until your a mod over people you don't know
>>
I'm a part of the 06-07 generation of /v/ (so absolute fucking newtrash). I remember when /v/ used to have friend threads before they were infested by ERPers and we actually ended up playing games and having fun and shit, with people from different continents involved trying to juggle playing the game at 200 ping and happy shittalking. I'unno if I was particularly lucky with people but I always ended up with really chill bros who didn't spout memes (or at least did so in good taste) and were down to play stuff. Nowadays trying to meet friends on the internet feels like running through a minefield. Either you're gonna meet some fucking hopeless disaster that only serves to bring your mood down, some memespouting 16 year old with a touhou avatar and a MAGA hat or one of those bland rockpeople whose existence can be boiled down to normie wageslave who watches netflix. Where are the people from that fucking time?
>>
File: pretty.jpg (44KB, 630x349px) Image search: [Google]
pretty.jpg
44KB, 630x349px
Find a message board that's not anonymous but maybe uses screen names, where people talk about something you're interested in. Almost every TV show has rabid fanbase discussion boards, for example. It is very easy to get addicted to talking about the show every week after it airs. Eventuallly you will start to see certain screennames that sound fun, and over time, you build a little community. Odds are that someone will be near you and you can meet in person. often they have get-togethers where people travel from out of town to the same city for a weekend to hang out--this is how the interest worked before sites like Facebook where you know people's real identity, where they live, work, etc. Under a screen name, you are more 'daring' even if you're generally a robot personality, and especially if you are something of an expert on the topic. People will learn to respect you based on your knowledge and your screen persona, without judging you on looks or any real-life features that Facebook gives away.

city-Data is actually a cool webiste, originally meant for people learning about a city before they move there, but there gets to be quite a community there. Join the forum and go to your city's board--you will likely find topics to participate in (under a screen name) and after awhile, if you're a contributing member of the group, they will likely have a get-together somewhere and you might be invited and mix with other folks. City-data also has non-city board on every topic under the sun, but the cool thing about the city part is that people are right there in your city, but still anonymous.
>>
If anyone wants to be friends please leave your discord.
>>
>>36471286
Got off 4chan, and grew up
>>
>>36471566
Tell me more about yourself, anon. People don't just "make friends" outta thin air
>>
>>36471596
Pretty much what I keep thinking desu, but there must be more pathetic manchildren around.
>>
File: 1492809907640.jpg (129KB, 528x553px) Image search: [Google]
1492809907640.jpg
129KB, 528x553px
>>36471622
Why dont you give me your discord and we can get to know eachother there.
If we dont click we can always just delete eachother.
>>
>>36471566
post yours

uwu im shy
>>
>>36471800
m-me too

;-; making friends is so hard
>>
owo uwu post it dammit
>>
>>36471800
>>36471827
Why don't you guys post like an email throwaway you can email your discords too?
I am also wary of posting my discord here!
>>
>>36472070
>>36471936
>>36471827
Here you ninnies, I'll broker this for y'all, you can all add me and then add each other via me. ID is Penguin-san#3070
>>
>>36468654
I don't. Whenever I play online games, I just wind up playing alone. Even in MMORPGs I only interact with people out of necessity.
>>
bump? i guess? post yor discords
>>
>>36472448
Mine has already been posted anon. Post yours to continue the chain of Discord friends everyone will hopefully make. Or someone could just open up a server.
>>
File: Moechan05.jpg (105KB, 477x593px) Image search: [Google]
Moechan05.jpg
105KB, 477x593px
>>36468654
Well there were the steam threads but those now get banned.
>>
>>36472531
those were an atrocity
>>
File: C3qTzofUYAEbilN.jpg (72KB, 749x932px) Image search: [Google]
C3qTzofUYAEbilN.jpg
72KB, 749x932px
>>36472566
They weren't that bad half the time. Only when degenerates were on the loose.
>>
>>36472108
Do you have skype?

Pls anybody. Sad face.
>>
File: 20170420_234903.jpg (62KB, 680x593px) Image search: [Google]
20170420_234903.jpg
62KB, 680x593px
>>36468654
I had a whole friend circle on steam but when our bond was at its strongest I realized I might end up having to meet these fuckers irl, while they were fun online they weren't the kind of people you would wanna hang out with anywhere so I devised a plan.

I began to beta orbit one of the girls in the group and just act beta in general and pretend to be a total creep until the girl I was orbiting would want to get away from me once the others in th group had noticed I faked a decent into madness and abandoned but after a while a few of them were still trying to add me so too make sure they truly hated me I stalked the girl for a couple of days until they went white knight and blocked me.

Even though I had destroyed some close friendships I dodged a bullet in the long run.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.