[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it considered manly to know how to change your own oil

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: change-oil-3.jpg (38KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
change-oil-3.jpg
38KB, 300x300px
is it considered manly to know how to change your own oil or something?
>>
>>36459935
no, it's standard car maintenance knowledge like changing a tire
>>
>>36459935
I dont consider it manly, i consider it prudent

But on the other hand ive only ever met one girl who changed her oil. So maybe it is
>>
I definitely feel less manly not knowing how to do anything on a car. I've never even changed a tire before.
>>
I think it's a good idea to. If you ever take your car to those oil stop places they always screw up the simplest tasks. They either tighten the oil drain too hard or completely forget to put it back.
>>
File: bumble-bee-vs-mexico.jpg (35KB, 600x379px) Image search: [Google]
bumble-bee-vs-mexico.jpg
35KB, 600x379px
>>36459935
If you consider yourself a car guy in any way and/or have a modified car then yes it is manly. It's also mandatory at that point.
>>
>>36460445
is it pathetic that i work with trucks but dont know how to drive them and ive never pulled a transmission
>>
>>36460459
Who am I to judge you? I am but a stranger on the internet who knows nothing of you.
>>
>jack car up
>undo oil plug
>drain oil
>put plug back in
>drop car
>change oil filter
>put oil in car

pretty easy familia, you just need the basic tools to do it. I change mine every 5-8k km.
>>
>>36459935
i wouldn't say its manly. its cool because in our generation a lot of people have no idea how to do mechanical stuff, but i don't think manly is the word.
>>
>>36459935
Yes, it it's also considered pleb.
>>
an oil change is only like... 10 more dollars than doing it yourself and the shop has all the facilities to do it way faster than you can and you don't need to even bother getting rid of the oil or buying oil in the first place
>>
>>36459935
Im old as fuck and graduated HS in 2000. However, that being said, auto is one of the most useful HS courses I ever took.
>>
File: public urinal.jpg (52KB, 644x257px) Image search: [Google]
public urinal.jpg
52KB, 644x257px
>>36461075
Admitting you're older than 20 is like admitting you're not white or a woman these days.
>>
>>36461048
It's not like it's hard to do any of that. There's no reason why a shop would be able to change your oil faster anyway, other than the mechanic having more experience and the process coming naturally to him. That doesn't factor in the fact you always have to wait for him to get to your vehicle because there's other customers who came before you.

You buy oil at the store like any other item. Change it faster than a busy mechanic would. Then you bury the old oil in your yard where you don't want weeds (or any other plants) to grow.
>>
>>36460459
Don't worry. Someone will drop a motor swap on you eventually.
>tfw I saw my new motor bolted in today
Wonder what I'm going to blow out of the shop.

>>36461075
>tfw I couldn't get into auto in high school because women and minorities were prioritized for the 60 seats
Wasn't anything I didn't get to learn rebuilding my 68 MGB GT with a Hanes manual, but it looked like a cozy class.
>>
I believe it is, even though I haven't done it myself. Every man should know the basics of car maintenance. Didn't they used to teach this shit in high school?
>>
>>36461448
>Didn't they used to teach this shit in high school?
Yeah, but they had to cancel autoshop classes to make room for gender and queer studies.
>>
>>36461448
>Didn't they used to teach this shit in high school?
I'm older than the average /r9k/ user but auto shop being a thing in high school was before even my time, they still had wood shop though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.