[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC culture

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: output.jpg (354KB, 1152x2048px) Image search: [Google]
output.jpg
354KB, 1152x2048px
Anyone else here really worry about excessive political correctness?

I recently started going back to college after 2 years of leave because muh schizo. People there act super careful around me because they found out I was gone for having a brain malfunction. Everything is uncomfortable as fuck in psychology class (yeah I know it's a pleb class but I think it would be easy as hell for me to help people) because they somehow found out I was gone for muh brain problems. I feel very uncomfortable and alienated because people censor themselves on that subject around me, but all I want is for them to joke about it like I do. I consider myself to be a classical liberal (you can do anything as long as it doesn't directly harm someone else). I feel like "progressive" liberals are actually regressive in this sense. I can't make a joke about myself without some asshat telling me it's offensive. Can someone please wake me up?

Pic is my parrot who recently died, but lived a long and happy life.
>>
>>36452808
self-bump because i want to discuss this
>>
>>36452808
please respond guys im bored and i wanted to have some sort of discussion.
>>
If I were in your situation, I would joke about it regardless of the fact that it offends someone. If some dickhole hears you making a joke about your own mental illness, and deems it offensive just tell them something like,"You're offensive to me for dictating how I am able to speak about a mental disorder I suffer from." Or something along these lines just to get the PC people to fuck off. I wish I could give something more than this, but this is the only solution that's logical to me. Finally, I suppose the only thing I would do besides the previously mentioned case, is wait a bit after they told me I was offensive, and start hitting the shit out of said person then blame it on schizophrenia.
>>
I think they're just trying to be nice. Just make jokes about it yourself and they'll probably understand you're chill about it and drop the pretense.
>>
It sounds bad, but my only exposure to such things is via image boards, so I often suspect the state of affairs is rather exaggerated.

But I went to college ten years ago and stayed in muh STEM mustard race classes, so maybe things have changed.
>>
>>36452808
i think 'PC' culture has a point though, we should avoid saying things that are overtly bigoted or racist, etc...

that being said, if you cant even joke about your own mental illness, that seems silly. like the anon above me i assume that a lot of these university stories of '''PC culture''' are exaggerated, but you should have no trouble with these people, just tell them that joking about it makes helps you deal with it or something...

>RIP parrot
>>
>>36452808
It's kinda interesting to see how extreme people are but more importantly how vocal they are as well. The left not only walks on eggshells they also want to determine who is allowed and how much they can be allowed.The right will say anything and everything. They may not even agree with what they are saying but are simply saying it to spite the left. I'm honestly not sure which side is worse. One wants to take away the majorities people's liberties to protect the minority and the other would do everything in their power to spite the minority.
>>
>>36452808
>Pic is my parrot who recently died, but lived a long and happy life.
I saved it. May he rest in peace. This picture gives me joy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.