[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I miss my old Internet friends from forums, MMORPG's, IRC

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 234324234.png (34KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
234324234.png
34KB, 633x758px
I miss my old Internet friends from forums, MMORPG's, IRC & web-chatrooms....

I felt like I was apart of a community back then, could always hop on and speak to my Internet buddies and not be judged because we were all in the same boat, spending those long summer days shut inside and staying up until 5-6 am in the morning.

Gradually those communities would fall apart due to people moving on with their lives, becoming normies until the community died and moved onto the next one.

I've been stuck on 4chan for 6 years now and never found another community to be apart of, I am 23 years old it's becoming more obvious that once my mother dies I will be in the world by myself and nobody to rely on, I will be homeless and contribute nothing to society.

Any other anons miss their old Internet friends?
Times were simpler back then, now people use plebbit and other normie social media sites.
>>
>>36452350
When you're all in school it's so much easier to relate to each other. I miss the faggy e-drama and sperging out with other cringelords.
>>
File: 1468555246354.png (191KB, 265x289px) Image search: [Google]
1468555246354.png
191KB, 265x289px
>spent almost entirety of teenage years on FFXI
>put in over 1000 days /playtime
>fondly remember sitting around NM spawn points with linkshell members just talking about anything and everything, waiting for a spawn
>or helping someone with a quest, travelling with them to get to where they needed to go, all the while talking
>the spawn didnt matter, the item drop didn't matter, the quests didnt matter; just sitting around for hours and hours talking to people and having fun was all i remember

fuck i miss it so much
>>
anyone here old enough to remember the golden age of usenet?
>>
>>36452350
I feel you anon. I used to spend all my time with some people in a tinychat room all the main people besides me and this other guy eventually became successful and stopped spending time together.

I hung out with the other guy for years after as we both struggled until he died a few years ago. I think about it all the time. Lots of screenshots of the room still exist online and I have a larger collection on some HDDs which are now in police custody...
>>
>>36452350
I have been here since 2006 go fuck off dude.
Find more online friends.
Never know theres new games.
>>
>>36453432
I'm too old now anon, it was different when you're an anti-social kid who dreaded going to school and used the friendships as a escape from reality.

Now it would just make my life worse, 23 year old NEET who spends all day playing vidya and browsing boards isn't who I want to be.
>>
>>36453556
>TFW realize how easy it would be to change things but am now crippled

Its really not difficult op.
>>
I feel you my man. I used to spend an insane amount of time on this one forum. I racked up a total of 4 months online time.

Nowadays I stick to IRC / XMPP / Discord / Casual forum browsing.

Forums you used?
Current forums I'm using:
Leakforums, Hackforums, nulled, etc.
>>
it seems harder to make online friends now
>>
>>36454168
Lol hf skid.
>>
>>36454223
More so since most people don't seem to be looking for/want another friend since they already have a group of friends.
>>
>>36453382
>I have a larger collection on some HDDs
>Now in police custody...

I want to know how that happened.
>>
>>36454298
I don't think everyone came to the internet friendless.
>>
>>36454315
>tell college their security is a joke
>expelled
>3 months later... listening to ytcracker just cruising loudly while detectives knock on my window
>they break through 2 doors
>search warrant, college wanted me "looked into"
>detectives turn off my encrypted computers, take random Linux live-cds and not an RPI that was connected to a bunch of HDDs

Over 60 days later and I've heard nothing, pretty pathetic really.
>>
>>36454382
Same thing applies IRL.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.