[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mentally prepare for suicide?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Does anyone have any ideas on how to mentally prepare for suicide? I've wanted to kill myself since middle school, but I've always been too afraid to do it. I've mentioned that I've had suicidal thoughts to two or so people throughout the course of my life (not counting therapists) and honestly I've found it isn't worth it. I don't want to be convinced not to do it, if anything I want someone to talk me into it so I can leave peacefully and of my own will. It's the same online. It's all "it's a permanent solution to a temporary problem" coming from people who are mostly able to function within society. As far as I'm concerned, my problem IS permanent, and the solution isn't permanent so much as it is a willful choice to accelerate something that happens to absolutely everyone.
As for why I want to kill myself, I've never felt that I belong or relate much to other people, or that I care to. I can see myself in media, but those instances are exaggerated and crystallized manifestations of humanity. Far from the actual thing, and they add no value or meaning to my life. I feel distant even to those close to me, I always have. I fear those who I'm not close with to the point of constant contempt and agitation. I also find that there seems to be a disconnect in communication with others; people have a hard time understanding me, or maybe more accurately I'm not good at conveying myself to others.
I have no desire to continue a meaningless existence, and I don't really care about dedicating myself to a work or cause. I don't find pleasure in action or praise, and to receive either requires work that I'm too exhausted to undergo. I'd rather not prolong the inevitable, live in frustration and fear, or risk leaving on terms that aren't my own.
Still, something has always held me back. Any advice on how to overcome this would be appreciated. I am comfortable with the idea of an exit bag, I used to regularly knock myself out with compressed air so I think it would feel nice.
>>
fucking grow up and stop putting the burden of your eventual death on others. take a deep breath like an adult and carry on with your life without whining ffs
>>
>>36436806
This is exactly what I'm talking about. I don't see how I'm burdening anyone here, it's not like you have to post. If you're referring to friends and family, I'm going to die at some point anyways. I'd hope they would respect my decision to choose where, when, and how that happens. Nobody is reliant on me and I don't have any real responsibilities. What does it matter if I kill myself when I could easily get hit by a car tomorrow or die any other painful and random way? Will that be any less distressing to my family? I also don't believe that I'm obligated to continue my life for the sole reason of accompanying others for their comfort. All things considered, I fail to see how my death would burden anyone.
>>
>>36436673
>>36436899
Reading this really hurts. My train of thought is almost exactly the same as yours, but this doesn't matter. It still won't give me the push to finally end it. Rationalizing just doesn't seem to cut it, when it comes to suicide. Such is life, I guess
>>
File: image.jpg (505KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505KB, 1600x1600px
>>36436899
>What does it matter if I kill myself when I could easily get hit by a car tomorrow or die any other painful and random way? Will that be any less distressing to my family?
It's like I can feel the teen angst. Listen faggot of you're actually """"depressed"""" and going kill yourself you wouldn't be fretting over it so much. Most people who commit suicide leave no note or anything behind. They're simply too depressed to care anymore and evidently you're not at that point yet and it seems like you won't ever reach it.

So basically
A. You're not depressed enough and you don't want to kill yourself you fuck
Or
B. You just want attention
>>
>>36436993
Have you considered that there's a distinction between premeditated suicide and impulsive suicide? Also, why exactly would I bother to seek attention on an anonymous image board when I could be talking to people who to some extent care about me? If you read my post, you'd see I already answered that question: the answer I'm sure to receive from people like that doesn't help me get anywhere, same as you posting is a waste of both of our time. The point of posting here is to get input from impartial people who couldn't give two fucks about me offing myself. You seem unusually invested, though.
>>
>>36436993
>A. You're not depressed enough and you don't want to kill yourself you fuck
Or maybe he still hasn't reached that point and wants to end it before it gets even worse?
>B. You just want attention
What is wrong with craving attention when you have been denied it your whole life? and ffs this is a fucking uzbekistanian tapestrie discussion forum, what do you care about someone wanting attention?
>>
>>36437043
>You seem unusually invested, though.

I can relate a lot so I'm just sharing my was of thinking hoping it will help. I see myself as pathetic and chicken shit for not being able to do it and I think it will eventually push me to do it
>>
>>36437058
>Or maybe he still hasn't reached that point and wants to end it before it gets even worse?
I will mention that at one point I botched hanging myself. None of the surfaces in my apartment were fit for it. That was under some particularly extreme stress, though. I had just gotten carjacked and lost my job as a result of that. Later I felt like an idiot and vowed that if I attempt suicide again I'd do it right.
>>
>>36437110
>I will mention that at one point I botched hanging myself.
Me too, fucking dozed off when tying a noose, cuz drunk very, very drunk. When I came to I couldn't do it, and ever since then I not only have lost my will to live, but to even fucking die, just pure numbness now
>>
>>36436958
I really wish it did. I listened to the Jonestown mass suicide tapes earlier and was really struck by how steadfast they were in the face of the shit unfolding before them. I think what they did was a stupid reaction to the core problem of the airstrip attack, but I wish part of me could muster the sureness and will to talk myself into doing it when I'm of a "sound mind." Maybe the key is that element of impulsivity, and perhaps I should equip myself so that should the mood strike, I can take advantage of it. I'm not sure how to hide an exit bag from my roommates, and I don't want to die via firearm.
>>
>>36437176
>I don't want to die via firearm
Well, man I was sympathetic, but you can get a gun and still haven't ended it? Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>36437151
For me the only "noose" I had was a belt and I tried using a doorknob to secure it. It kept slipping off and I couldn't get it to sit on my neck to properly restrict airflow. After a bit of fiddling with it one of my roommates came home and I felt too embarrassed to keep going as I really didn't want to explain what I was doing. I just downed some cheap vodka to knock myself out for the night and went to work in the morning trying my best to forget about it. You're right though, something did change that day. It's hard to put my finger on it but it felt like a sense of acceptance that I had no interest in trying anymore.
>>
>>36436673
>Does anyone have any ideas on how to mentally prepare for suicide?

do dissociative drugs. if you have few connections your best bet is probably DXM which you can probably buy at your local pharmacy.
>>
>>36437202
I feel like it's the least I could do for my parents. They're the only people I really care about leaving behind and I don't want them to have to see me with my face blown off. My dad's brother committed suicide by hanging himself and his aunt was murdered in their house, I mostly want to keep my corpse in good condition to reduce whatever emotional trauma that may follow. I also don't like the idea of leaving a mess for someone to clean up. Spreading out tarp and positioning things where people in neighboring apartments won't get potentially harmed by a stray bullet sounds like a real pain.
>>
>>36437279
I have a prescription for Ativan that I take as needed for panic attacks and agoraphobia, every so often I take them to mellow myself out after a rough day. I find they help me look at things much more calmly and objectively, when I take them the idea of death is almost comforting desu.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.