[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inherited my fathers rifle collection. Around 16 various rifles

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: 1471159755406.jpg (88KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
1471159755406.jpg
88KB, 750x563px
Inherited my fathers rifle collection. Around 16 various rifles and shotguns. Some were owned by my grandfather. My brother is holding onto them since he got my dads house and I have to make space to accommodate the giant locker at my place.

I am proud that I am getting my fathers rifle collection, but something crossed my mind the other day

When I am at my lowest, I think the only reason I haven't ended it is because I didnt have an easy means to do it... now I am kinda worried this may put me at risk.

I really want these rifles and I think I am the only member of my family who really appreciates them but I am fearful that I may make a stupid decision with them.

I have a bit of a dilemma on my hands, what should I do?
Off the top of my head, I think a solution would be to not keep any ammunition in my house and only buy ammo when I am going to the range or something? that way if my life is going to shit, at least the drive to the store to buy bullets would give me time to cool off.

dang it
>>
>>36432306
It's not worth the risk, brother. If they are truly yours, sell them.

You wouldn't let a recovering alcoholic near a dozen bottles of whiskey. You should let yourself have access to something that can destroy you.

My suggestion would be to have a relative hold onto the collection until you feel able to keep them yourself, best of both worlds.

I love you.
>>
>>36432427
How do I know when I am ready?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-22-16-21-21.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-22-16-21-21.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
Hey bro we are in the same boat just got all these from my grandfather. I have suicidal thoughts but I love these guns.I'm just going to take the risk of shooting myself or I might ragequit and rodger my way out. I've got pics if you wanna share bro
>>
>>36432306
I don't think that you are giving enough credit to the psychological resistance of suicide. Although you may think to yourself that you would go through with it if you had easy, reliable means, I am willing to bet that another layer of resistance would present itself if you had those means available. I can say from experience that even if it is easy to kill yourself, it is not easy to kill yourself.

It is clear that you value these guns, so I absolutely think that you should take and keep them. I know that I have been attached to my inherited rifles, so I understand that it would probably be less than pleasant to have others hold on to them. Try to have faith in yourself; it will make accepting the guns easier, and it will be purging a negative mantra from your mind.
>>
>>36432784
Man, I love guns. OP, if you kill yourself with one of the guns your pappy gave you, I'll personally find your corpse and fuck it in front of your family. Just only buy ammo when you are gonna go to the range if you think you're that at risk of self harm.
>>
i know how you feel op, honestly if the thought of it too much sell them. i hope you find peace

i get how you feel because i stay on edge around people because i know i cant say what i think and whenever i get mad or frustrated i can start crying and that happend today. my mom was like "thats mental illness rearing its head" and then just made small talk and told me it was because of my blood sugar or something. i told her i was going to my room and she was like "dont do anything to hurt yourself if you killed yourself id be so damn mad. id find you in heaven and beat you" i was just like "why would i do that ever"

honestly though are 00 buckshot rounds enough to make your head explode. would an ambulance be able to save you if it was on stand by? and even if your aim is wrong would it still probably be instant (like wrong place in the head or two far back or too forward? whats the odds of failing?

i am not going to kill myself, but after what she said that made me mad and i just wanted to see what would work
>>
>>36432784
I wish I had some pictures of my fathers collection, last time we went through them all was after my father's estate was being settled a few years ago.

I had a list around here somewhere...
I distinctly remember two lee-enfield jungle carbines and a ten guage single shell shotgun that were my grandfathers.
The rest are various .22's, 12 gauges, 410's, 30-06, 308's and whatnot. I dont remember much distinctly about them. I remember my dad used to come home with a new rifle just because he got a good price for it, I think that's how he accumulated so many.

I remember seeing a few banana clips for the .22's I dont think those are legal in Shit York State.
>>
>>36433019
*magazines
not clips, the hell am I thinking?!
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-22-17-55-13.png (1020KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-22-17-55-13.png
1020KB, 1080x1920px
>>36433019
This is my favorite browning 308
>>
>>36432663
When you stop contemplating suicide
>>
>>36433158
but doesn't everyone contemplate at some point in their lives?
I have never attempted before, but sometimes I have periods of despair and I am merely pondering my chances if I had a rifle in my house.
Like the previous anon said, its not as easy to kill yourself even if you have an easier means to...
>>
>>36433243
I suppose. I've thought about it, but I was never actually worried I would go through with it, no matter how easy. The fact that it's a concern of your leads me to believe you shouldn't have the guns.

If you don't trust yourself to not shoot yourself, even if you're thinking about it, maybe you can't be trusted not to.
>>
>>36433281
That's why I am pondering protective measures.

I want to have the rifles, to maintain them, use them, and appreciate them.

If I keep only the rifles in my house, the closest place that sells ammunition is like a 20 minute drive. I would think that if I were tempted to drive out to the store to buy ammo to harm myself, I would imagine the drive there would clear my head and help me think things through.

Car rides are pretty therapeutic for me anyway.

but I imagine the my prime idea would be to not keep ammo in the house, or like another anon said, just leave it with a relative.
I actually already own a 12 gauge double barrel and I keep it at my friends house since I dont have my own locker and we usually go shooting together anyway.
But I doubt he is gonna let me store 16 rifles at his house. lol
>>
How wouldnyou have to aim for 00 buck shot to kill you instantly? would it be in the mouth agmt 45 degrees back? is buckshot enough to kill even if the shells are like 20-30 years old but are in great shape? wpuld it be an instant death and what are the odds of living ifnyou aimed wrong in the mouth?
>>
dude cool inheritance
>>
File: 1481477965510.jpg (40KB, 417x393px) Image search: [Google]
1481477965510.jpg
40KB, 417x393px
>>36433412
How about an extra lock on the door with a key only your friend has? It would force you to talk to your friend before you can get your guns for any reason.
>>
File: 1442019370267.png (884KB, 1084x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1442019370267.png
884KB, 1084x1080px
>tfw cant own guns because of mental health history
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.