[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/stupid/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

How do you fellow retards cope with not being smart?
I've always been called a "smart kid" growing up and made good grades but once I went off to college , began to painfully realize I wasn't actually smart at all. The reality was that everyone around me was absolutely retarded, and I was just average.

Smart people usually understand things at a lightning fast pace and can get the gist of concepts on their first or second try. Me, it takes me very long long to get familiar with new subjects and even though I will forget them. I struggle with solving puzzles and problems with a logical base.

Im still in college, but every day is a struggle. Most people would have given up by now and dropped out. But I guess I want to hold on to the delusion a little while longer....
>>
>>36411034
Ever made an IQ test? If yes, what was the score?
And I'm not talking about online tests, these have no value.
Not that it has any particular significance
>>
>>36411103
Never took an official IQ test and online IQ are mostly inaccurate.
Ive taken generic ones on the computer out of boredom and scored a 135 just guessing on things I didn't know and skipping questions.
>>
>>36411034
>I've always been called a "smart kid" growing up and made good grades but once I went off to college , began to painfully realize I wasn't actually smart at all.
I realized that when I got a job after college. and then had to do an independent project.

I thought I was smart and had a rather high opinion of myself, but what I found out was that I'm not actually very intelligent, I'm just good at school. I can solve canned problems. I'm good at the "metagaming" part of it, like guessing how assignments are going to be graded, and what things from the material they'll be designed to require. I'm good at taking exams. I can memorize things.

None of this is equivalent to being smart though. I was completely useless when I was given a general goal or problem to solve and told "go figure it out" with no guidance on how I was expected to accomplish it, how it would be evaluated, etc. I'm not creative. I can't come up with solutions on my own. I'm very poor at thinking on my feet. And I realized only after years of college that these qualities, not the ones I actually had, were the ones that predict success in life and that employers look for.
>>
>>36411146
Well at least it probably means you are above average. Not because of the test in itself, but from experience: only smart people usually have these kind of thoughts, and are capable of any form of self-introspection.
it might look like things are hard, and they are for sure: but those who can succeed without working are one in a million, so you don't have to worry about that: just do your best.
Work ultimately pays back, no matter how unfair things might look like.
>>
>>36411167
I can relate to this as well.

I cant think creatively to solve problems in real life situations.
For example, if my boss/manager asked me to move a large object I would actually try to pick it up and carry it, instead of using a tool to make it easier.
Or they said block off an area, I would just stand there and tell people they can't go there, instead of looking in the closet in the same area and pull out some Caution signs
fuck why am m stupid how was I supposed to know that the closet had those signs in there? No one fucking told me that shit fuck you Eric.
The former wastes energy and gives room for injury while the latter is safer, faster and more efficient. That's the kind of stuff I usually don't put much thought into, and as a result it makes me feel like a idiot upon reflection.
I sometimes can, but for most problems if Im put in charge of a project I usually choke so im just satisfied with taking orders from someone else.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.