[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High functioning alcoholics of /r9/, how do you do it? How do

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: C2H6O.jpg (14KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
C2H6O.jpg
14KB, 600x434px
High functioning alcoholics of /r9/, how do you do it?

How do you mask the smell of your breath?
How to you manage to act normal?
>>
I'm a school bus driver, kids usually can't tell if your drunk
>>
Only drink at night.
Brush/mouthwash teeth.
Only drink at night
Manage how many drinks I have a week.
Basically only drink 30 drinks a week a week you will be fine.
>>
>>36408774
Holy shit
how the fuck are you getting away with this?
>>
>>36408798
Yeah once you start day drinking it can go down hill fast. I almost slipped up at my old job and could have lost it.

Putting it off until the night actually gave me more motivation to do work instead of laying around the office. Time goes faster when you're busy so it feels like you can drink again sooner.
>>
I hit my flask, then chew some gum. As for acting normal? Drunk IS my normal,
>>
>>36408774
loooool, please kill all the children you drive pls
>>
>>36408988
I don't get it. Is being sober really that unbearable for you? Is it a boredom thing?
>>
>>36408798

>This desu

Currently on my 5th beer, considering stopping.
>>
Dude. Guys. I am literally a destructive alcoholic. I cannot go a day without my stomach feeling like I have the flu because of how much I drank last night. Do not get addicted to booze. I am no one, I am an addict. Don't drink and if you need to, schedule 1 night a week to do it. Trust me. I will die from alcohol.
>>
>>36408825
Because I don't drink till I black out, I drink till I'm buzzed
>>
>>36409022

Lots of times, constant gum-chewing, besides being obnoxious, is a telltale sign someone is an alcoholic because they think they're fooling people
>>
>>36409070

5 is plenty...6 won't be enough. That's my guess.
>>
>>36409103
>tfw always acting and sounding like filthy frank at work because I think it'll be funny (and lack my own personality)

Do my co-workers suspect I'm an alcoholic?
(I'm not)
>>
>>36409048
I think it's the first one because when I drink all my worries and paranoia go away. I've built up a persona with everyone around me that I'm not a 25 year old virgin and that my life is way different than it actually is. Unfortunately it has involved excessive lying and manipulation which gets to me a little when I'm sober. I can't say it hasn't helped me career wise though. Drinking helps get me away from it all.
>>
I act the same whether i'm drunk or sober, so that part is easy. Masking the smell is just a matter of deodorant, mouthwash, brushing my teeth(gums, i have no teeth lol,) powdering my nuts, and using some sort of scented spray. I personally can't smell anything but I'm always told I smell nice when I go to work by my co-workers.

I keep a stealthy flask in my lunchbag along with my diabetic supplies so I can keep my buzz going throughout the day. During lunchbreak I go buy a pint somewhere and refill the flask to finish the day and actually eat lunch when i'm done topping off. Since I'm diabetic I can use the bathroom as much as I want and nobody says shit about it since they think i'm just checking my sugar when i'm really taking a shot or two and freshening my breath with a bit of mint spray.

Been doing this for 15 years at this place. Funny thing is I don't go to office parties because i'd get so fucking shitfaced and I don't want to be 'that guy' at work even though i'm already 'that guy' but in stealth mode.
>>
>>36409143
Very Correct, ended up drinking 8 tonight
>>
File: 1467326574103.jpg (282KB, 1273x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1467326574103.jpg
282KB, 1273x1024px
>>36409146
>>tfw always acting and sounding like filthy frank at work because I think it'll be funny (and lack my own personality)
stop doing that
>>
>>36408774
fucking based bus driver
get wrecked and drive those little shits around
>>
>>36409403
holy shit are you me (besides the diabeetus) damn
>>
>>36408730
High functioning human here, not to be confused with an alcohol.

I drink on occassion and when I feel sick and when it would help (not to be confused with acohol withdrawal)
>>
>>36409095
This is a meme or the same retard.

I've seen the drunk school bus driver posts for years. If it's the same retard he's in a southern state.
>>
>>36409103
>tfw former fatty and constantly chew gum to stop myself binge eating
>>
>>36408730
why would i mask the smell? i never leave my room except to take a shit once in a while
>>
Used to drink daily. Gained a lot of weight so I cut it down to weekends. I know people that drink all day every day white eating full meals and are skellies. Lucky bastards.
>>
File: 1491718727998.jpg (39KB, 479x377px) Image search: [Google]
1491718727998.jpg
39KB, 479x377px
I've been using the drinking at night tactic but I get so hung over in the morning I sleep until like 1pm. (need to get better at this) I want to know how to motivate myself to start my routine earlier.

I've learned a few things after being caught over and over again and am still not perfect. Shower with a luffa and scrub real good. I think the hardest part is my bloodshot eyes, I'm a glasses pleb so I say I left my contacts in over night, can't use that one all the time though.

Next is breath, damn them lungs trying to expel my vodka, I swallow some mints and brush my teeth, then I try and throw anything down my gullet before someone talks to me in the morning. (coffee is great) Some days are just to hard to get anything down though.

I've picked up that fancy spray deodorant which seems to help. Even after this routine I'm still paranoid what people are thinking sitting beside me.

Lastly I guess I have a hard time with is my mood. I cannot act normal, something is always off and I just make social situations as quick as possible.
>>
>>36408730
Drink during my free time until blackout. I always try to have at least one day between work and more work to do so. I usually could get more by drinking at night after work plus the next day. I think they may be onto something, because I was already asked twice if I was drinking before job.
>>
ill do you a favor rn, try meth
>>
File: 1471890134589.jpg (149KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471890134589.jpg
149KB, 530x600px
>tfw drive better when drunk
>>
>>36412587
There is a certain amount of alcohol that I drink that makes me drive better, just after being buzzed. When I get drunk I can keep the car in my lane but you can tell I'm drunk due to small swerving
>>
File: 1489413651694.png (180KB, 358x459px) Image search: [Google]
1489413651694.png
180KB, 358x459px
>>36412587
I'm better at everything when I'm buzzed. I'm quantifiably better at vidya when I have a few beers. Of course I've done extensive testing of this.

2 beers about does it. I'm fat too.
>>
>>36408730
>tfw binge drinking has become a regular thing for me

Not high functioning in any sense but it's still worrying. I'm always craving a drink and then go all out.
>>
File: 1469008455223.png (240KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1469008455223.png
240KB, 576x432px
>>36408730
I use to starve myself after lunch for a better drunk high. I would get off work and buy a few Carls Jr. Hamburgers then go home and drink large amounts of cheap whiskey. When I was drunk for at least 2 hours I would chow down then pass out on the floor. Woke up with the shower water running across my face one early morning with half my body sticking out of the shower and knew then I had a serous problem. Been off the sauce for about 3 months now and feel pretty good about it. Felt like death before I quit booze but I still miss it from time to time. Nobody at work knew about my problem. I mainly keep to myself.
>>
I wish I could do it, but I just can't.

The only thing stopping me from full-blown alcoholism is lack of money. As soon as I get a decent income, I'd blow it all on booze right away. It's not pretty. I drink, and I don't fucking stop. Last pay I got through 9 liters of wine in just under two days.
>>
>>36409312

Fuck, I can relate to this.
>>
>>36413096
Ever thought of getting help?
>>
Why did you get addicted to alcohol? Alcohol is such a shit tier drug. Drinking is less effective than other drugs for lowering inhibitions. Drinking makes you feel sick after drinking too much. Drinking has a terrible comedown (hangover).

I can't criticize as my dad is borderline alcoholic but I'll never understand whats so appealing about alcohol.

In my opinion Phenibut + Kratom + Weed is a much better life. It has variety. It has anxiety lowering attributes. It has depression lowering attributes. I don't know. It's always been my impression alcoholics just don't realize there are options. Growing up all they had was alcohol so that's the drug they got addicted to.

You guys have the internet. Why not pick something better?
>>
>>36409312
The more depressing thing is they probably see through you but are just polite and dont call you out on your lies
>>
I used to be a fullblown alcoholic and addicted to a ton of drugs.
Thank god it was only a psychological thing or I could have never imrpoved myself.
4 years of drinking at least 6 beers a day combinated with smoking weed, taking amphetamines, shrooms and other shit nearly daily aswell really fucked with my brain.
Now I mainly drink in the evenings, it still often ends up with me being shitfaced, and can get through a day without a buzz.
The wantinf of the buzz is kinda what keeps me going, it's how I reward myself for a good day of working.
Sadly I started smokin weed like once a week and popping some pills or snorting coke once a week as well. My resistance is so low, one snort keeps me going for a few hours so I don't start doing it more often.
>>
>>36413429
By starting coke and pills aswell I mean again.
Tge craving isn't too big so I can keep it to once a week. I don't even know why I do those drugs, there is no reason, I just do them
>>
I'm an airline pilot, passengers can't tell how hammered you are because you don't have to be around them
>>
>>36413528
Nice try. Airline pilots are tested with a breathalyzer before flying.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.