[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was your college experience like?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: paying-for-college.jpg (642KB, 1833x1638px) Image search: [Google]
paying-for-college.jpg
642KB, 1833x1638px
What was your college experience like?
>>
>>36408593
lonely. high school was a lot better surprisingly.
>>
>>36408613
Did you dorm?
>>
>>36408593
In a word: drifting. I went to my classes and went home. I talked to people and was sociable but my lack of extracurricular activities has left me with regrets.
>>
>>36408634
no, that may have been the problem.
>>
>>36408593
Totally worthless. I didn't learn a thing I couldn't have learned from far cheaper books at an actual bookstore, didn't get any actual experience, and any "references" I got were ones that anyone there also got so they were worthless. It was expensive on time and money with no real benefit. I wish I went to trade school instead.
>>
absolutely fucking awful

I would go into detail but why bother
>>
File: 1488232453799.png (4KB, 408x455px) Image search: [Google]
1488232453799.png
4KB, 408x455px
Constant studying and lonely Friday nights since I needed to maintain a 3.5 GPA for scholarships

I have a pretty decent job now because of it so whatever. I wish the "college experience" meme would die off, you're spending 20k a year to learn, not party you stupid shits
>>
I was bullied constantly
>>
>>36408749
What field of study?
>>
>>36408689
Well what the fuck did you study?

>>36408749
What did you study and how much are you earning as of now?
>>
>>36408593
Year 3 for me, dropped out of all classes this semester because I just didn't care anymore. Stopped showing up to classes and got incredibly behind. The last straw was when I called out of work in February to catch up on school the whole day and I hadn't made a dent as I was still sitting at the table the next day at 4am, with class all day in a few hours. I just said fuck it and dropped everything. Going back during summer and resuming normal attendance in fall and onward.

I hate it so much. I hate the workload, I hate the people, I hate everything. Haven't talked to a single person other than one very sociable guy who I casually talked to in two classes a few semesters back. The fact that some people give me funny looks also angers me. I don't know why.
>>
A complete waste of time and money. I really, deeply regret not going to tradeschool or just going straight to work
>>
>>36408810
Started out with "Cisco Networking", switched to computer programming. No fluff here.

Could have gone to a trade school and got the Networking certification (!) in the same time it took me to change my mind on the degree. The certification was the actually important part, too.

LEarned the ahrd way that porfolio/experience is everythin on computer programming. Nobody wants a fresh out of college graduate. If I had spent the time actually making stuff with a book from any bookstore out there instead of going to college my chances of getting hired would have been much, much better.
>>
>>36408814
Brah, do I know you? Are you in STEM by any chance?
>>
>>36408810
>>36408778
Mechanical engineering, boring I know

70k currently
>>
>>36408941
I really doubt that, but yes, I am a CS major.
>>
File: iguana_sockpuppet.jpg (13KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
iguana_sockpuppet.jpg
13KB, 480x480px
>>36408593
Still in college, I expected to have lost my virginity by now.
>>
>>36408963
>Mechanical engineering, boring I know
what do you do?
>>
>>36410317
please describe. i wanna major in this but im not sure if i would like it.
>>
>>36408749
Have you actually lived life yet or do you just work all the time
>>
2 years commuting to community colledge
2 years commuting to shitty state college

took all my classes on tues/thurs if possible and pulled 12 hour days. Worth it to enable to crippling WoW addiction. (Vanilla/TBC days so was actually fun). Was easier than high school, but had bullshit economics degree, never had homework or studied.

Never tried to make a friend or talk to people.

Probably the best 4 years of my life if i'm being honest.
>>
>>36410271
Do you put yourself out there?
>>
>>36408593
A drunken haze. I've got a masters now and moved country to look for work.
>>
>>36408593
My fucking roommate won't go to sleep.
Fuck off Gabe. Some of us have 8 AMs
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.