[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I have a mental illness? >Look at something I need to remember.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1234.jpg (25KB, 515x600px) Image search: [Google]
1234.jpg
25KB, 515x600px
Do I have a mental illness?
>Look at something I need to remember. (A number of a gas pump for example.)
>Let's say it was 8
>Go inside to pay with cash
>Remember the number 8 in my head
>Don't trust it
>Walk to the window to look at which pump my car was at
>It's 8
>Walk back
>Still doubt it was 8
>Decide to "take a chance" and say it was 8 anyways
This happens to me a lot in many different ways. One time I literally walked back and forth 8 times to remember a short word that was on a crate at work. It's like I don't trust my own brain. I think it has something to do with knowing anything is possible.
Am I just simply retarded?
>>
Nigger that's called shit memory
>>
You have brain fog from cranking out 8 loads to manga every day. PS people can smell it.
>>
>>36406283
Sounds like OCD m8, I do the same thing. I don't trust myself and constantly check things. I also have obsessive thoughts. It's absolute hell, I'll probably end up killing my self.
>>
>>36406283

I've got the same thing
I just tried to trust my short-term-memories more, just going with it. When you realize your memory was right along anyways and your brain gets the positive feedback you will slowly gain more confidence in your own decisions and stop doubting simple things (like doubting which gas pump you used)

And no, you don't have a mental illness, you're just to cautious about your short term memory/your memory in general. It will eventually go away if you stop checking several times to see if you're actually remembering it correctly
>>
>>36406283
That happens to me also OP. I'm ADHD so I take adderall and vyvance all the time, but whenever I doubt my self all the time.

>Walking down dorm hallway while naked
>look at my phone
>it reads 1:14 am
>look behind me and start running to my room cause I'm scared shitless
>run into my room and lock the door and turn on all of my lights
>close windows and shutters
>go to sleep
>>
>>36406283
Everything is possible OP but it's not all possible at once. What you see is hat you get most of the time so learn to trust your eyes more. Unless that is you're schizophrenic.

This sounds a lot like OCD to me though. Further a repitive thought forcing you to act against your better judgement is a disorder and doesn't make you retarded.
>>
>>36406283
That's OCD, it's like being paranoid that you left the stove on even though you checked a million times already.
>>
>>36406283
"And the number is 35"
35 35 35 thirty five thirty five thirty five three and five DON'T YOU FUCKING FORGET IT 35353535 NOBODY FUCKING LOOK AT ME OR MAKE ME THINK! FUUUUCK WHAT WAS THE NUMBER AGAIN???
>>
Executive dysfunction. It's hell. I've got it so bad that people ask if I was in a car accident or something.
>>
use memo
>>
You've definitely got something, see a shrink.
>>
File: IMG_1306.png (216KB, 568x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1306.png
216KB, 568x590px
>>36406589
>tfw have exactly this

Are you me? Just kill us both please I can't take this shit anymore.
>>
>>36406994
Now imagine back when people didn't even have writing technology.
They literally remembered everything and passed it generation to generation.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.