[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do I look so much better in the mirror than photos?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

Why do I look so much better in the mirror than photos? Which one is correct?
>>
The mirror, that's what your eyes see in real life dumbass. Photos can be saturated or focused badly which can make anyone look bad.
>>
>>36402631
Your brain does this mental trick that convinces yourself that you look better than you actually do. I feel like I was in a thread about this one-time and someone posted a study.
>>
>>36402631
Doesnt matter because really its about how others percieve you
>>
The mirror is how you are used to seeing yourself so when you see images of yourself that are not mirrored (like photos) your brain is all wtf I don't like this
Vsauce did something about this
>>
>>36402631
When you look at yourself in the mirror you can do adjustments on the fly to get yourself to look better, from the angle to posture to gesture. Photos are who you really look - ugly.
>>
>>36402631
Lenses, angles etc in photos distort your image. The mirror is the real you. Usually I'd meme you into believing the opposite but I'm feeling nice tonight,
>>
Your brain is wired to see you as more attractive than you are so what you see in the mirror is a lie
Photos don't trigger that self defense mechanism and force you to confront what you really look like
>>
you look like you do in photos, but not ones you take yourself. it needs to be taken for a few feet away with a good lens, preferably with other people in it for perspective
>>
A mirror is the most realistic expectation of a look you can get from yourself. It's how you look to other people.

The human brain perceives images through two channels, both of your eyes. Together it creates a full image with depth perception, etc.

Cameras only have one eye. Depending on the lens' size you can either look gorgeous or hideous. Lighting and atmosphere can also completely change your appearance wheras you'll still look same in reality.

Mirrors are how you really look. There's a reason why lingerie models are all mediocre looking lanky weirdos in real life, because they only look good on camera.
>>
File: truemirror.jpg (43KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
truemirror.jpg
43KB, 360x270px
>>36402631
Unfortunately mirrors are the liars. To see the truth in a mirror, you're going to have to set them up into a non reversing fashion. Basically what you do is set up two mirrors at a 90 degree angle to each other and then look directly into the corner they create and look into the 2 reflections of the mirrors that mirrors create. You'll notice you look quite a bit different to what you've been seeing all this time.
>>
The real answer is neither, only video will give you a true perspective of yourself.
>>
I've heard that when you look in the mirror your brain perceive that you look 5x better than you really are
>>
File: 13rfghj.jpg (20KB, 329x357px) Image search: [Google]
13rfghj.jpg
20KB, 329x357px
i look shit in pictures and i hate it but the fact that a stacey once had a crush on me relieves it.
>>
>>36402631
Everyone has body dysmorphia to an extent, the way you perceive yourself affects how you see yourself.
>>
>>36402631
i look in bath water to get a real image
>>
>>36402631
It's because you're seeing the reverse of what you see in the mirror when you see a picture, and if you have an asymmetrical face like me, it causes a pretty big difference.
>>
>>36402665
My brain is malfunctioning then because I look like shit.
>>
>>36402631
Photos of course.
>>
>>36404655
i dont know about that, cause I think I look a lot better in video than photos too, and theyre still reversed right?
>>
>>36402826
This. I felt I was kinda average then at a hotel restroom mirrors aligned like this.
>God I'm fucking awful
>>
The mirror lies, especially the bathroom mirror where the bright light right in front of your face hides most imperfections. And the image you see is inverted ffs, this shouldn't even had to be pointed out. Your real face is the one you see in photos/videos, same as your real voice is the one you hear in recordings.
>>
>>36402631
If you flip the image in your mirror, it's the most accurate. Photos are heavily dependent on lighting and the type of lens used. Also, people in real life see you in motion, not completely still like in photos.
>>
>>36402631
>think I look decent in mirrors, at least 5/10
>look horrible in pictures
>post pics in threads
>rated 3/10

Really kills any hope I have.
>>
I have really skinny wrists. I'm pretty much a skeletal, but I when I look at my arms through the mirror they look passable. When I look down at my wrists I feel like a fucking holocaust survivor. Is the mirror what people see, or is it what I see when I look down?
>>
Im just tryna get you out the friendzone cause you look even better than the photos
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.