[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't there based serial killers anymore? It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: sex_robot.jpg (83KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
sex_robot.jpg
83KB, 500x625px
Why aren't there based serial killers anymore? It's all mass shooters these days. Why can't mentally ill people put in a little more effort? Is it because they want instant gratification, so they can't just kill 25 people over the course of 15 years, they just shoot up a school instead?
>>
I really want to be one honestly. Every waking moment i want to but i just dont have the resources to do something like that.
>>
>>36373665
Also it's become a lot harder, hasn't it. I mean with security cameras watching your every step and all. You can't even buy a fucking bar of chocolate without someone recording you.
>>
>>36373603
We live in a society of 'likes' and instant gratification.
>>
>>36373603
Serial killing takes intelligence and the ability to plan. As you may have noticed, most of the recent mass shooters haven't been the sharpest knives in the drawer. There also could be plenty of serial killers running around unnoticed because of who they choose to kill. There's someone kidnapping black/Hispanic girls in the Northeast somewhere but no one really talks about that.
>>
>>36373603
What if they are so good that no one can find them?
>>
>>36373603
I've read somewhere there are a certain number of active serial killers at once in the us, but most don't use MOs anymore, they just pick people up and kill em then dump em. No cool zodiac Shit.
>>
>>36373603
There are serial killers you just don't hear about them. It's pretty easy for them to get away with it too. A lot of them just run over people and leave the scene. There was a sniper in Arizona whobdidnt get caught a couple of years ago.
>>
>>36373758
>Serial killing takes intelligence and the ability to plan
Average serial killer has an IQ of 89. Randomly targeting people is very effective
>>
>>36373828
>A lot of them just run over people and leave the scene.
That's very low effort serial killing desu. Where is dignity?
>>
>>36373871
It still takes some level of planning and intelligence to kill that many people and not be caught. They may be Rainmen.
>>
>>36373734
Thats why i want to just live in the red wood forest. No cameras,just me and whatever animal decides to track and kill me. Tennessee sucks ass and if i had the money i would have moved out by now.
>>
>>36373734
there's probably some random black guy in Chicago who has 10 kills
>>
File: ak nigel.jpg (53KB, 480x462px) Image search: [Google]
ak nigel.jpg
53KB, 480x462px
>>36373991
l m a o

also, no one has mentioned nigel's secret genocides and assassinations?
>>
File: IMG_7308.png (334KB, 383x553px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7308.png
334KB, 383x553px
>>36373603
The Columbine effect.

Shooters are (forgive the phrasing) in it for attention. Unlike people who kill themselves, shooters do it for brand recognition, to make a point. Dylan and Eric wanted to kill because they wanted to leave their mark on history, and the idea that you can do that by killing a ton of people at once and let the media do the rest has echoed across the years. Social Media really only makes it worse.

Serial Killers aren't as prominent because, they WANT to fly under the radar as much as possible, even though little calling cards that they have tend to shine through. The less evidence, the more they can get away with.
>>
>>36373942
Gary Ridgeway had an IQ of 85. He killed more people than any serial killer in America. To be honest most crimes are easy to get away with. Average rapist and burgular is never caught even in this age. There's going to come a day when privacy literally doesn't exist and cops will just mind read though. That's when crime ceases to exist at all
>>
I just wish there were less school shooter because it'd be nice to continue liking firearms...
>>
File: 4fGVV61rsPT0s.gif (806KB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
4fGVV61rsPT0s.gif
806KB, 245x160px
>>36374072
>That's when crime ceases to exist at all
What a life it will be
>>
>>36374167
You realize thoughtcrime will be a thing? You'll get prison time for not worshipping the great world leader.
>>
>>36374072
He had an iq of *82
FTFY
>>
>>36373603
Advanced in forensics and the ubiquitous nature of cameras/recording devices nowadays means its way harder to get away with murdering one person, let alone a series of murders. The prevalence of "one-and-done" mass shootings are an adaptation to this, doing the most damage possible in one incident knowing you'll either die or get caught immediately.
There are still serial killers around though, like the I-70 guy who has evaded identification and arrest for years and serial murders in the less developed world still occur due to lack or lack in quality of forensic science
>>
>>36374282
Niggers in Chicago are killing without any jail time. If the cops don't catch the guy in 48 hours they usually won't ever find them
>>
>>36374415
Yeah but there is no pride in killing some low life niggers. It's like hunting for deer or rabbits. It's not even murder at this point.
>>
>>36374415
>chiraq
Like I said, murders with impunity are still a serious issue in the third-world
>>
>>36374459
Serial killers who run over their victims almost never get caught. Lots of well valued people die that way. I think there was even a gang that told it's members to kill people with cars or trucks. Also stand your ground
>>
>>36374240
Literally just 1984
>>
>>36374564
Are you implying gang members don't have cars?
>>
File: 1483838216826.jpg (21KB, 276x395px) Image search: [Google]
1483838216826.jpg
21KB, 276x395px
>>36373603
Serial killing was a fad spurned by the media. Now it's mass murder that gets all the media attention and thus what occurs now. Also with all the crime shows and the like I suppose most think they couldn't get as much out of it before being caught so they resort to instant gratification things like spree killing/mass murder
>>36373665
Nah most serial killers are nignogs and they are like a standard deviation below your iq maybe two
>>
>>36375485
sorry may have phrased that poorly
serial killers still exist except not at levels seen earlier
of course this could partly be due to the steady drop in crime levels
racially serial killers now are mostly blacks in gangs and there is nothing in that the media can glorify
of course serial killers exist but they are much more low key now, I suppose mass availability of information taught them not to do dumb shit like kill the same victim type with the same means in the same area and its harder to even know if there is a serial killer
>>
File: minority_report.jpg (53KB, 508x755px) Image search: [Google]
minority_report.jpg
53KB, 508x755px
>>36374072
This makes me think of Minority Report. I fucking hate this nonsensical movie. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Confused Matthew gave a great review of it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.