[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you live in a small town, robots? I was just going through

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 8

File: 1491165745652m.jpg (60KB, 548x309px) Image search: [Google]
1491165745652m.jpg
60KB, 548x309px
Do you live in a small town, robots? I was just going through google maps hunting for cozy towns in the Midwest US. Post if you do live in one and where. Describe it if you want, tell us all about it!
>>
Niigger do you want to become a towns Boo Radley?
>>
File: 1467412588888.jpg (821KB, 1075x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1467412588888.jpg
821KB, 1075x1409px
>>36350924
I live in the city now but I grew up in a small town in texas of <2500 people, it was pretty shit really the kind of dead end place no one ever really gets out of
>everyone was related
>had 3 generations of math teacher in the HS
>school bully's mother was a teacher and her brother was principal so he never go in trouble
>had a teacher that had been paddled by another teacher there when he was a kid then came back to teach
>pregnancy rate got to be high enough it made the news
>outside of school town itself was shit and had nothing
>had a dollar store, a smoke shop, a tiny grocery store, about 3 fast food places and a diner everyone hung out at
>multiple churches that were far too big for how many people the town had
>had to drive over an hour to do any decent shopping or anything really
As a kid it was pure hell but I get the feeling that's just because I was heavily bullied and the whole town hated me, now as I get older I can kind of see the appeal of moving to a small town like it and opening a diner, passing the days slowly talking about the local gossip
>>
File: 1477781302872.jpg (12KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
1477781302872.jpg
12KB, 221x221px
>tfw no one else wants to talk about how shit the countryside is
>>
Is there a link for that robot map?
>>
>>36351338
I'm assuming because of your pic you watch anime. Are you the only person in that town who watches anime?
>>
this thread is interesting show me small towns i wanna get out of the city
>>
>>36350924
Who here /suburbiamasterrace/?
>perfect middle ground between expensive, loud, dangerous city and inconvenient, desolate, boring countryside
>>
>>36351338
Name of the town? I wanna check it out, sounds cozy.
>>
File: 1491494783408.png (564KB, 623x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491494783408.png
564KB, 623x720px
>>36352324
>Are you the only person in that town who watches anime?
Nah there were 3 other people I knew that watched anime, one was into naruto and other toonami plebshit, a girl who was into otome and romance stuff and one other guy who was 2 years ahead of me who was really into it like me

>>36352673
I don't want anyone calling me out it was a tiny town but I know at least a few people from there posted on 4chan regularly
>>
>>36352776
aw alright. I really just wanted to see the town.
>>
>>36350924
I live in a small town of <2500. According to the census, my town is 97% white. Most people know each other or each others' family names.

It is filled with old farmers and retirees. People come here to die. There isn't a lot to do, so I drink a lot and play on the Internet when I am not working. I do not like the city very much even though it's only 30 minutes away. Everything feels too busy and I get overwhelmed with the stress of driving sometimes. I do like to go fast on the highways though.

On the entrance to the town, there is a fanatic's broken down pickup truck which is painted with various christian propaganda (Repent, Hellfire will rain on sinners, and other things.) Other than that, there is a small post office which does little more than deliver mail. I have to travel quite a ways to deal with the DMV and it is a pain to take a day off to do so.

Today, I went outside to clear the tree branches off my power lines and my older neighbor was working on building a shed for his grandkids. They're nice, but a bit noisy, as all kids are. We're getting fiber optics soon so I waved at the nice mexican contractors who were digging up my yard before I left for the day.

Life is pretty good, but I do not fit in very well. I am the black sheep whenever I go outside due to my appearance (tall, bulky, long hair, beard) and my reserved personality. I try not to dress unkemptly though. A lot of the older ladies are visibly cautious of me before they know me, and it hurts my feelings a bit, but I don't blame them too much. I don't participate in religion so it is hard to meet people.

I don't think I'm going to be able to live here forever. This state's economy is not very good and it is hard to make money unless you're in the aircraft manufacturing industry. I would like to go to somewhere a bit more rural like North Dakota some day.

I don't want to say my town's name, but if you search hard enough, you may be able to find it or something like it.
>>
>>36352923
Is it anything at all like the stereotype? Are people inbred and super conservative?
>>
File: 1491770596630.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491770596630.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
>>36350924
>rural german area that would be considered as a suburb in the US
>refugee center in the old post office
>more Muslims than Catholics, almost 90 percent protestants
>one big grammar school for the whole region and a comprehensive school, which is full with turks and basically low-class children
>city is separated in the poor north with apartment buildings and a "rich" south, where all the people buy their houses with money they don't really have
>the sirname of a neighborhoods mayor is literally Trump
>Tumps roots are in a village 10 miles away
>>
>>36352957
There are some areas where I can hear the banjos playing if I go out of town, but no, there's not much white trash. Most people here are lower middle class economically.

Politically, most people align socially liberal and fiscally conservative. Nobody really cares what you do behind your own doors as long as you don't bother other people. Religious people are usually single issue voters due to abortion.
>>
File: SHAGGY SHAG.jpg (5KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
SHAGGY SHAG.jpg
5KB, 250x140px
>>36352229
>tfw noone else enjoys living in the countryside
>>
File: ayy.jpg (20KB, 105x105px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
20KB, 105x105px
>>36352923
I live in a similiar place only it's a village instead of a town; Instead of just religious it's pro-protestant and it is known by the rest of the country for its incest and high amount of paramilitiary members. People often call it "incest capital of the world" , _ ,
>>
>>36353433
My town is mostly Methodist. Most of them are very mellow, pleasant people. We do have Baptist crazies though.

I'm sorry about your gun nuts. There are not a lot of them here. Most people find it rude to open carry, and I'll only hear shots on Saturday mornings from the range.

If I go 20 miles east, there's a town with skinheads & people open carrying revolvers at 2 in the afternoon though.
>>
File: doggo.png (254KB, 610x396px) Image search: [Google]
doggo.png
254KB, 610x396px
>>36353830
Not really actual "soldiers" as such more just people whos only goal in life is to join them or march in a band; the only good thing about them is that they have no tolerance for drug dealers whatsoever. Only noise i could complain about would be the occasional obnoxious playing of a lambeg.
Same as you though; the half where I live is just nice old ladies and racist old men, so not the worst.
>>
>dutch village of 460 ppl
>people are literally dying as we speak, shits dying out here
>big touristy place at times, lotta germans here
>twin village with 2 names
>no shops and only a pub and a cafe here
>/comfy/, live near a dyke
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.