[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will baldness ever be considered fashionable/attractive? Will

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 35

File: bronson1_4357.jpg (30KB, 333x323px) Image search: [Google]
bronson1_4357.jpg
30KB, 333x323px
Will baldness ever be considered fashionable/attractive? Will we have our day, baldbros?

It sounds unlikely but hipsters have made all these things fashionable that used to not be
>wearing glasses, even though it used to be considered nerdy
>being skinny, as opposed to big and strong
>being effeminate
>dressing like a faggot
>there's even a fat acceptance movement

Baldness is the one thing left that ruins you for life and makes you never have a chance. Will that ever change
>>
>>36315831
Anything can be fashionable if you have a handsome face
>>
>>36315831
Baldness is a selected trait. It only exists because women preferred bald men throughout the entire stone age, because bald men were older and higher-status, so it was attractive to women at the time.

Also, girls with bald dads love bald guys.

Also, get fit so you look like vin diesel
>>
>>36315831
Baldness can be attractive with the right face and /fit/ness, if you're fat baldness is the least of your problems
>>
The right guys can pull it off

Its been fashionable since the mid 90's
>>
>>36315831
he's not bald you can see the follicles
>>
>>36315831
Just like being short balding is a sign of poor inherited genetics. Women will instinctively chose a mate with good genetics.

Tell yourself this : will being short ever be fashionable?
>>
Grow a mustache, wear problem glasses, get a tumblr, and everyone will flock to you.
>>
Being big and strong is making a comeback. Just go Jason statham mode
>>
>>36315831
baldness is attractive if you're muscular and/or can grow a beard
>>
>>36316069
>>36316082
>just like short people try to compensate their lack of height with muscle balding man compensate their lack of hair with muscle
I kekd
>>
File: Riff_Raff.jpg (142KB, 506x750px) Image search: [Google]
Riff_Raff.jpg
142KB, 506x750px
>>36315860
Yeah but if you don't have a handsome face, baldness will fucking ruin you. Even if you get /fit/ you still will be a joke to other people because you're the bald ugly guy.

But all these other things like wearing glasses or looking like a twink are fashionable. Hairfags take their hair for granted and it's not fair. They don't realize how lucky they are.

You don't know the meaning of misery unless you go bald in your late teens/early 20s. You're a fucking freak.
>>
File: 1312958073001.png (47KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1312958073001.png
47KB, 645x773px
It will never be attractive to the women who matter, Asians.
>>
>>36315909
What if you're /fit/ and bald and you still look like shit

If you have an ugly face, or even just an average face and you go bald, it's game over. Muscles won't help you.
>>
>>36316189
just find something else to do with your life. attracting a mate is obviously out of the question because even if someone liked you, you're probably too busy hating yourself to notice
>>
>>36316233
i can confirm this. i am reasonably muscular, however my mediocre facial aesthetics combined with my male pattern baldness have rendered me undesirable to the majority of women out there.
it's just the way it is. i still enjoy working out for the fun of it, but i have no delusions about attracting pretty girls
>>
>Have my hair long all my life
>It's always been thick and full
>Comfiest way to be since it's so familiar
>Starting to bald in early twenties

Is this how suicidal depression starts?
>>
File: 1477018203819.jpg (106KB, 726x1139px) Image search: [Google]
1477018203819.jpg
106KB, 726x1139px
>>36316370
You want to know true pain anon? I had a NW3 hairline by the time I graduated high school.
>>
>>36316370
Try starting at 17. If I can get over it so can you.
>>
>>36316370
it depends on if you've got other things to live for. I weep for the days when my receding hairline was my sole concern in life. I am approaching my mid 30s and my shit is beyond fucked up now.
>>
File: 1475789004196.jpg (75KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1475789004196.jpg
75KB, 440x660px
>>36316273
You're failing to see the full scope of the problem. Attracting a mate is only one small part of it. It's so much more than that.

When you're an ugly bald guy (especially at a young age) you can forget about ever being respected by anyone. You're a fucking joke. People treat you differently. They're grossed out by you. You're a freak. They will never take you seriously or like you. If you make a mistake, they go harder on you and are less likely to forgive you.

It's dehumanizing. It's degrading to your sense of self worth. You're not a real person. You are garbage.

You might even get accused of being a neo Nazi.
>>
>>36315831
If you're a big guy with decent facial aesthetics (or can at least grow a beard), you can pull it off

If you're a manlet or have an ugly face (or can't grow a beard), game over
>>
File: 15577303412352431229.jpg (120KB, 1200x507px) Image search: [Google]
15577303412352431229.jpg
120KB, 1200x507px
>>36315831
>pic related

But yeah, if your face is hit, gettin' jacked brah ain't gonna help.
>>
>>36316370
I know that feel.

Recently started rogaine, and going on finasteride soon. Wish me luck
>>
>>36316417
>I had a NW3 hairline by the time I graduated high school.
I'm currently with an NW3 vertex, but I'm 37, so I really don't give a shit. My face isn't so bad, once it's so thin on top that it looks stupid, I'll start buzzing it off.
>>
>>36316417
>>36316471
Feels like a part of me is being forcefully taken away. I don't even care how I look to others, I'm ugly regardless of my hair. That part I've gotten over years ago.

>>36316475
I've been working on the other things. Trying at least. Now was really not the best time for this shit to start happening.

>>36316577
Tell me how to save my locks fellow long haired bro.
>>
>>36316483
i understand what it's like being an ugly bald guy, anon. i've been one for the past 13 years or so. what i was clumsily trying to say is that you can still keep yourself busy with other things, maybe develop a skill that could garner some respect from your peers (not women, of course). sure it won't lead to happiness, not in the traditional sense at least, but at least it will keep you sane and focused.

>You might even get accused of being a neo Nazi.
well, I'm borderline shitskin, so at least I don't have to worry about that.
>>
File: 1477022002253.jpg (44KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
1477022002253.jpg
44KB, 600x610px
>in church Sunday school class this morning
>class hasn't started yet, people are making small talk
>some of the girls start talking about hair and how young bald guys are so gross
>they start laughing
>they realize I'm sitting there on the other side of the room
>they try not to laugh at me but giggle amongst themselves
>say nothing and look at my phone

Please kill me
>>
>>36316779
Tell them that baldness is a sexually-selected trait and that 50,000 years worth of evolution can't be wrong.
>>
>>36316823
>and that 50,000 years worth of evolution can't be wrong.
but it's a conservative Baptist church so that probably wouldn't go over well at least with the teacher who was also sitting right there
>>
File: skinhead girl.jpg (20KB, 283x400px) Image search: [Google]
skinhead girl.jpg
20KB, 283x400px
>>36316483
>You might even get accused of being a neo Nazi.
Then might as well go full reich and surround yourself with QT aryan skinhead babes.
>>
>>36315891
Baldness just helped with survival, doesn't mean women preferred it
>>
>>36316853
>Helped survival
How? By giving you more vitamin D absorption?

Baldness was sexually selected. Older men were respected leaders of the clans and controlled the family's resources. Women would want to seduce them because they held the power.

So men evolved to look older than they actually were by going bald earlier.

Not our fault that genetics can't keep up with deca-millenia-long fashion trends that only changed in the past couple thousand.
>>
>>36316853
How the fuck does baldness help with survival? All baldness does is identify mature males.
>>
>>36316852
>skinheads
>punk whores
>full reich
Neonazis and the whores they peddle and fuck indiscriminately are all a bunch of degenerates. Hitler would have sent them to the camps.
>>
>>36316852
>black hair
>qt aryan babe
pick one, retard
>>
File: 1472739455025.jpg (14KB, 480x343px) Image search: [Google]
1472739455025.jpg
14KB, 480x343px
>>36316779
holy shit that is fucking brutal
>>
>>36315831
no
we're forever cucked by our genes
>>
>>36316910
>Baldness was sexually selected. Older men were respected leaders of the clans and controlled the family's resources. Women would want to seduce them because they held the power.
>So men evolved to look older than they actually were by going bald earlier.
But why did older men start going bald in the first place?
>>
>>36316839
Yet you have sluts profaning the holy vestibule and mocking the creations of the LORD, so if they complain then tell them to remove the log from their own eye.
>>
>>36316920
>How the fuck does baldness help with survival?

a bear can't grab you by the hair
>>
>>36315831
just grow a beard anon
>>
>>36317049
To wit:

Because testosterone gets converted to dihydrogentestosterone, which accumulates in the scalp stifling hair growth. Men with baldness genes accumulate more in the scalp, which makes them lose hair quicker.
>>
>>36317080
>balding
>can't even grow a beard
i should have been aborted
>>
>>36317137
I can't grow a beard either anon :(
>>
File: 1475670303397.jpg (121KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1475670303397.jpg
121KB, 800x999px
>>36317137
That's the problem with modern society. It keeps the weak and the genetically unfit alive, but does nothing to accommodate us. We're kept alive expected to keep up with the genetically fit, and when we can't, we're told that it's all our fault.

Nature is more kind. The weak are naturally culled so they don't have to suffer. Modern civilization is cruel and sadistic. It's a prison.

As you grow older you begin to realize that modern society is heaven for the strong, and hell for the weak.
>>
>>36316138
Balding men are seen as more masculine hence they get fit. Still better to be bald and fit than being a skinny twink faggot with too much hair product.
>>
>>36317057

It could still grab you by the beard.
>>
>>36317392
>balding men are seen as more masculine
when will this meme end? Balding men are genetically weaker, hence they have an undesirable quality like losing hair. The fact that some of them are top genetic specimens like the Rock is besides the point. Balding men can be handsome despite their problems, but they are not attractive or masculine by default. Most balding men I see under the age of 30 (especially) all have the typical cuck face, nasally voices, low muscle mass, and a lot of them are overweight.
>>
>>36316694
Everyday you move a little closer to the grave, that fact is honestly comforting for me, not even trying to sound edgy. I had the "why me" mentality for the first few months but I don't mind it at all now because it would've happened eventually. I don't know if you're somebody with low self esteem (posting on /r9k/ lol) but it makes no sense to worry about things that are out of your control.

Just try to live a healthy and happy life, you're not just your physical body you know.
>>
>>36317489
>Balding men are genetically weaker
They have more adrogens (dihydrogentestosterone).

They are objectively more masculine.

Baldness isn't a weakness in any way whatsoever. How exactly do you think it is? They can get a sunburn on their head? LOL
>>
>>36317592
More DHT doesn't make you more masculine you fucking idiot. It just means you have more DHT. It's free testosterone that makes you masculine. Stop trying to find perks to being a baldlet.
>>
File: FjtcTlKl.jpg (51KB, 640x364px) Image search: [Google]
FjtcTlKl.jpg
51KB, 640x364px
>keep having dreams where I look in the mirror and I have a full head of lush healthy hair and I comb it and take care of it
>wake up
>remember I'm bald
>>
>>36317687
>baldlet
Shouldn't that e hairlet?
>>
>>36317592
>this is what baldies think
fucking kek. It just means your follicles are more susceptible you fucking mong. Having thick head of hair is much better than being a diseased corpse.
>>
>>36317767
Don't mind the brainlet
>>
>>36317767
I don't care dude.

>>36317776
Someone got btfo :^) Good luck with your hair gains 2017
>>
>>36317592
>>36317775
You are both absolutely retarded. If it were a bad thing, it wouldn't exist in nature and have been bred out. It plays a crucial role in the male body.

During male embryogenesis DHT has an essential role in the formation of the male external genitalia, while in the adult male DHT acts as the primary androgen in the prostate gland, seminal vesicles, skin, and hair follicles. An example illustrating the significance of DHT for the development of secondary sex characteristics is congenital 5a-reductase type II deficiency. This genetic mutation can result in pseudohermaphroditism.

DHT is available in pharmaceutical formulations for medical use as an androgen or anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS).[23] When used as a drug, it is referred to as androstanolone (INN) or as stanolone (BAN).

Pharmaceutical DHT is used mainly in the treatment of male hypogonadism.

blah blah blah.

TLDR: Without it, you'll end up looking like a little bitchboy with tiny, non-working testicles; and it's prescribed in medicine as a steroid

Next time, try to actually do some research before you make a total retard of yourself.
>>
>>36317971
Meant to quote >>36317687

>>36317775
DHT levels are elevated in people with balding hair.
>>
>>36317971
>would've been bred out
Just like short stature, right baldie? Not one of us was saying DHT by itself is bad, it's a crucial component of being a man. But baldies under a certain age, such as yourself, aren't more manly, you are genetically weaker because your hair follicles have more sensitivity to DHT.
>>
Went bald 10 years ago
Havent had a date since, very few women even seemingly interested maybe 3 so far total in 10 years.
You're probably fucked if you go bald. Know a few bald guys that do alright but that's probably an exception not anything close to how it is for most guys.
>>
>>36318015
>DHT levels are elevated in people with balding hair
Find me a credible source, please. They're not elevated, your scalp is more sensitive to the androgen. Doesn't mean you have more.
>>
>>36315891
what makes you think anyone let women pick their mates back then?
in the past statistically it's unlikely you had a female relative that didn't reproduce, accounting for rape and stuff it's not likely females would be unable to chose to produce offspring or not, if they don't even choose if they're having kids what makes you think they chose whom the father is?
>>
>>36318031
>Just like short stature, right baldie?
How are you this stupid?

People were originally much shorter than they are now. The tallness is a selected trait as well. Tall people had a disadvantage in past ages because they required more food, which was in scarcer supply before modern farming methods were developed.

>But baldies under a certain age, such as yourself, aren't more manly
Yes, DHT is prescribed as an anabolic steroid, and it has estrogen-blocking effects. I'm not even bald, but I'd rather have thinning hair than bitch tits, which is the first thing you get if you're low on DHT.

>you are genetically weaker because your hair follicles have more sensitivity to DHT.
So what? Hair isn't essential to anything. Unless you live in alaska and need to conserve heat but your coat was stolen by eskimos.
>>
>>36318043
fuck off normie nobody cares about your "problems"
>>
>>36318089
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68082.php

>DHT is a particularly potent androgen, five times more potent than testosterone. It attaches to the same sites as testosterone but with more ease and remains bound for longer periods of time.

>Science is yet to understand fully why DHT's effects are greater in some individuals, but there are a number of possible mechanisms at work:
>Increased DHT receptors at the follicle
>Increased local DHT production
>Increased androgen receptor sensitivity
>Increased DHT being produced elsewhere in the body and arriving through circulation, perhaps via the prostate
>Increased circulating testosterone that acts as a precursor for DHT.

Either your body in general is more receptive to DHT, has more of it, or you have more testosterone which is converted to DHT. Though I guess some unlucky guys just have more sensitive scalps and none of the perks.
>>
being bald will never be attractive on it's own but you can always completely shave which has following effects
>you will look more confident since you aren't ashamed of your downsides
>you will look more masculine and that's plain fact
which are both traits woman find attractive in men.
you aren't going to be "edward cullen" attractive but women will find you attractive, perhaps even more because what they really want are bad boys. and stereotypical bad boy is tattooed baldo berdo.
>bonus point, your hair will never be messy again
>>
>>36318327
Here's a bonus:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24548754

Bald guys are healthier and less likely to get prostate cancer
>>
>>36318324
Duh.
Way to point out the elephant in the room Sherlock. Some real good detective work there, twink.
>>
>>36318400
So to summarize:

Perks of being bald:
+More muscle mass
+Instinctively sexy to women
+Healthier
+More vitamin D absorption through scalp
+Don't need to waste time styling it

Cons of being bald:
-Cold head in winter

Pros of having hair:
+Can feel like a pretty princess combing it

Cons of having hair:
-Have bitch tits
-No gains
-Tiny testicles
-Probably impotent
-Get cancer and die
>>
>>36318553
Hahahaha this baldlet is mad as fuck. Your studies don't even offer anything definitive. Stay bald faggot
>>
>>36318625
If you read the abstract in https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24548754 they will even confirm:

>Androgenic alopecia, a condition characterized by increased levels of DHT
>increased levels of DHT

Also

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68082.php

>DHT is a particularly potent androgen, five times more potent than testosterone. It attaches to the same sites as testosterone but with more ease and remains bound for longer periods of time.

I don't know what isn't definitive about that. Maybe all those hair roots have dug into your brain and you can't think too well anymore.
>>
>>36318664
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24548754
>The increase of PGD(2) can
>increased levels of DHT could
>the mechanisms behind male pattern baldness may
A lot of non-definitive assumptions here.

>http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/68082.php
>A glorified blog
>Written by a guy who took a neuroscience bachelor
>Isn't even a medical doctor, or even a doctor at all
Yes, good points baldlet. This is all very conclusive stuff.
>>
>>36316483
>be bald
>get accused of being a neo nazi
>give a heil hitler

that's the way to get respect just kidding. it's how you get further shunned by society and develop a deep seated anger towards everyone
>>
File: 1475865238413.jpg (175KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
1475865238413.jpg
175KB, 1024x684px
>>36318790
>treat robots like shit
>act surprised and self righteous when a robot finally lashes out after years of being trampled on
Why are normies such sociopaths?
>>
>>36318747
>Androgenic alopecia, a condition characterized by increased levels of DHT could have been selected for due to the benefits that prostaglandin D2 (PGD(2)) has on the prostate.
The "could" is referring to the effects of DHT on prostate health, not the fact that DHT is elevated in men with pattern baldness.

Also, pretty much EVERY medical source lists DHT as a potent steroid.

So shoo, shoo, you've lost already and you're just making yourself dumb by still trying to argue it.

another source:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12657354
>DHT has not been shown to perform beneficial functions unique from testosterone in the adult male, and it is believed that its fundamental effect is to amplify testosterone's weaker hormonal signal.
>>
>>36317971
ey tomas
orugo
>>
>>36318934
Is there any research that indicates if DHT causes you to burn fat more easily

I'm wondering because it seems like there is a disproportionate amount of bald lanklets.
>>
>>36318934
>The "could" is referring to the effects of DHT on prostate health, not the fact that DHT is elevated in men with pattern baldness.
Restating what the article says doesn't change fact that it's entirely non-conclusive

>Also, pretty much EVERY medical source lists DHT as a potent steroid.
You need to do more reading. What causes you to develop muscle, be stronger, fuck more is testosterone. Not DHT.

Your third article is useless because normal, high test males have normal amounts of DHT. The only thing causing your baldness is your sensitivity to DHT in your hair follicles. lol

>>36318993
There are more fat bald cunts than bald lanklets.
>>
>>36317089

That explains the mechanism, not the actual reason

>>36317049

Iirc baldness was relatively favourable esp. in europe where bald people would receive more sun in the winter.
>>
>>36319075
>Iirc baldness was relatively favourable esp. in europe where bald people would receive more sun in the winter.
That would explain why white people tend to have male pattern baldness more than other races.

Why don't women go bald too though
>>
>>36319050
You've lost bud, just give up.

>>36318993
DHT has much the same effects as testosterone, but stronger. It increased rate of lipolysis and prevents fat cells from being created.

So to answer your question, basically yes, it helps
>>
>>36317312
i've told my mom exactly that, this is completely evil, we need to suffer because our parents were irresponsible and selfish
>>
>>36319050
>There are more fat bald cunts than bald lanklets.
I don't know anon. I see a lot of obese lardasses with full heads of hair and I see a lot of gangly skeletons who are bald at 20.
>>
>>36319139
>I-If I just say he l-lost maybe he'll stop shitting on my f-f-fantasies....
Hahaha doesn't work this way baldy. You're unattractive as fuck. Stay mad.

>>36319154
Are you a bald loser too?

>>36319172
I've never seen a bald skeleton at 20. Besides what you're asking would be such a minimal effect if true. 50 calories a day at most. Even if exceedingly generous and attributing a 200 calorie per day increase in BMR it's nothing that can account for all these "bald lanklets" you're seeing.
>>
>>36318327
Receptive doesn't mean more. >>36319139
I'm guessing you're the same baldie who keeps arguing for the positives of being bald. These articles don't explicitly state baldies, like yourself, have MORE dht. They just state the benefits of the hormone. Not that baldies, such as yourself, have more dht or are more manly, fucking kek.
>>
>>36319237
>I've never seen a bald skeleton at 20. Besides what you're asking would be such a minimal effect if true. 50 calories a day at most. Even if exceedingly generous and attributing a 200 calorie per day increase in BMR it's nothing that can account for all these "bald lanklets" you're seeing.
I was skinny started balding at around 20, I got fat after. Because I let my health slip. Even when I slimmed back down there were a lot of times I just said fuck it and would let my looks slip since I'm bald and ugly. Working low class manual labor jobs in dirty ripped up clothes it's not like I was going to interest any females I met. So it wasn't any biggy to just let it go for periods of time and not give a fuck about looks. Only reason I got skinny again was because I took up weight lifting to fill my time instead of drugs or drinking.
>>
>>36319348
Right but that doesn't point towards any sort of skinny and bald causative factor.
>>
File: hitman.jpg (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
26KB, 800x600px
>>36315831
It can be attractive if you're like this guy.
>>
>>36319277
You must be mentally retarded. I already posted multiple quotes stating that DHT is elevated in men with pattern baldness.

Here's another, very conclusive study:

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/jcem.86.12.8078?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mean production rates of DHT in young men with male pattern baldness (60 +- 50 mcg/h) were higher than those in healthy men (P < 0.005).
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now stop being retarded. I'm not going to bother responding to you from now on since it's obviously you're an idiot and google captcha is a glitched out pain in the ass.
>>
>>36319597
>it can be attractive if you're attractive
Wow thanks that's really helpful
>>
File: 1473725417199.png (522KB, 1600x819px) Image search: [Google]
1473725417199.png
522KB, 1600x819px
Even my own family treats me different for being bald. They make fun of me all the time and ask me why can't I just be handsome

Young bald men are like second class citizens.

Don't take your hair for granted, hairfags. You have no idea how good you have it compared to us.
>>
>>36317057
It won't grab you by the anything because it's too busy mauling you to death, numbnuts
>>
>>36319624
It doesn't matter. DHT does none of the positive things you claim it to.
>>
>>36319624
>Hair follicles are active sites of the 5a-reduction of T to DHT (10). T is believed to be responsible for follicle priming, whereas DHT may regulate linear growth in activated follicles (11). Men with male pattern baldness present an enhanced local activity of 5a-reductase in their hair follicles (11). The role of 5a-reductase in the development of prostatic hyperplasia has led to the development of drugs (12) that improve this disorder by inhibiting the activity of 5a-reductase (13). More recently, these drugs have also been used to treat male pattern baldness (13, 14, 15). Scalp DHT concentrations are elevated in these patients.

Yes, they are elevated, but not systemically, baldie. You aren't more manly, fucking kek. You're just more likely to repel young, prime women.
>>
File: flannel_1_large.jpg (79KB, 475x585px) Image search: [Google]
flannel_1_large.jpg
79KB, 475x585px
>>36315831
The real question is why are all these other things considered fashionable/attractive now? What the fuck is wrong with normies?

Wearing glasses used to mean you were a fucking nerd and you would get your ass kicked by Chad (and rightly so).

Now wearing glasses is "hip" and trendy. What is this shit
>>
>>36318553
This is the fucking best post I've seen all year
>>
>>36319929
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/10.1210/jcem.86.12.8078?url_ver=Z39.88-2003&rfr_id=ori%3Arid%3Acrossref.org&rfr_dat=cr_pub%3Dpubmed&
>On the other hand, elevated production rates of DHT were seen in six of the eight patients with baldness, whereas two patients had normal DHT PRs.

Now if you think that DHT is produced mainly in the scalp, you just might be dumber than a sack of bricks.

Shoo, testiclelet. Your tiny balls and giant mantits aren't wanted here. Or anywhere, for that matter. Hair growth in adult men is nothing more than neonatalism.
>>
>>36318553
I bet you browse the red pill subreddit. What a faggot hahaha. Having thick, luscious hair is infinitely better than being a bald corpse.
>>
My ex begged me to buzz my hair and she loved it when I went through with it. Stop putting so much effort into how you look, you're not women being high maintenance is fucking annoying and gay.
>>
>>36320330
>Hair growth in adult men is nothing more than neonatalism.
Obviously DHT isn't produced in the scalp. Why are you so triggered baldie? I thought you weren't responding anymore. Or is it because deep down you know being bald is disgusting?
>8 patients
Nice credible study there, baldo.
>>
File: picardlaughing.jpg (107KB, 650x382px) Image search: [Google]
picardlaughing.jpg
107KB, 650x382px
>>36320381
>Having thick, luscious hair
Like a little boy? Or maybe like a woman?

Real men show their scalps, friend.
>>
Feels good to be balding, I can grow a badass beard at 21, all of my friends are jealous because even at 30 they won't grow one as good as mine is right now.

>Be me
>Women stroking my beard and even being complimented on it

Stay mad haircucks.
>>
>>36320448
I responded because you actually quoted the article and I thought I'd hear something intelligent from you.

I realize my mistake now.
>>
>>36317971
Idiot, you dont understand. We get that its necessary.

Youre either saying that baldness is a random byproduct of this DHT stuff or that it is a deliberate cause of it. If it is a deliberate cause then what is the purpose of the baldness
>>
I'm only going to multiquote because I'm legitimately interested in this discussion

I think it's rarer that a woman would specifically find a guy attractive because he's bald than she would for him having great hair. Come to think of it though, I wonder how many women find a guy attractive specifically because of his hair.

Then again I am man so I have no fucking clue exactly what goes on in the minds of women.

As a bald 23 y.o. man, I want to comment on a few things in this thread

>>36316483
This guy is in the "panic and low self-esteem" phase of balding. It's just not true what you say, and only a select piece of shit type of person will think less of you for being bald.

>>36315891
>Also, girls with bald dads love bald guys.

This might be true on some Freudian shit

>>36316082
>>36317137

>you need a beard to look good with a shaved head

This is a meme, and I say this as a man who can grow a pretty damn good beard. I prefer just a little stubble

>>36318361
>you will look more confident since you aren't ashamed of your downsides
>you will look more masculine and that's plain fact

These are extremely true. I'm in the "embrace it" phase. It feels fucking great to finally ditch the hat and just go out in the city with a very short buzz and an outfit I can rock.
>>
>>36318043
I really dont get it. If most people go bald then why is it seen as unattractive?
>>
>>36320487
You realise a full head of hair and a full beard aren't mutually exclusive right?

>>36320497
>Intelligent response
>Claims everyone who isn't an ugly bald cunt has low muscle mass and bitch tits lmfao
>>
>>36318043
>Went bald 10 years ago
>Havent had a date since,

That's your own fucking fault, at least be man enough to blame it on your initiative and not your hairline
>>
>>36318553
you fucking idiot, you.

looks like you can into science but you cant into logic

heres you:

> A causes B
> therefore everyone with B has the perks of A

this is like saying that everyone who has more muscle mass (according to your post) is bald.
>>
>>36320451
>This is what baldies believe
Holy fuck, you guys are mad.
>>
>>36319626
> that ugly fuck
> looks serious / angry
> attractive

is it just me or has this whole face genetics shit only been a thing for like 2 years. My face genetics arent really masculine and girls found me attractive all throughout school
>>
>>36320863
You don't understand the word "mean".

On average, bald men have higher DHT. That is a fact.

DHT is a potent androgen. That is a fact.

Does this make you feel inadequate or something? Why are you so upset and in denial by this? Go have a work-out and you might feel better about yourself.
>>
>been balding since 16
>dont like it
>got some topical minoxidil/finasteride thing
>been using it for 4-5 months
>small hairs on hairline growing

hmm

might not be a baldfag in the future after all, who knows
>>
>>36320805
hes a brainlet, just ignore him
>>
>>36320937
>thinking a study of 8 patients is solid fact of anything
wew lad. The only thing you said is true is DHT being a potent androgen. Bald men don't have higher DHT, just sensitivity of the hormone on the scalp. (You) are, for the most part, fucking gross to the women who matter (young,prime,nubile).
>>
>>36320937
cuck go suck a nigger dick
>>
>>36321033
Nobody cares about your opinions. I've been bringing actual scientific studies to the table, and you've shown up empty-handed.

The Endocrinology Society seems to have regarded the study as scientifically valid. So is there any reason for me to believe that you are somehow more qualified than an association of Endocrinology specialists?

Women like men who are attractive, handsome and masculine. These are all traits that are associated with masculine secondary sexual characteristics, which are associated with DHT.

It's okay though son, one day you'll have a beautiful bald head. Some people just take longer to mature than others. Go work out, it'll improve your testosterone levels.
>>
>>36321169
i just dont give a fuck if i go bald past the age of 30 because but id rather not spend my 20s feeling objectively unattractive to girls my age
>>
I've heard finasteride increases testosterone by 20%. Is that true, is it going to make me more masculine and alpha? seems like a good deal.
>>
>>36321267
Baldness is a secondary sexual characteristic of men. It literally exists because women found it sexy for thousands of years. There is nothing objectively unattractive about it.

If you feel that bad about it, you can always just use rogaine or whatever, which is an over-the-counter drug.
>>
>>36321333
It's a hormone blocker. They literally prescribe that drug to trannies. It works by forcing your body to produce less DHT.

DHT is an estrogen blocker. Without it, you'll develop bitch-tits and possibly go impotent.

Rogaine isn't as effective, but it doesn't make you into a man-bitch.
>>
File: Hair Balding.jpg (262KB, 700x807px) Image search: [Google]
Hair Balding.jpg
262KB, 700x807px
>>36321354
>It literally exists because women found it sexy for thousands of years.
Nooooo... it literally exists because it meant men didn't get their long hair in their eyes when they were hunting, but halfway through the transition we started farming and now half of under 40s have to deal with this useless, unattractive trait.
>>
>>36321169
You care enough to respond, you bald cuck.
>Women like men who are attractive, handsome and masculine. These are all traits that are associated with masculine secondary sexual characteristics, which are associated with DHT.
Yes, but those characteristics are not tied to baldness, baldie. You're falsely assuming every baldie, such as yourself, is those things, which is not true. Don't worry, a cure is hopefully on the horizon for you and your bald comrades.
>>
>>36321354
Jesus, the delusion in this baldo.
>found it sexy for thousands of years.
>>
>>36321407
>It works by forcing your body to produce less DHT.
And as a result testosterone is increased because it's no longer being converted to DHT. That should increase my t levels.
>>
>>36321479
>>36321354
>>36321442
maybe it just didnt appear until later age-wise, and when most men breed it's before the trait showed up
>>
File: 20160826_211654.jpg (246KB, 1080x1288px) Image search: [Google]
20160826_211654.jpg
246KB, 1080x1288px
r8 my hairloss

Will i ever get laid now???
>>
File: bald man.jpg (26KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
bald man.jpg
26KB, 520x390px
>>36321442
>Nooooo... it literally exists because it meant men didn't get their long hair in their eyes when they were hunting
Literally no actual scientific source claims this. Do you have anything at all to back this asspulled claim up?

I hope you realize that early humans weren't brainless apes. They had hairstyles, they had tools, etc. If someone had ridiculously long hair and it was a problem, they could easily just braid it or tie it back or just get a sharp piece of bone and cut it
>>
File: Proof That Evolution is Wrong.jpg (102KB, 785x594px) Image search: [Google]
Proof That Evolution is Wrong.jpg
102KB, 785x594px
>>36321515
these traits need a purpose though, otherwise growing more hair when you're elderly would be just as common as an example
>>
>>36321530
Complete shave, wear sunglasses
>>
>>36321530
Go all the way and cut it desu, start rocking a bunch of cool hats.
>>
>>36321445
Seriously, I want to know what your deal is with bald people.

Did your bald dad rape you or something?
>>
>>36321661
don't have a problem with them, since most of us WILL lose our hair. What I have a problem with is baldies selling false ideas that baldness is more attractive and associated with a host of positive things, which is simply not true.
>>
>>36321515
Considering that baldness is associated with higher male hormone levels, it was a positive trait that represented virility and fitness.

Prehistoric women didn't have TVs and fashion magazines and universally went after the strongest men and not childish-looking boytoys.
>>
>>36315831
I want to do this. Think it could work, or would it be too goofy?
>>
>>36321703
Well I've given my proof, I've shown scientific citations. All you've done is post ridiculously assmad rants without anything in the world to back it up.

I'll say this for like the fifth time: Don't be jealous that other men have higher hormone levels than you. Just go work out and raise it. Taking out your anger on the world isn't going to accomplish anything.
>>
>>36321798
Jealous of men who don't have hair? You're having a laugh, lad. Real world experience is all I need to back up my claims, friend. There is no anger here, merely disputing the blatant lies that you are spewing. Baldness, unless you have a strong frame and facial features, is repulsive.
>>
>>36321888
>There is no anger here
HMMMMMMMM
>you bald cuck.
> baldie
>Don't worry, a cure is hopefully on the horizon for you and your bald comrades.
>this useless, unattractive trait.
>you fucking idiot, you.
>I bet you browse the red pill subreddit. What a faggot hahaha. Having thick, luscious hair is infinitely better than being a bald corpse.
You are absolutely assmad friend. I can only conclude that showing that bald men are objectively manlier and stronger has aroused jealousy in you because you perceive yourself as weak and ugly. Thus, you're angry that bald men are naturally more fit than you, which is enraging since you probably think that your hair was your only attractive trait, and now learn that not even this is true.

Another study for you:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14757277

>In addition, we discovered the levels of DHT, testosterone, and DHT/T ratio in plasma from premature MPB were higher than in those of control subjects (P<0.001, 0.001, 0.005).
This shows that DHT is higher throughout the entire bloodstream in early-balding males.
>>
>>36322030
>manlier and stronger
But bald men are not any of this by default. Again, you are associating these traits with bald men; these traits are attractive regardless of hair. Not all bald men are strong and manly.What part of that do you not understand? Women prefer a full head of hair every single time.
>>
>>36321579
>>36321596
It looks really bad in that pic because it was wet and a buzzcut but grew it out quite a bit since then but its still noticably receded.

I'm just copying Chris Pratt's hairstyle now to cover it up the receded corners and it doesn't look too bad now.
>>
>>36321499
DHT is 5 times stronger than T.

The symptoms I describe are known possible side-effects of the drug.
>>
>>36322155
>Women prefer a full head of hair every single time.
Not the millions of women who sexually selected for the trait. Women will go after the muscular and confident guy every time. Do you think Vin Diesel, or Dwayne Johnson or whatever have trouble getting girls? I'm lolling here.

>But bald men are not any of this by default. Again, you are associating these traits with bald men; these traits are attractive regardless of hair. Not all bald men are strong and manly.What part of that do you not understand?
I don't think you understand the concept of an average. If the average DHT levels or higher, then it's easier on average for bald men to get /fit/.
>>
>>36322376
But this is not a sexually selected trait, holy shit. Find me a credible source that says baldness is a sexually selected trait. This is a false claim on your part.
>the rock and vin diesel
Like clockwork. This two guys would've been attractive regardless of their hair, what part of that do you not understand.
>/fit/
Yeah, you definitely browse /fit/, which is just /r9k/ that works out, or the redpill subreddit. Women don't give a fuck if you're fit unless they are attracted to that specific niche. Face, height, frame, and HAIR is all that matters.
>>
>>36316471
Try starting at late 15/early 16, buddy.
>>
>>36322196
Still looks pretty damn thin man, Chris Pratt is balding and has a thinning hairline but he's not as bad as you, at least as far as I know

Why don't you post a updated pic of your hair?
>>
Balding is game over for about 90% of men, there literally is nothing worse. A few select men with god tier bone structure, who were 10/10's when they had hair, can sort of pull the look off. The rest are fucked.
>>
>>36322710
You must be masochistic, because you seem to just LOVE being proven wrong.

>But this is not a sexually selected trait, holy shit. Find me a credible source that says baldness is a sexually selected trait. This is a false claim on your part.

"Genetic variants in the human androgen receptor gene (AR) are associated with male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia, AGA) in Europeans. Previous observations of long-range linkage disequilibrium at the AR locus are consistent with the hypothesis of recent positive selection. "

Fucking 4chan not letting me post the citation source and gaying me with glitchy captchas
>>
Hair is one of those things you don't give a second thought to, until you start losing it. Then you realize how important it is.
>>
>>36320939
but those are some strong anti androgens, you may get your hair back but it will be offset by loss of muscle and gaining fat.
>>
>>36323015
Published Paper:
Recent positive selection of a human androgen receptor/ectodysplasin A2 receptor haplotype and its relationship to male pattern baldness
>>
>>36323096
>>36323015

You're coping so hard its sad to me, good luck though.
>>
>>36323111
#rekt

Don't let your hair get caught in the door on the way out.
>>
File: 20170416_235302.jpg (429KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170416_235302.jpg
429KB, 1080x1920px
>>36322926
Like i said it looks irredeemably bad when its wet and short.

This is what it looks like now that its long, dry and styled. (I've also been using finasteride since that last pic)
>>
File: 1466295552438.jpg (40KB, 800x495px) Image search: [Google]
1466295552438.jpg
40KB, 800x495px
>over 6 months on finasteride
>STILL falling out
>hair looks like shit
oh but just wait for the 12 months meme!
why do people say to wait 12 months if nothing has happened in nearly 7 months, what magic happens in another 5+ months that suddenly reverses all the hair that has already been lost during this time i've been taking the drug. regrowth is apparently rare as fuck even in the best circumstances anyway.
>>
>>36323177
that actually looks good, my advice is that you get on finasteride and see how that goes for you
>>
>>36323232
I'm on there too and really don't notice much, I mean I keep losing hair but as long as I'm not loosing tons that I clog the drain in the shower I'm okay

People say to wait for a year because finasteride takes time to show results, a lot more than Minoxidil, that's why the advice is to take it as long as you can unless you see that you're balder than before
It's said that it usually begins to ''work'' around the 7th/8th month mark
Also it may not make it thick but it might stop or slow down the balding process, nobody knows, just take it for 12 months and more and see how that goes for you, I'm in the same situation as you
>>
>>36323160
Nah, he's right. You're trying so hard to prove balding is a positive. It's repulsive.
>>
File: Wojak Gust of Wind.png (167KB, 636x704px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak Gust of Wind.png
167KB, 636x704px
>>36323236
I already said i was on it, it hasn't grown anything back over the last 7 months but i haven't noticed it getting any worse so I'm semi happy with it, still tempted to go on rogaine now though.
>>
>>36323530
I actually just like arguing and came on 4chan just to argue (also to procrastinate getting actual work done). If I hadn't found this thread, I would be over on /pol/ talking about some pointless political issue.

I'm not even bald, as I stated earlier, though my hair has started thinning past few years and I am now at the age of 30. Might have a bald spot by mid 30s or something (might not), but if that happens I'll just shave it. I don't take rogaine or finasteride, because baldness is sexy and I'd rather be bald than have a hormone cocktail with a bunch of side-effects.

Don't be mad at me just because I turned out to be more informed than you.
>>
File: baldygoth.jpg (51KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
baldygoth.jpg
51KB, 500x750px
>>36315831
It's been a thing with industrial goths for like 20 years, even if you're not balding
>>
File: 1483904986708.png (158KB, 666x607px) Image search: [Google]
1483904986708.png
158KB, 666x607px
>>36315831
>be me
>balding at my early 20s
>look up cures on the internet
>they all have weird side effects like erectyle dysfunction, making your skin age faster, gyno etc
>transplants cost thousands of euros and don't even work you lose the new hair eventually

I'll just shave it all, hit the gym and grow a beard
>>
>>36323664
hair transplants are pointless if you don't also go on finasteride to stop the hair behind it receeding.

gym is still a pretty redpilled solution to this shit though, good luck anon.
>>
>>36323575
Get on rogaine and then save up money for a hair transplant. If you respond well to rogaine, you can easily make your hair last for a good decade or two and afterwards you can let yourself go bald if you want since no one will care about your hair when you're 40 and old.
>>
>>36323664
Transplants are permanent though because they use the most DHT-resistant hair follicles found on your head. It's the hairline that doesn't last long which is why it's recommended you use propecia or rogaine to maintain it.
>>
>>36323889
but doesn't fin completely stop recession in most cases?
>>
>>36323926
>transplants are permanent
>but you have to take drugs that can kill your dick to keep your new hair!

well okay
>>
>>36321530
>>36323177
that's a pretty massive difference, barely even noticeable now.
>>
>>36323986
It does but it can also irreversibly fuck up your hormonal system. Decide for yourself if you would rather take the risk to keep your hair.
>>
>>36323986
so does dutasteride but the side affects are way worse than going bald
>>
>>36324006
if it doesn't kill your dick in the first few months it wont ever.
>>
>>36323664
Best solution.
>>
>>36324006
Rogaine is pretty harmless. The only issues you would ever experience with it is dermatitis or high blood pressure but that only happens if you use too much of it daily.
>>
>>36324069
yeah I guess I can give you Rogaine, but according to my research it stops working after a while so eh
>>
>>36324105
At some point yeah but for now when you're 20 and balding, it's better than nothing. Also use kectoconazole shampoo like Nizoral as a supplement. Im using Nizoral and I've stopped losing lots of hairs in the showers after a couple months of dedicated use.
>>
>>36323986
>>36323889
The reason baldness happens, is because DHT kills hair follicles. A certain amount of DHT accumulates in the scalp naturally over your lifetime. People with the baldness gene usually have more DHT (but some bastards just have more receptors in their scalp, and average levels of DHT) and thus go bald faster.

Finasteride basically stops your body from producing as much DHT, which slows the balding, but results in side-effects like gyno, because DHT is actually pretty important. Moreso when you're young, but it's beneficial at any age. (Babies born with severe DHT deficiencies end up as pseudo-hermaphrodites, they have a fake vagina and a clit-sized micropenis)

The way rogaine works is it basically supercharges your hair follicles, but doesn't do anything to stop the DHT accumulation.

So basically: It's like if you're spraying pesticides on your lawn, and poisoning the ground. Finasteride turns down the hose. Rogaine just dumps really good fertilizer on the lawn but doesn't stop the poison. So the plants can thrive for a little while, but are still dying off.

With Rogaine, you'll still go bald eventually, but in the short-term, it'll probably be more effective than finasteride. Using the both of them together, you can get back some of the hair you lost.

You can also get a prescription-only version of Rogaine that is (if I remember correctly) called Minoxodil, which is the same chemical, just in higher concentration.
>>
>>36315891
WRONG!
women have children with men before the men go bald. without realising it, male baldness is passed onto the offspring. and the cycle repeats. thats why it doesn't happen itself until you're older.

and male baldness will never be considered fashionable because it is a unwanted genetic trait
>>
File: r9k Honey I'm Home.jpg (87KB, 508x508px) Image search: [Google]
r9k Honey I'm Home.jpg
87KB, 508x508px
>>36324046
>die alone, a virgin and bald
or
>have great hair, be married and maybe later on your wife has to deal with your low sex drive

I'll go with option two
>>
>>36324199
I already know. I'm okay with going bald when Im older but for now I at least want to preserve my youthful looks.
>>
>>36324235
WRONG. Baldness was positively selected.

See >>36323015

"Genetic variants in the human androgen receptor gene (AR) are associated with male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia, AGA) in Europeans. Previous observations of long-range linkage disequilibrium at the AR locus are consistent with the hypothesis of recent positive selection. "
-Recent positive selection of a human androgen receptor/ectodysplasin A2 receptor haplotype and its relationship to male pattern baldness
>>
>>36324350
m8, having a full head of hair wont get you a gf and neither would you lose the prospects of having one if you're bald. Self improvement is far more important than the amount of hair follicles you have. It's fine if you want to keep your hair but please realize that the reason you dont have a gf goes beyond your hair.
>>
>>36316577

be careful with Fin, a lot of people have side effects. When I was losing hair I said fuck it no side effect could be worse than this.. well I stopped getting horny and had so much fatigue I would sleep during my lunch breaks at work and then sleep as soon as I got home
>>
File: Mass Effect 4 Autism Hat.jpg (10KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect 4 Autism Hat.jpg
10KB, 305x309px
>>36324401
>please realize that the reason you don't have a gf goes beyond your hair.
yeah I was also born with fucking aspergers which means i have literally no social skills or any clue on how to flirt with women, so I need all the help i can get if I want to eventually get a gf.
>>
>>36315891
What a load of bullshit hahaha
Nice deduction skills there but no women would take a balding man vs a non balding one especially at this day in age.
I think it's pretty common knowledge balding man inferior leading to the insecurity they face when they realize they are going bald.
>>
>>36324538
Your hair isnt going to magically make you more confident or a womanizer. This really isnt that hard to understand.
>>
>>36321530
Just buy some clippers and use the 1st clipper size. It will look a fuck ton better I promise you
>>
>>36321530
You would unironically look good just staying bald and working out. Go for the Statham look
>Inb4 he's a model.
You'll still look good when you're fit and have the rugged masculine look. Dont let 4chan feed you lies and misconceptions.
>>
have good facial hair and strong facial features and being bald can be a good thing if you keep up the maintenance on your head.
>>
File: 20160822_153505.jpg (330KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160822_153505.jpg
330KB, 1080x1920px
>>36324627
>>36324707
I actually shaved it with my razer so i was completely bald just to see what it would look like but I kinda have Sir Patrick Stewart's head shape and i was really skinny at that time, seeing myself bald for the first time literally made me feel sick.

Maybe if i was older and i put on alot more muscle (which i'm working on) I'd be happy with being bald, but early 20's is waaaaay too early
>>
>>36324935
You have the skullshape and can pull it off. I can't, I'm getting a wig/toupee or whatever. They look good nowadays, only costs a few hundred bucks twice a year. Sorry, but young guys can't pull off bald look, maybe later in middle age but early on its awful
>>
File: JASON-ALEXANDER-HAIR.jpg (69KB, 707x530px) Image search: [Google]
JASON-ALEXANDER-HAIR.jpg
69KB, 707x530px
>>36325003
>I'm getting a wig/toupee or whatever
the bald guy from Seinfeld uses a hairpiece now, he looks pretty great with it
>>
>>36324362
>one paper says balding might have been positively selected
>MUH balding gene was positively selected
Kek brainlet find other sources and maybe I'll start beliving this Shit.
>>
>>36315891
Bald = more t = more dominant and more inclined to rape bitches. Same reason they love guys that look like neanderthals.
>>
>>36315891
A lot of this evolutionary selection shit based on women's preferences is bs because so much reproduction just happened from rape. Like, probably most. If robots could rape easily then I am sure that many of us wouldn't be virgins. I wouldn't be.
>>
>>36325098
Go find a single source, then maybe I'll take you seriously.
>>
>>36325222
Kk then balding is linked with infertility
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3205531/
>>
File: Wojak Sad.jpg (7KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
Wojak Sad.jpg
7KB, 205x246px
>>36316779
shit's depressing af
>>
>>36325222
EDAR results in enhanced NF- kB activity (Mou et al. 2008; Bryk et al. 2008), larger hair follicles and thicker hair fibers in mice (Mou et al. 2008) and is associated with increased hair thickness in humans (Fujimoto et al. 2008; Mou et al. 2008).

Interestingly, EDAR shows strong signatures of positive selection (Barreiro et al. 2008; Bryk et al. 2008; Myles et al. 2008).

As the signature of positive selection is less profound in Europeans compared to East Asians, but AGA prevalence is higher in Europeans, it seems likely that the AGA causative variant and the cause for positive selection are distinct from each other. Resequencing of the AGA risk haplotype of the AR/EDA2R locus in different populations and subsequent association analysis are needed to clarify whether a Europe specific mutation accounts for the higher prevalence of AGA in this population.
>>
File: 1465643932011.jpg (2MB, 2017x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1465643932011.jpg
2MB, 2017x1350px
Balding masculine men is what women want
>>
>>36325431
>Finasteride and male fertility
Finasteride is a prescription drug, you absolute imbecile. It causes infertility by lowering the DHT that causes hair loss, which is naturally found in higher quantities in balding men. Balding men are naturally more fertile, until they fuck that up by taking hormone blockers.
>>
>>36317057
A bear can't really grab you just like your dog can't grab you. A bear will just slap you and you'll most likely not survive that one slap you little bitch.
>>
>>36325860
You didn't even post the fucking source you were quoting.

Also, all this proves is that asians were selected for thicker hair, and Europeans were selected for balding hair.
>>
>tfw my dad had a high hairline
>and he has a widows peak.
>and he's been bald as long as I've been alive so he started balding young.
>totally uncommon on a black man but he's somehow that unfortunate.
>passed on his shit hair genetics to me.
I feel justified to sue him.
>>
>>36315831
i actually saw a bald asian guy (i dont think he was chinese, but was east asian) and he had a shadow beard and i think no head hair. AND, he was dating a white chick. he actually looked pretty attractive. and she seemed super horny LOL.
>>
>>36327143
same except I'm white

This is such bullshit. Why would you do this to your own kid?
>>
>>36327078
What... it's written in the article you were fucking using. Have you not fucking read it?
My fucking sides
>>
>>36327203
Some white men can hide receding hairlines well. If you're black ,there is no hairstyle to cover it and every other black man judges you for it.
>>
>>36327078
Not only Asians African man too. Pretty sure it's an unwanted genetic since hair represent youth and therefore fertility. Which is really what women are after.
>>
>>36327281
>Some white men can hide receding hairlines well.
No there is really no decent way to hide it. Anyone can see it.
>>
>>36326531
Yeah Jason Stratham looks better than that kid.

But that kid would look worse with a bald head. And Jason Stratham would look better if he had at least stubble on the top of his shaved head (not the kid's haircut)
>>
>>36327204
I've read the article abstract and important bits. It was obvious that you were just quoting the same article I initially posted, but wasn't going to be arsed to look up the quote, just like you couldn't be arsed to even read the quote you posted and try to understand what it was saying.

Do you actually have anything to say, or are you just here to make yourself look stupid?

>>36327288
Baldness literally, physically represents a buildup of male hormones. Male hormones are responsible for fertility, not youth. Otherwise women would be fucking toddlers, now wouldn't they?
>>
>>36327322
That's not the point. Left would likely be scrawnier if he had hair. Right would likely be more muscular if he didn't.

Between the two of them, left is more attractive because of the masculine features that coincidentally led to hair loss.

This is what women select for. The hair is an afterthought.
>>
>>36327395
Your logic is flawed no point arguing with desperate people
>>
>>36327627
Balding doesn't increase your testosterone. Go back to fit you monkey
>>
>>36327679
Holy shit, I just spent this entire thread posting scientific evidence that it does.

Do you have mental disabilities?

See >>36322030
>In addition, we discovered the levels of DHT, testosterone, and DHT/T ratio in plasma from premature MPB were higher than in those of control subjects (P<0.001, 0.001, 0.005).
Both DHT and T are higher in the body of balding men.

Now we're going to go full circle and you're going to try to claim that DHT and T aren't androgens responsible for masculine features such as muscle growth.
>>
>>36320776
It is probably like :
If most women get fat, why is being a fat woman unattractive?
There are a lot of okay chubby/fat ones skinny ones just tend to look a little more attractive for some reason
>>
>>36320817
I did take the initiative, I got shot down for years no matter what I did. By all kinds of woman, different looks/weight/height/race everyone of them rejected me.
>>
>>36324401
t. definitely not a bald guy
You read too many manosphere bullshit about miserable people that talk about self improvement because there is literally nothing else for them to do. The boasts about 'hey people no longer think I'm a worthless piece of shit I improved' are made up for internet attention points.
>>
>>36327627
>The hair is an afterthought.
Keep telling yourself that. That isn't how it works at all.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.