[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I get over fear of talking to people online? I can only

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

how do I get over fear of talking to people online? I can only text-chat.

This a good first step learning how to make friends? I know if I'm 21 and can't even talk to poeple on discord I'm pretty far gone, but it's mainly my awful voice that makes me anxious around people.

Please don't post if you've never experienced real social anxiety or being a loner.
>>
tfw I spent 500 seeing a speech therapist and she was only willing to recognise one of my lisps. Maybe I need an acting coach to fix this? I have an 's' lisp and a really nerdy voice with an american accent (I'm Eurofag - people have asked me irl if I grew up in America it's really humiliating).
>>
File: 230157020823552000.png (29KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
230157020823552000.png
29KB, 128x128px
>>36309610
Are you on Random discord by chance? They have a couple rooms limited to only 5 people, but a lot of them are pretty cancer. As expected from 4chan at least.

Anyways, truly it is difficult, and self motivating yourself is always the hardest part. You'll typically need someone you like to say, "Hey man, come on. Let's VC it will be chill" or something of the sort, games could possibly help too as long as you're not playing with assholes you can just say a small bit of useful info for whatever needs to be done if your team is lost, or don't know where an enemy is.
There's no easy way of doing it.
>>
>>36309610
Can't answer that much because I'm worse than you.
I actually refuse to get into discord and IRC circlejerks that are killing 4chan desu.
>I know if I'm 21 and can't even talk to poeple on discord I'm pretty far gone
KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

But anyway, I guess you gotta fix your voice a lot and I hope you don't fucking breathe from your mouth OP.
Good luck with making good friends OP.
Goodnight
>>
>>36309688
>>36309676
I don't even know any 4chan discords. I've tried playing wow private servers and never worked up the nerve to show people my awful voice.

I'd like to play a game with what you said but I haven't played games in years really. I hear people don't even voice chat anymore. I used to be able to talk to people all the time on Halo 3.
>>
discords get posted here every day, keep joining them until you find one that's comfy.

vocaroo threads where people post recordings are a thing too. being able to record something over and over until you're satisfied is easier than keeping up with a live call.
>>
If your voice really sounds awful maybe you should try just going full retard with it, narrate bad fanfics and make all the characters sound like Gilbert Gottfried or something. Normies love that shit. Maybe you could even cast for some niche VA job where the character needs to sound retarded.
>>
post a vocaroo. i can't really tell you what to do about it if you don't show me what it sounds like. Perhaps you are just exaggerating or you just need some kind of approval to know its not tha bad
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.