[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

minimalism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: bcfc1c23c0569a6f415673c4d22e18f0.jpg (192KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
bcfc1c23c0569a6f415673c4d22e18f0.jpg
192KB, 1800x1200px
>>36275737
Hoarding is for idiots who don't realize that they're mortal.

>>36276167
>room
When you'll have your own place and have to do everything mommy and daddy did for you your whole life yourself you'll realize how modern life can be complicated and how having too many possessions can drive you mad.
>>
"Minimize" the number of threads you post!!!!
>>
I like living like this, it's so much more practical and relaxing.
>>
Where do you put your clothes? Where's the PC or laptop you used to make this thread? I hope you don't use a laptop while lying in bed because that's terrible for your body
>>
File: minimalist_pepe.png (9KB, 558x565px) Image search: [Google]
minimalist_pepe.png
9KB, 558x565px
>>36290381
There is another room with only a desk and a chair and an iMac.
>>
>>36290173
When you don't have much you hang on to what you get faggot. It is mostly rich people that have less objects, because they know they can just go pick up whatever they want because money is no object. For poor people the objects are the money.
>>
>tfw you'll be living out of a single suitcase in 4 months

Gonna be good
>>
File: 1492277873111.jpg (505KB, 1757x2237px) Image search: [Google]
1492277873111.jpg
505KB, 1757x2237px
>>36290173
>Commits some crime
>Detectives spend years searching through room and living spaces
>Find you have several storage lockers
>Takes 50years to search through everything
>Got em'
>>
>if you're not a minimalist, you're a HOARDER!
>>
File: LepismaSaccharina.jpg (1MB, 2000x1435px) Image search: [Google]
LepismaSaccharina.jpg
1MB, 2000x1435px
>no bedframe
Enjoy insects crawling all over you at night. Also, it is horrible for ventilation, your mattress will smell horrible after some time.
>>
>>36291041
this.. also eventually a mouse or a rat will get in , fuck no. I had a mouse in my bed once just because my blanket was slightly touching the floor. It is scary as hell.
>>
>>36290208
I'm not the other anon, I just liked his thread and copied it.

>>36290336
It is.

>>36290381
Anon that's a very common picture of some concept architect house. It's posted all the time everywhere. I currently have a powerful desktop, a chromebook, and a little 2-in-1 windows netbook/tablet. It's too much and I think I'll just replace it all with a moderately powerful netbook.

>>36290587
Yes and no. You simply don't NEED all the crap you have in modern life. Is it really normal or sane for one person to own over 100 items of clothing? Or 100 items of tableware? Of course your life will be different according to your location and wealth.

>objects are the money
In the 3rd world maybe. Here in the first world the vast majority of consumer crap we accumulate have ZERO resell value. I live in a big city in western europe and I'm telling you that you're not going to resell your DVDs, blu-ray, video games, most pieces of furniture, most clothes, etc. You'll have to trash them or give them to the red cross or other NGOs, that will sometimes refuse them because they get TOO MUCH STUFF.

Poor people, if they eventually get relatively wealthy, will realize that material shit cannot help you. They're mesmerized with cars and smartphones and other trinkets, expensive homes with stupid fucking things like a swimming pool that you use less than a week/year but if they somehow got all of that they'd be really fucking disappointed.

But I won't say that it's possible to get to that stage without experiencing material overabundance. I think these are natural phases to go through.

>>36290591
That's nice. I'd like to try onebagging too at some point.

>>36290968
You probably are, anon.

>>36291041
Good point. I didn't even realize the mattress was directly on the floor.

>insects
Nope, that's what's nice with empty spaces, you can clean them every single day.

>>36291151
There are mice in your home because you're filthy and never clean.
>>
>>36290173
That chair doesn't look comfortable or ergonomic at all.
>>
>>36291622
>>Who is this rich son of a bitch that replies to everybody in every rich related thread?!?
Literally what I just shouted out loud. I fucking hate (You).
>>
>>36291622
I wish I could live in a comfy old house with tatami rooms and sliding doors opening out to the backyard.
>>
>>36290173
I wonder if minimalism is a sign of mental illness on the opposite end of the spectrum as hoarding belongs.

I often see videos of like zen old men talking about the value of this - but that's what it always is - old men.

I would argue people who have lost the desire to build a camp/gather resources for their camp, family or tribe are just waiting to die, much like those old men.

And then the opposite is the people who hoard to try to gain control over losing that tribe or family.
>>
>>36291900
Yes baka it's called OCD and it's way worse, and prevalent, than hoarding.
>>
>>36291872
Wewie anon please calm down. Let's be friends.

>>36291896
Me too desu.

>>36291900
I think it's more of a response to modern life. Like evolutionary gap? Some people get fat because they can't catch up with our modern abundance of food, some people get adhd for various reasons that probably include the fact that there's an overabundance of information now. We just have different weaknesses? Or maybe behavioral sink. It's all linked anyway. You could argue that hoarding shit makes sense when you have kids but I'm not sure.

Most of what people own is useless consumer shit that breaks down and become obsolete and can't be passed down. The only think you could pass down is a home but there are less and less owners now, people rent. Combine that with automation and immigration wreckingthe job market, I'm not sure your classic capitalism paradigm will hold much longer.

Minimalism is just an answer, a solution or a coping mechanism. Also I'd say most people never really realize they'll die. They think they do but they just gloss over the concept of death, they never actually feel that they'll die. They spend their lives running away from existential questions. Having kids, hoarding material goods, and many other things people do are just strategies to shield themselves from existential questions because it makes them feel immortal.
>>
>>36291900
could it be because you actually gain some experience growing older? You realize that just because you don't have stuff everywhere doesn't mean you don't sit on a ton of resources, right?
>>
File: m1arvEg.jpg (423KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
m1arvEg.jpg
423KB, 1536x2048px
>>36291900
For me it's just a natural evolution, I realized that 80% of the shit I owned had just been collecting dust for years. Random trinkets aren't resources in your life.
>>
>>36292175
Only thing I miss with a minimalist lifestyle is that I should have taken photos of mementos and other stuff that were nostalgic or memorable for me. I don't actually need that teddybear, or that little music box, or the halloween costume I had saved, but It would've been nice to have something that made me remember.
>>
A semi-famous japanese minimalist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYaxgVcgHLU
>>
>>36290173
>Minimalistic
>Pointless chair in the corner

Try again fake faggot
>>
I'm moving soon and I'm so excited to be minimal.
>>
>>36292852
A chair is very useful you idiot.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.