[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Piracy is a victimless crime. You're not stealing a

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: Anzu meow.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Anzu meow.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
Piracy is a victimless crime.

You're not stealing a product from a company.

"But it's like sneaking into a theme park without paying for tickets!"

You're not depriving someone else from enjoy a product. Most musicians are cool with people sneaking into their concerts and even give these people free VIP access (they are flattered that someone loves their music so much that they are willing to trespass to attend a showing).

example:
video of a guy sneaking into a Mumford And Sons concert. The band finds out and decides to let the guy into their tour bus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtuap6evX2k
>>
>>36266557
I really hate that thing anzu does with the tip of her nose
>>
>>36266557
if they are musicians like metallica and dr dre that regularly encourage people to rebel, and then call foul when someone has a bootleg then fuck them

thats a stupid youtube video too
>>
Buying used CDs is just as bad as piracy. not only that, but you're getting music in poorer quality because the CD has already been ripped before and also because it's .mp3.
>>
>>36266557
>everybody steals games
>company can't make a profit
>they stop making games for you to steal

You are the victim, dumbass.
>>
>>36266557
>i-i worked hard to make a good game, can- can I have some monies for it, I promise you will get your monies worth on the amount of hours you will play on it, please, I need to eat food
>>
>>36267738

>puts DRM, Denuvo, and DLC that cost more than the game
>>
>>36267738

Of all the big titles that came out in the past 10 years, only about 10% of them were worth buying.

Nier; Automata
>>
>>36266557
Someone give Anzu a sammich please.
>>
>>36267693
Hmmmm somehow Ubisoft still continues to make Games, what a shitty coincidence.
>>
>spend hours of writing somewhere like 10-15 songs, practicing, renting a studio, hiring an audio engineer, spending money on marketing and so on
>put up album for 10 dollars
>someone buys it and makes the music available to everyone for free
>"it's a victimless crime!!"
Support your favorite artists so that they can continue making the thing you love.
>>
>>36266557
it might be, but at the same time buying a product is an incentive to have more of the same quality being done.

I'd rather buy a game, book, comics, music and have more of that being made than pirate it and let the entertainment quality drop.
>>
>>36269389
>>36269242

The only time piracy hurts a company is if it's a small company/artist or the rare chance that over 80% of the consumers pirate the product .
>>
>>36269179

Correction:

Ubisoft and all the other big companies make GENERIC PIECES OF SHIT THAT ARENT EVEN WORTH A FUCKING YOUTUBE CLICK. And why?

>Be small game company
>Get btfo by all sorts of things including 1337 h4ckx0rs stealing all your fucking hard made games.
>Bigger corportations that can actually force people to use DRM systems by making games that primarily appeal to little fucking children like codlfops and call of poopy that are all multiplatform to generate the highest possible revenues, from the least customizable systems, with the least possibility of piracy infraction.
>Goodbye thoughtful game producers turning out classics like a fucking toaster turns out toast ala' 90's gaming, hello 2010 megacorps that reproduce cover-shooterXXII (this time its SJW approved).

Fuck all you cunts. Don't tell me that theft and terrorism have nothing to do with the erosion of civil liberties in an increasing surveillance society and don't fucking tell me that RIPPING OFF producers of games didn't help cause the shut-down of all the old, creative studios that made things Thief, Deus Ex etc.

Now everything had to be playable by some snot-nosed little shit with a ps4 controller. Fuck all of you.
>>
>>36269671
Isn't Ubisoft in the shitter because they fired all men devs and hired all women devs?
>>
On one hand it bad, and people compare it to stealing
On other there is no way of telling if they would actuality buy product if you could totaly prevent piracy
Personally I lean for piracy because
game have no demos, there is no way of telling what you buy both in content and bugless especially in full digital mode
As non american many thing are simply not available or really delayed in my region if not piracy how i would get that Norwegian horror, obscure manga, kpop album..
>>
>>36269242
At the same time
>browsing market
>"never heard of guy, better spend money on something else"
Vs
>pirate some random music
>"hey this guy is good, i better support him by buying his staff, and tell my friends about him "
>>
>>36270251

>buying and telling people about the artist

nah. What happens is that you pirate it and do nothing else. You only talk about the musician if someone else mentions it. Never have you ever made a thread about a new musician or posted a new musician in a recommendation/music thread.
>>
>>36270251
Nowadays there's this thing called Youtube where you can listen to all the new music for free. There's also other sites like Bandcamp where you can listen before you buy.
>>
>>36268744
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
>>
>>36271328

$10-$20 maybe, it's not worth the $40-$50 pricetag. The long METAL GEAR SOLID cutscenes weren't fitting for a hack-n-slash
>>
>Piracy hurts no one because it's not like the people who pirate can afford the product anyway
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.