[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is beauty objective?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: miloM.jpg (130KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
miloM.jpg
130KB, 750x1000px
Is beauty objective?
>>
>>36265224
To a degree, however it is mostly subjective.
>>
>that ugly cocoa puff nipple

Yes it is.
>>
>>36265244
>doesn't like puffy nips
Looks like you're objectively retarded phamily
>>
>>36265240
This

Someone can be objectively ugly, but some facial features will evoke something in someone and so on. What I find beautiful you will not be repulsed by her but you might not find her ideal to your tastes. Although if you ask me, my beauty ideals only evoke the best. so I guess there would be an actual objectivity, but nobody can see it because they have shit tastes.
>>
>>36265224
I'm not sure, but if it was objective then it would follow that something in this universe would objectively be the most beautiful thing, which to me is a crazy concept. An equally crazy concept though is the idea that sonic fanfiction could be better than shakespeare, so I don't know.
>>
>>36265224
>Is beauty objective?
You are sexually primed during your youth (has little to do with Freud by the way) and we have some hardwired stufff we find attractive (facial symmetry, hip to waist ratio in females, shoulder with in men etc.). People also select mates with compatible immune systems.

But it a long time ago I've read about this stuff. You could check out David M. Buss if you are ok with evolutionary psychology.
>>
Somewhat. Male thirst is fucking real and a lot of men will do anything to fuck almost all types of women besides the severely fat and severely deformed.

I myself don't believe in rating women on the 1 - 10 scale and I think that women can be attractive in many varying ways. I only think 'beauty' is objective in the sense that it doesn't involve someone very fat or very deformed.
>>
Is that a good hairstyle for a trap to have
>>
>>36265350
>An equally crazy concept though is the idea that sonic fanfiction could be better than shakespeare, so I don't know.

Shakespeare objectively blows, I have never experienced the nauseating level of frustration that comes from trying to read those books without feeling to sudden urge to disrupt the class by screaming loudly.
>>
>>36265391
This would be an objective perspective, which is funny gecause the selected attributes are subconsciously made.
>>
>>36265224
>>36265224
There is an Objective point that you need to reach. after it a door opens to a sea of subjectivity.
>>
>>36265224
No, it's all about the maxilla

More cunts should be public groping objects like that one

Who has the uncensored vid?
>>
>>36265391
text book retard. measure this on you before falling with you mouth open and choke on frueds dick.
i mean what you stated was stated before and it does answer the following question "can beuaty be subjective ?" not the question "is beauty objective" . its clear how you fix it (add "to an extent" to the beggining of your statement)
>>
File: IMG_1857.jpg (68KB, 403x420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1857.jpg
68KB, 403x420px
>>36265284
Please don't do this.
>Those aren't puffy
>Poster didn't post puffy

>Coco puff niddles

Underrated rating (commentary) of niddles
>>
>>36265224

Beauty is subjective but rated on a large scale can be objective. Pic related is beautiful because a large proportion of people would think it.

>>36265563
not that guy but either you're a fucking idiot or English isn't your first language (or second)
>>
>>36265563
Ok. Yes to be fair I might have not answered the question. But maybe the dichotomy of subjective vs objective isn't a good one.
From what I know part is learned (the sexual priming) the other part is nature.

Additionally some beauty is in humans in general and other in individuals but I don't know whatever there can be hardwired individual preferences except for the immune sytem stuff.
>>
>>36265864
not him, but i understood his reply well.
>>
>>36265948
yep, big part is hard wired.

if we look into ourselves. there is traits that are beautiful to you but not for other anons. thats subjectivity.
example : some like big butts .others dont focus on the butt and think onlyvniggers like it.
thats subjectivity. (it has something to do with genes ?)
>>
>>36265224

Yes.

If you are not tall, slim, young, charming then you can get out of town.
>>
>>36266197

forgott, white skin and light eyes, blonde hair is a bonus but not necessary
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.