[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fencing

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

File: download.jpg (21KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
21KB, 465x349px
Give me all your thoughts.

Chads seem to be more about contact sports or martial arts. Fencing is autistic like fishing for men - but for women, is it royal?
>>
I think it's kind of lame and useless but part of me thinks it might be cool actually

but its not going to be practical

whatdya think
>>
>>36253830
How the hell is fishing autistic? I wad under the assumption redneck chads love to fish.
>>
I always wanted to try if out. o even researched when they have lessons years ago and the closest clubs or classes were all 50+ miles away.
sad
>>
>>36253830
Too gay, try a martial art or kendo
>>
>>36253896
fishing is smelly and boring

not a sport either lol
>>
i hate how the fencing swords are like floss

so gay its not even swordfighting..
>>
fencing is extremely sweaty and most of the people who do it are kinda snobby.

to be really good you need private instruction or natural talent

if you have neither then you will lose to people who do. no sport is fun to lose all the time

also the rules within fencing limit creativity alot

there are exceptionally qt girls who try fencing but women want to associate with someone enjoying themselves and doing well not with someone getting frustrated and doing poorly.

That said I enjoyed fencing and would do it if there was a cheap way to do it.
>>
>>36254002
It has to be flexible otherwise they'd hurt each other
>>
>>36253982
Fishing is actually considered a sport by some and i'd disagree that it's boring. It's a good survival skill to have.

Fishing is cool, anon.
>>
>>36253896
fishin, hunting and trappin are lost arts

but fishin is definitely autistic, if you ever been on a deep sea fishin boat for a few weeks you'll see. A bunch of dudes who have tons of shit in common and barely talk to each other haha.
>>
Don't go into a sport or hobby that has an extremely shallow talent pool like fencing.
>>
I fenced in high school and ended up team captain. It's fun, but the sport seems to attract major shitheads.
>>
>>36254728
>the sport seems to attract major shitheads.

How so?
>>
surprised there are so many fencers here

what gives?
>>
>>36253830
homosexual meme sport, anyone who plays fencing is a loser and probably gay.
>>
Listen guys I had an idea called magnet fencing, basically it's fencing with broader swords that are magnetic, one edge is north and the other is south

What do you guys think, I think it would be fun
>>
File: 1491432708930.png (52KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1491432708930.png
52KB, 657x527px
>>36254791
sounds fun anon but idk if it would work much
>>
>>36254766
>George Patton
>>36254738
Fatties and lazy fucks who want get credit for a sport but don't want to put effort in and expect fencing to be like checkers, spoiled rich kids who buy expensive gear expecting it to make the good, screamers, tumblr dykes, and faggots were common. The decent fencers I usually encountered had better attitudes though.
>>
Fencing would be better if they used katanas.
>>
>>36254921
japanese fencing is called kendo you massive weeb fag
>>
>>36254935
only a weeb would know that
>>
Fencing is cool, but if you don't exercise correctly it leave you with one strong arm and one strong leg. Another arm and another leg will remain underdeveloped which can cause problems with a spine.
>>
>>36253830
Fencing is for try hard nerds and fedora tippers.

When I went to peek in on the fencing club at my college 4 guys had on fedoras over their head gear, no fucking joke.

Unless it's old school German frat fencing where you have the schmisse event it's trash.
>>
>>36254107
>That said I enjoyed fencing and would do it if there was a cheap way to do it.

I bring my foils, masks and gloves on picnics and play drunk fencing with my friends. I've had a few years of training and enough common sense to keep the injuries to a minimum, although I did break a sword and impale a guys leg once. He ended up thanking me for giving him an honest-to-god duelling scar.

Take home note: have fun and worry less about it. If you have a volleyball, play volleyball. If you have swords, go fence someone.

If you're talking about getting srs about fencing, /r9k/ may not be the right place.
>>
>>36256563
I know the feeling. Used to be in ARMA and a few buddies and I still get together twice a month to fight with blunt steel swords.

If you think it's fun, just do it. If you don't like the group make one or find a new one. The goal is to learn and have fun with your sport.
>>
>>36256353
It's easy mode for scholarships, very few people in the sport and most half ass it. My group never had any fedora tippers, you probably didn't join a real one. I don't see why an atheist would be drawn to it. If anything it's a yuppie private school WASP thing.
>>
>>36256664
very confused about the atheist thing, how would that even factor in. just seems like a cool sport
>>
>>36253830
Fuck no.

Fencing has been overtaken by sissy faggots and women. You won't find any sense of nobility that you usually associate with dueling and swordfighting. The rules have been stripped down to their most basic form, you're seeing who's faster with a wobbly safety stick, it's fucking lame.

If you want to go full autismo I recommend HEMA, vid related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo
>>
File: fencing.jpg (1MB, 1506x1117px) Image search: [Google]
fencing.jpg
1MB, 1506x1117px
>>36256664
It was the only one on campus that was listed with the university.

Most likely some idiots that just decided to apply for a group, but it was the only fencing group there.

When I went to Germany for abroad classes I was in awe at the ones in Berlin. I joined up there and had a blast until I had to come back.
>>
>>36256207
The first lightsaber duels were based off of kendo you tremendous faggot.
>>
>>36256726
hema is worse fencing. smelly, tryhard out-of-touch-with-reality metalheads for whom fencing wasn't special snowflake enough. too impatient/dull for fencing. not a good experience at all. you'll constantly be wondering whether the dudes around you have handlers and why they aren't there.
>>
>>36256797
I went with ARMA, nothing says fun like beating your friend in the head with the handle of a hand and a half sword.

Also full plate, bitches love a dude in full plate.
>>
>>36256726
yeah i'll stick to martial arts or MMA
>>
>>36256867
>MMA
just go with brazilian jiu jitsu, judo or muay thai. mma is code word for I don't really know any styles and I just like to get the shit kicked out of me by people with more experience than me.

seriously that shit is trash.
>>
>>36256923
Judo is gay as hell, almost as gay as wrestling
>>
>>36256955
>Japan asks masters from from many schools to come and showcase skills for police force
>Judo wins
yea totally gay my boi. That's why it's an Olympic event.
>>
>>36256923
Is capoeira Brazilian?
>>
>>36257002
if you want to make the case that something isn't gay, pointing to the fact that it's an olympic event isn't the most helpful thing to do.
>>
>>36257012
Yep, at one point and time martial arts was out right banned.

So they taught it using dance which was not illegal. So you got capoeira, it's a native martial art to Brazil.
>>
>>36257040
Sorry forgot it was banned for slaves. Who used dance to teach self defense to other salves. Derrr
>>
File: tumblr_mts5mnpvjN1rofk3wo1_1280.jpg (131KB, 1020x680px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mts5mnpvjN1rofk3wo1_1280.jpg
131KB, 1020x680px
do this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zueF4Mu2uM
>>
This thread is teetering on fedora territory and I'm scared the fedoras will all reveal themselves. It's happening..
>>
>>36253830

I practiced Eskrima for few years and it was actually pretty cool. It's more real life martial art than pure fencing because you learn to use all kind of weapons and how to fight against them. Dual wielding was also nice. I still have lots of different sticks and machetes. I also learned to fight without weapons and eskrima's footwork technique works in fistfights too.

You can do wonders with just a stick if you know how to use it.
>>
>>36257263
Eskrima locks are pretty fun, you can even use them with just your hands if you think of your opponents arms as just sticks.

also that double back spin my bro. catches them off guard every time.
>>
>tfw when a 10/10 heavenly blessed beauty russian fencer girl tried to get your attention in middle school, but you were too autismal to even look her in the eyes.
Feels bad man
>>
I fenced at university. Foil and sabre, and some epee lessons. I'll answer your questions.

First of all, they're not swords. They're either weapons or call them by their proper name, ie, foil, sabre, epee.

There seem to be a few types who are drawn to it. People in professional fields (law, medicine etc IDK why this is), drama geeks, larpers, a few historian types and fedora tippers, although the fedora tippers usually drop out early when they realise there is actual exercise involved.

Forget royalty or upper class connotations. The rich kids all played rugby or rowed (crew).
>>
>>36257932
It reminded me of TKD. Superior range and good speed mattered, and desu if you're a manlet it just isn't much fun. Judo is a good sport for manlets and lanklets alike though. There's a moveset to cater to both which feels nice. No one is left out.
>>
>Fishing
>Autistic
pick one
prooves /r9k/ is full of sheltred loudmouth blind peanut twinks underage.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (19KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
19KB, 470x313px
Spearfishing shall be kept away from underage normies who use the internet.
>>
File: 1490038761164.jpg (68KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490038761164.jpg
68KB, 720x540px
>>36253830
Sport fencing gets a bit boring after a while. Try doing HEMA
>>
It's fun. You should try it. People are probably less faggoty than in other sports. And it isn't a team sport, which is good
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.