[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you guys think that the Central African Republic's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: car_militia.jpg (102KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
car_militia.jpg
102KB, 1023x575px
Why do you guys think that the Central African Republic's militiamen like this have such sloppy gear and outfits? Clearly they can afford vehicles and heavy weaponry. Someone casually transporting a rocket like that is more than small arms. You'd think that these people could get together coherent uniforms and at least issue some kind of standardized AK for their men. I don't know why but I saw this picture and it baffles me why their soldiers look like they just raided a surplus shop and put on whatever fit.

Please don't say it's because they're black Africans.
>>
>>36233027
>Why do you guys think that the Central African Republic's militiamen like this have such sloppy gear and outfits? Clearly they can afford vehicles and heavy weaponry. Someone casually transporting a rocket like that is more than small arms. You'd think that these people could get together coherent uniforms and at least issue some kind of standardized AK for their men. I don't know why but I saw this picture and it baffles me why their soldiers look like they just raided a surplus shop and put on whatever fit.Please don't say it's because they're black Africans.
Ok
>>
>>36233027
It's war not a fashion show. They have different priorities. As long as they can differentiate themselves from the enemy it works, right?
>>
>>36233052
Yeah, that is a good point. These guys don't exactly have a stable state and military. I guess the money not spent on looking professional lets them buy more of those dope rockets.

>tfw you'll never just ride around in a pickup with enough firepower to give a modern armored vehicle pause
>>
File: ows_138809915187916.jpg (530KB, 1289x989px) Image search: [Google]
ows_138809915187916.jpg
530KB, 1289x989px
>>36233027
africans aren't capable of military discipline and organization, it's too much for their brains, that's why there weren't capable of conquering anyone else besides themselves.

When they are presented weapons that they wouldn't be able to develop by themselves in a million years, they obviously struggle to comprehend how to properly perform with those.
Which is why africa is a eternal shithole, always at the brink of the next civil war. Since they all lack the means of truly implementing contemporary military tactics, no one can consistently achieve the upper hand, unless supported by a great power.
>>
>>36233137
That sounds kind of prejudiced, anon. Out of the population of millions there are still going to be quite a few very intelligent black Africans who could competently outfit and command an army.

Maybe things are just going super badly for them in this image and men who could get shot in ethnic conflict any day don't give a shit about what they wear and carry.
>>
>>36233181
>there are still going to be quite a few very intelligent black Africans who could competently outfit and command an army.

those people who have been killed before adulthood for not following the animalistic natural of the rest of them growing up
>>
>>36233181
It's not prejudiced, it's just a harsh reality. Surely there may be individual that make up for it, but it's too much of an exception to really matters.

Which means that, overall, their ethnicity is undeveloped intellectually to deal with the hierarchical challenges that a contemporary army has.

You see, it's not just about the "commander", it's the whole chain of command, the logistical support, the industry to make the ammunition, the spare parts for the vehicles and so forth. And geez, nowadays we have access to so many blueprints, hard tested facilities for serial, efficient production of these things that there's no excuse, subsaaharans africans unfortunately were left complacent for far too much time, biologically contrasting with the other ethnicities that thrived through commerce, rivalry and organized war.
>>
>>36233275
That's not true and you know it, anon. There are still black Africans who are smart enough to kind of keep the whole thing going. Someone has to organize the international arms dealers, someone has to at least get these guys their weapons and gear. There's still banks and companies and even a really small kind of middle class in a lot of black African countries.

Can you really say that the smart ones just get killed by their peers for being notably smart?
>>
>>36233315
Do you think that things would improve if people had stable and reliable access to things like schools and food and clean water and electricity and the like?

I'm not at all suggesting just giving them all that shit but wondering what is wrong with certain portions of Africa and how it might be fixed.

The OP photo really activated my almonds.
>>
>>36233275
Kind of true. More than likely they were drafted as child soldiers and deprived the opportunity to do anything constructive. Or born into a system of warlords or authoritarians whim would rather have docile, scared workers than a productive, free society.
>>
>>36233362
Most definitely, but from what history shows, I think only through a hard hand of an enlightened ruler, unifying large portions under the same rule, law and religion.

Democracy simply doesn't work in africa, at least not from the scratch, wobbling through the years vulnerable to the slight gust of unrest, culminating in another devastating war that takes away whole decades of progress. it must be implemented only after the institutions that you mentioned are in place, otherwise they will have to deal with that eternally.
It may change with the chinese influence, if they implement some sort of corporatocracy, in which the financial interest of a great power mobilizes the progress of a backwards country from the cheer necessity of the metropolis, while providing the so need security for the required stability. Something the white colonialist somewhat did (at least in the countries that weren't so brutally subdued), but without the racial aspect that put everything to waste in the end.
>>
>>36233549
Certain parts of Africa's present aren't entirely unlike China's history as recently as the 20th century. It was a very backwards place with ongoing civil war and was a shithole in general.

I wouldn't be surprised if they treat Africa like a soft colony and just farm their economy for slow long term gain and influence. But this isn't /pol/.

OP here. /thread probably is good now.
>>
Holy shit why doesnt europe just conquer them....
Oh wait, we did and made the mistake and left them on their own because of muh humanity feels.
Africa can only flourish under white mans rule.
>>
File: 1453407269542.jpg (26KB, 387x512px) Image search: [Google]
1453407269542.jpg
26KB, 387x512px
>>36233027
>sloppy gear and outfits
For a army with a very limited budget this is a non issue, I think most combatants prefer their own sloppy setup rather then having to maintain a uniform which can very well complicate there lives as now they have to maintain some sort of aesthetic.

>Clearly they can afford vehicles and heavy weaponry
Not in large amounts, I would think that RPG are very common as numerous countries make them for export specifically for war zones, not only that they are relatively easy to transport unlike a actual heavy weapon, vehicles can be bought legally and on a civilian market therefor they are easy to acquire, Many vehicles are likely to have been repossessed by the army from civilians.

> You'd think that these people could get together coherent uniforms
Waste of money when you can acquire arms

>at least issue some kind of standardized AK
First you have to have the money to buy these AK's, then you have to find a country willing to sell you the AK's, Countries which would supply arms are likely to have their own terms on why they would do so, for example the vast majority of AK's are type-56s made in China, unless you have a vast amount of money or are willing to sell the resources of your country to China it's unlikely they would sell to you.

Then you have Iran which manufactures AKs for export without serializing or legally exporting, except the government is fighting Muslim Seleka rebels and therefor Iran would not supply a war against Muslim faction.

Russia very rarely sells surplus to third world nations at war, at least that seems to be the case, No European country which produces AK or has surplus would be willing to sell because of legal repercussions, I remember reading in the past that a lot of the arms coming in are coming from Sudan through a variety of organizations like the Government and also illegal weapons dealers, Also a few recently made Polish AKs got into the country but in very small amounts.
>>
>>36233275
this.

t. blackbot who went to a black middle school
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.