[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tips for quitting? was a pack a day smoker almost 24 hrs in,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: Newport_cigarettes.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
Newport_cigarettes.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
tips for quitting? was a pack a day smoker

almost 24 hrs in, i do not feel well, I feel extremely bad and I'm shaking
>>
>>36226929
Just stop. The withdrawals aren't as bad as people make them out to be. You'll feel gross for 2-3 days and then you'll be fine.
>>
>>36226929
Cravings are what you'll have to fight those are the hardest.
>>
>>36226929

Get your hands on a vape if you can. Don't worry about the negative stigma. It's an invaluable tool for quitting. You can ween yourself slowly off nicotine while keeping the inhalation of nasty shit down to a minimum.

If you're quitting cold turkey, it's gonna suck. You're gonna feel like shit for a while and then it'll fade. The cravings will always always be there though. Cigarettes are a bitch.
>>
>>36226929
they raised them up to 10 dollars where im at, and i smoked one a day, i still want to quit though
>>
If you smoke a little bit of T in your weed bowls every couple of days but don't smoke cigs is that fine?

Not a big tobacco guy but I love the head rush a tobacco/weed bowl gives you.
>>
>>36226929
try a vape or nicotine gum
>>
>>36226972
and you'll crave a cigarette when you wake up, and have breakfast, and step out the door, and first arrive at school/work, and when you have lunch, when you finish classes, when you first arrive home, when you finish your homework, and when you get ready for bed.

It's not as easy as the headaches and agitation for 3 days you nonsmoker. otherwise everyone would quit, no problem.
>>
>>36226929

You probably won't make it

Original advice
>>
>>36226929
Eat a lot of junk and greasy food and smoke weed.
>>
get a vaporizer and get some juice with at least 12mg or 18mg of nicotine

you won't have any cravings, and then over the next couple months keep lowering the amount of nicotine.
>>
>>36227220
You think that didn't happen to me? Quit being a little bitch and distract yourself with other things that you can easily quit after your withdrawals taper off.
>>
File: crop season.png (65KB, 297x308px) Image search: [Google]
crop season.png
65KB, 297x308px
>>36226929
>Newport menthols

Those are nigger cigarettes if I've ever seen them
>>
>>36227148
You're getting a big amount of tobacco sucked into your lungs all at one time. Of course it isn't good for you. That being said it might be different from cigs, part of the thing with cigs is you crave taking a drag of one.
>>
>>36227109
>>36227276
I tried vaping before in the past, I really enjoyed it but I started losing my hair, it was thinning fast as fuck on top...

I quit vaping and went back to smoking and it grew back, hair is thick again.

shrug
>>
Try to smoke 'natural' tobacco, this means without the sugar and flavor additions that the companies put on your cigarette, which are put there to make you more dependent on it because they add nothing to flavor at all.

Do this for two months, you'll see that whenever you see yourself without a cigarette, the uncomfortable urge to smoke will not be there anymore, the thought will come to your head but you will be able to simply ignore it.

I did this and worked, if I'm still smoking it is because it was a completely deliberate decision because I like it very much, but now I know how to put an end to it without much suffering.
>>
>>36227243

weed doesn't fly as well with me, i end up craving nicotine but anyway, i agree with you otherwise.

cigarette withdrawal will increase your appetite tenfold, and if you're a skinny NEET the best thing for you would probably be to eat a lot of greasy, fatty-foods anyway.

keep your blood sugar up OP, it's crucially important to prevent you from feeling like constant death.

sincerely someone who still smokes (but has been through the process before, earlier in the week in fact)
>>
>>36226929

You're almost out, DO NOT STOP NOW DONT THE FIRST 30 HOURS ARE THE HARDEST PART I BELIEVE IN YOU
>>
>>36226929

You happen to be in Cali OP?
>>
>>36227555

Lol these tax hikes right? Me and my brother bought a goodbye carton and are weening off. Fuck this state.
>>
>buy huge bag of jolly ranchers
>every time you want a cig, suck on one
>the sweet, sugary coating in your mouth will make a cig unappetizing

repeat until you're not a worthless addict
>>
>>36227874
t. jolly ranchers rep
>>
>>36226929
replace it with another addiction
>>
>>36227584
Dude tomorrow they're making it illegal for anyone under 21 to buy tobacco here in Oregon. It's fucked. I'm 19. I don't smoke cigs ever other than occasionally outside at a party to break the ice with girls or with friends but I'd like the freedom to be able to buy them at least.
>>
>>36228671
Buy a whole carton then

It'll probably last you 2 years if you're just an occasional smoker
>>
>tfw got a vape and since I've used it haven't smoked
I sometimes go 2 days without using my vape or feeling the urge to get nicotine into my system it's weird.
>>
>>36227300
>you think I wasn't scared shitless too? bro just man up and get laid it's really not that bad.

This is what you sound like right now
>>
Vape. Seriously mane
>>
Stick with it, OP. I'm proud of you.
>>
File: ROOC.png (34KB, 294x300px) Image search: [Google]
ROOC.png
34KB, 294x300px
>using vuse ecig for the past 4 days because I wanted nicotine while I drank
>went through a cartridge each day
>find out each one has 4.8% nicotine which is apparently pretty fucking high
Am I gonna die r9k please save me
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.