[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/uni/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 200
Thread images: 42

File: 1488234980509.jpg (93KB, 588x473px) Image search: [Google]
1488234980509.jpg
93KB, 588x473px
Failing fucking college algebra with no hope of passing edition

Shoot me
>>
File: 1483750400585.jpg (25KB, 221x228px) Image search: [Google]
1483750400585.jpg
25KB, 221x228px
>>36204220
>tfw couldn't understand algebra at all in school
>only learned it years later when i needed it in the context of a video game to maximize my dps
>>
File: Stoya.gif (1021KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
Stoya.gif
1021KB, 500x278px
>when you did much better on your exam than you thought you did
>>
File: 1TCA.gif (1MB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
1TCA.gif
1MB, 600x358px
Don't worry, I failed 6 classes throughout my time in uni. I got the degree and now I do fancy molecular dynamics.
>>
File: 1471143338185.gif (2MB, 498x437px) Image search: [Google]
1471143338185.gif
2MB, 498x437px
>>36204220
I honestly failed college calc 4 times in a row /r9k/ is it possible I had/have a learning disability? Is dyscalculia real? I know it's too little too late now but literally my only dream as a kid was majoring in CS and eventually going into either gaming or AI research but at this point my parents have forced me into business which I hate and I fully plan on killing myself in the near future, but I at least want to know am I just an actual retard who failed on his own merit or is it possible that I had some sort of actual fucking disability (which my parents don't believe in so it would never get treated and would also make me a retard but at least I'd have an excuse)
>>
File: just.png (199KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
just.png
199KB, 456x320px
>prof writing important dates (test, essay due) on the board
>pull out my phone to put them in my calendar
>"Anon is texting!"
>"Put that away Anon, or I'm going to take it until class is over"
what the fuck this is fucking uni not elementary school
in this same class they have us discuss how today's subject applies to our life and we have to share every day
>>
>>36204930
Go watch some gurren lagann, noob.

I was awful at math throughout middle school, until I found the way to learn - I made my own game in adobe flash. Variables? Sure, position and velocity and stuff. Vectors? Yeah, directions. Calculus? Well, how smooth do you want each movement step to be? Infinitely means infinitesimally small steps.

Frankly though, the math gets harder and harder and you just have to push your way through. It's a royal bitch, but not impossible! Right now I'm teaching myself tensors, and fuck, it's fucking hard. Like holy shit hard. As hard as going through algebra the first time was...except...maybe harder, because there aren't many people out there to help me.

I doubt you have a disability; if anything you are probably higher than avg intelligence, but you're battling a combination of depression and anxiety over one of the biggest challenges in your life. Just double down on it.
>>
>>36204220
Just take it again, you dumb ass.
>>
>>36204220
Failing on the verge of graduation.
You have no fucking clue
>>
>>36205327
cue the asiatic clam man
>>
>>36204930
If you genuinely tried and it didn't make sense to you, then math isn't for you.
>>
Don't take this the wrong way but how do you guys do bad at school? Or even go on the verge of failing?

I'm graduating with honors in a STEM major this semester. It was easy because I had no friends or social life so I could study. You guys have no social life either. So what's the problem?
>>
>>36204930
You would have to tell us why you failed. Also, if you planned to major into CS to go into those things, you fell for the meme. Because the only way to make it is to use up your free time and create projects while also doing school. Almost impossible
>>
>>36205408
Some people give up trying. That's what depression will do to you if you let it persist.
>>
>>36205408
You ever think that maybe some people don't want to do good at school because that's fucking stupid? What the fuck being good at gaming the system do for you?
>>
>>36205465
I have depression too. I had enough time to wallow in self pity and study because again, no social life.

>>36205498
Then why go lol?
>>
>>36205520
You go because you went with the flow of what everyone else did.
>>
>>36205520
>and study because again, no social life.
No hobbies either apparently.
>>
>work at consistent and healthy pace throughout semester
>maintain grades
>never feel particularly overwhelmed
>last few weeks of semester arrive
>professors all cram their deadlines and exam dates in the same one week period
>realize this too late
>overwhelmed
>reality sets in that there's no way to get all this shit done and finish semester with GPA intact
>welcome apathy

Is it that time for anyone else?
>>
>>36205564
Oh, well that sucks. Can't drop out either I guess.

C's get degrees though so it's all good.

>>36205599
Just the basic 4chan stuff. video games, comics, and tv/movies.Still had a lot of time.
>>
>>36205617
It hasn't set it in yet. I think it's because once you fall into the trap enough, you just don't care anymore.
>>
>just finished lab report
>realize it was supposed to be handed in 1 week ago instead of the usual 2 week deadline
>fucking panicking and sent the lab instructor a begging message saying i fucked up
>if i dont hand this in i have to repeat the course

how fucked am i guys? give it to me straight.
>>
>>36205705
You would have to tell us what kind of school you go to and how your lab instructor is as well as your track record.

But really, repeating a course is no sweat.
>>
>>36205408
Because the majority of the people on /r9k/ are depressed shut-ins who are so afraid of life they use escapism like video games, anime, and 4chan which consume all of their free time they could be using for studying, and the few times they go to class they don't pay attention because they missed so much and they're lost.
>>
>>36205705
Every single professor in every single college class gives a syllabus out to everyone on day one of class which has all your deadlines. I really don't understand how people miss them so much and act surprised.
>>
>>36205781
You don't understand how constant work and stress could possibly cause someone to forget something when they also have to study constantly and memorize a ton of information on which they might as well set their whole life upon because if they fail they're fucked.
>>
>>36205283
>what is GPA
>>
>>36205835
What the fuck are you talking about? If you take it again, it should clear out the other grade. Why the fuck would they count it twice?
>>
>>36205826
>cause someone to forget something

Put it in your phone and set an alarm. It's really that simple. You're - or someone is - paying a shit ton of money to go to school the very least you can do is pass it
>>
>>36204220
>tfw spent all night having existential crises
>ended up calling my mother multiple times
Alright lads what do I do when she wakes up? she doesn't believe in mental issues or anything so she's going to be pissed as fuck when she wakes and sees I called in the middle of the night l
>>
>>36205719
If I don't make this class, it has no classes in the summer and it will fuck up my schedule bigly.

AHHHHH

Just fuck my shit up senpai

>>36205781
>xd just memorize all the dates its easy.

the ta didnt even give us a reminder. plus we are fucking first years.
>>
>>36205865
Tell her the truth lad.

The more you wait, the worse it'll get. You need to build trust with someone who's connected to you.
>>
File: Abstract_Hell.png (104KB, 500x525px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract_Hell.png
104KB, 500x525px
>tfw failing a course and it's the final attempt
>tfw you only have 3 courses left to graduate
>>
>>36205826
You don't need to remember anything. Write things down, put them in a spreadsheet, planner, whatever
>>
>>36205875
>just memorize all the dates its easy.
>it's on a physically piece of paper
>it's online
>put it in your fucking phone
>put it in a notepad on your computer

There's no memorization, you're just lazy and didn't care.
>>
>>36205859
>You're - or someone is - paying a shit ton of money to go to school the very least you can do is pass it
This mindset is pretty dumb. It's like saying, you've got a life, the least you could do it live it. But who cares about that? It's all about the money.
>>
>>36205136
I tried 4 times anon my GPA is so low I'm not even allowed to take it again.
>>
File: dostoyevsky.jpg (49KB, 335x500px) Image search: [Google]
dostoyevsky.jpg
49KB, 335x500px
>tfw you're the weak link in all your group projects

it's a surprisingly bad feel
>>
>>36205947
If you're the weak link, there's a good chance you probably have bigger issues.
>>
>>36205922
Fine if they money doesn't matter to you let me rephrase:
- You're going to school to learn, you might as well learn
- You're spending moments of your life at this place, you might as well get something out of it
There, happy? Try dodging that one.
>>
>>36205880
If it was anyone else i might consider it but my mother is the biggest bitch I know she's the cause of most my problems in life so far, if it wasn't for natural instinct I'd have dropped her long ago
>>
>>36205997
Then why did you call her? I'm so confused. You know suicidal hotlines are always available to talk to right? They'll talk with you about anything.
>>
>>36206030
I'm not going to kill myself if anything death scares the fuck out of me, but when it's the middle of the night and I'm hyperventilating worried if my life exists at all I run for natural comforts as anyone would it's only hours later I snap out of it and realize I'm in a unique position and my mother hates me and is crazy as fuck
>>
>>36204220
>failed math last year
>failing a different math this year
such is the life of a brainlet
>>
>>36206283
The only way you can fail math is if you don't try very hard at it, or you're slow. First one is not that difficult to cure, the latter is a living hell.
>>
>>36205444
I don't know why I failed I tried my hardest and even went to tutoring I couldn't get it. As for the reason I major in cs it's because AI is legitimately the only thing I've ever been truly interested in.
>>
>>36206380
That's kind of weird. Maybe if you care enough, you would learn college algebra in your free time. Also work on some AI stuff in your free time for apps and such.
>>
>bad grades in high school but have good test scores
>got to community college and get decent grades working 40 hour wagecuck job
>transfer to state university and major in fucking communications (wanted to be a sports radio host)
>graduate but too nervous and axious to find a job
>find a girl who is pretty introverted and a stoner and she's just finishing up her CC now and about to transfer to my old school

basically i really want to go back there because i only had 2 years there, but i don't miss school or give a fuck about school at all. all i wanna do is smoke and chill but i know i need to get my shit together and get a job. i dont know if moving back there at 24 will be wierd or not. i just want to make friends again. i know you guys are thinking college is stressful, but holy fuck graduating is fucking shit

just take me back
>>
>>36206572
There's nothing weird about a 24 year old, but what is weird is going back to school when you want to be something that doesn't even require school.
>>
>>36206587

i don't know what i want to do anymore or have any idea what i want to do. i know i sound pathetic but i've fucking regressed the 2 years since graduating and now, i have no idea what job i want.

i thought about being a sports journalist, but (((the media))) is corrupt as fuck and the pay is shit
i thought about becoming a history teacher or something, but working with the dumbass women teacher would make me rage. plus i fucking hated school overall
maybe real estate? fuck
>>
File: 123.jpg (40KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
40KB, 535x577px
>tfw you procrastinate like crazy and fuck up on an exam worth 100%
>tfw you were set to graduate in June

I genuinely feel as though I failed the exam, but we haven't received our grades yet. Anyone else have this happen to them? Should I beg my professor for a passing grade? He's from South Korea, and he seems like a really nice guy, but I feel so ashamed. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>36206987
I saw you in the other thread. Good luck anon, try and talk to your professor but don't outright beg. You don't even have a good excuse lined up.
>>
>>36206096
In those situations call/text a good friend or anyone else besides the person who's one of the main sources of your issues, I don't know what you expected out of this
>>
File: wojak h-h-heh.png (233KB, 568x590px) Image search: [Google]
wojak h-h-heh.png
233KB, 568x590px
>>36205498
>W-why would I want to do well at something I chose to be a part of at the extent of thousands upon thousands of dollars in student debt? That'd be STUPID!
>>
>>36205077
wow, wtf are you actually in middle school?
>>
Some people are just too brainlet for math. Maybe it's just not your thing.
Like for me math and logic is really easy but when it comes to human interaction and socialization I'm a fcking retard
>>
File: image.png (68KB, 421x248px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
68KB, 421x248px
>Insomnia with at most 2 hours of sleep
>full day later with 3 classes and a lot of walking around

How cheap are benzos on most campuses?
>>
>>36204220
>have joking conversation with friend of mine in class
>make a joke that ugly people are more well-rounded when compared to attractive people
>"hey, we gotta compensate so we have to be smart, make jokes, we gotta be damn near renaissance men"
>jokingly say "Shit, I'm proud to be ugly"
>random Stacy I wasn't even talking to blurts into my conversation and says "ANON, you're not ugly! You just have a unique face!"

What the FUCK did she mean by that?
>>
tfw drinking in class again
can't do it without it
>>
In our class there is a guy who really looks just like m00t. Should I tell him?
Also, classes are boring, I'm failing most of them, but don't even care at this point.
>>
>>36205746
this is the truth i think. some of us are genuinely low iq though.
>>
>see exam score which determines if it's even possible for me to pass the class is posted
>scared to look at it because it may kill any motivation I have left
>>
File: 1488025770024.png (6KB, 342x245px) Image search: [Google]
1488025770024.png
6KB, 342x245px
>>36209084
Just a hoe trying to score social brownie points in front of everyone.
>>
>>36206302
tons of people fail math. i think you vastly underestimate how many brainlets there are

t. 4th year uni student double majoring in math

>>36204930
dude the majority of people fucking suck at math. think of all the arts students that would also fail calc. you don't have a learning disability you're probably not mathematically inclined. some people find it easy some people don't, it doesn't mean you're retarded.

don't kys
>>
>>36206987
Do you have a Student Services type thing? Claim you are depressed (probably true given you're on /r9k/) or some shit like that.
>>
>>36209084
You look strange but not unattractively so.
>>36209254
You should never bring up 4chan.
>>
File: IMG_2910.png (340KB, 858x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2910.png
340KB, 858x360px
>>36204220
>just finished an all-nighter for a 25-page essay
>essay is due in 1 hour

I'm not sure if I should feel relieved or afraid.
>>
I have no WiFi at home so have been walking into uni everyday in order to finish this one last assignment. I end up staying 5 hours, 4 of which I spend on here :^)

And I have 3 exams coming up this month for whose lectures I only attended the first 4 weeks of. To be fair I was using the time not spent in lectures pretending to do my other assignments and browse r9k too
>>
>>36208846
Anon this should be obvious but I have literally no friends
>>
>tfw you are actually good
>tfw you are still totally burnt out and just trying to live through your master now

How do I find will to achieve something?
>>
>>36209241
That was me for months dude. I tried to bring it up with a friend and they didn't take me seriously; jokingly called me a lad.

I smoke weed now, only at night, but I miss shotgunning strongbow in the bathrooms, in a horrible, nostalgia-goggled way, it was what I looked forward to most in the day
>>
>suspended from uni for one year due to academic failure
>Still in my first year despite technically "going to school" for two years (three if you count the suspension)
>Turning 24 this year

Is there any hope for me lads?
>>
>taking a french class
>almost every single assignment asks about activities with your friend/friends
>have to make up every single assignment
>>
>go to uni
>get bad anxiety and can't attend seminars
>drop out
>apply to new uni for next year, one i wanted to go to in the first place
>get in
>think im gonna make it this time
>end up in the same place, behind on all work, incredibly poor attendance
>on the verge of dropping out again

time to kill myself
>>
>shy lookong qt sitting on the ground in front of me waiting for the teacher to arrive
>write down classroom, date and appearance of teacher to see if i can find her on fb after doing some meme forensics
wish me luck, boys
>>
I'm doing ok in my classes, but I'm pretty much counting on the curve to help me pass ch101 with a c or better so I can transfer into the engineering department I want. Even then my GPA looks like shit, so I'm probably going to get stuck with something I don't want, but if I get a c I'm guaranteed a spot somewhere.

Unrelated to grades, I've been parousing the local Craigslist postings, and I think I've found a legit couple that's into cucking, so I might be losing my virginity soon, but I'm nervous to go to some strangers house and fuck his wife. I'm a pretty big dude, but I feel like I could be setting myself up to get roofied and/or robbed. Anyone with experience with Craigslist/Backpage dealings?
>>
>>36212258
bring pepper spray. if you take a gun with you they'll freak out.
>>
>>36204263
What game? Details pls
>>
do people actually major in memes y would someone do that for 4 years
>>
File: 1329495083061.jpg (37KB, 191x191px) Image search: [Google]
1329495083061.jpg
37KB, 191x191px
>internship interview in 2 days and 8 days
feels good but nervous man
>>
>me and sister both in uni
>I was always the one with the lower grades, she always got straight A's and 4.0gpa
>majoring in CS because it is useful in the work field
>she is majoring in Spanish for no reason other than she is good at it
>parents fully encourage her because of her 4.0gpa
>anytime I try to tell her that a Spanish major is absolute shit she gets pissed
>for real everyone in Europe speaks 10 languages, it's not a special skill. We even have google translate

it's a tough job market nowadays. what do?
>>
File: 1491089266907.jpg (9KB, 261x192px) Image search: [Google]
1491089266907.jpg
9KB, 261x192px
>english major
how big of a mistake am I making
>>
File: 1487170513292.jpg (42KB, 316x311px) Image search: [Google]
1487170513292.jpg
42KB, 316x311px
>19
>somewhat addicted to alcohol
>usual liquor guy is unreliable as fuck
>been dry for a week and a half

someone kill me
>>
>>36204220

What are you having trouble with? Maybe I can help you understand
>>
>>36205617
This. Currently writing one of my two overdue papers. Don't care at all
>>
>in lab working on CS projects
>constantly overhear several of my classmates mention their plans for the summer
>most have internships lined up, jobs, etc.
>I have no such thing -- never had an internship period

I'm a junior and it only occurred to me this semester that I'm supposed to have participated in an internship by now.

Am I fucked?
>>
>in class for my major
>prof says he went to this same uni for his degree and masters
>he is in the field I want to go in
>apparently he had a 0.5 gpa and somehow brought it back

Most inspirational thing I have heard from a prof.
>>
>>36216107
>in uni
>can't find alcohol

Literally how
>>
>tfw got 33 on the first exam in college algebra
>got 85 on the second
>got 76 on the final
Passed the class. Step up nigga.
>>
If you're not majoring in something were jobs are in demand just go to trade school you dumb fucks
coastibg through a shitty major with a sub 3.0 gpa is literally a waste of time.
>>
>>36206302
>or you're slow
tfw the latter
I need to rewatch Khan Academy videos like 3 times to understand shit.
>>
File: 1491775629866.png (197KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
1491775629866.png
197KB, 500x276px
Looks like I'm going to lost 15% of my module because I uploaded a piece of coursework as a draft and didn't properly submit it, thinking drafts got submitted automatically at the deadline. I sent my lecturer a copy a hour and a half after the deadline because I didn't receive an email confirming my submission but he won't mark it.
>>
>>36217004
I'm majoring in secondary education with a focus on english

I don't know if english teachers are in demand or not but I'm too far in to quit
>>
What's college algebra like in America?
Is it like groups and rings or more vector spaces/matrices?
>>
>>36217166
*going to lose
*an hour
>>
>>36217180
College algebra is not linear algebra. I'm not from the US, but I think it's one level below pre-calc.
>>
>>36217253
daheck? I took precalc in 11th grade
>>
>>36217179
Well why the fuck did you not research the job market before paying the tuition you dumb fuck
>>
File: 1489962435469.jpg (576KB, 2260x2177px) Image search: [Google]
1489962435469.jpg
576KB, 2260x2177px
Who here /insomnia/?

I think that I've only gotten around 16 hours of sleep total in the past 7 days
>>
>>36218196
When I was in /uni/ I fucked my sleep pattern so bad, that I would be half asleep in classes. It took me like 1 month to fix my pattern, that was after dropping out.
>>
>>36216107
I had to read your post 3 times before I realized what you meant by "usual liquor guy". America seems like a strange place. Yes to guns, no to drinking under 21. What do the cops do if they catch you with drink?
>>
>>36205826
What is a calendar?
>>
File: 882.png (204KB, 444x446px) Image search: [Google]
882.png
204KB, 444x446px
>>36204220
I took dual enrollment College Algebra in HS, passed with a C, and never took it again.

I never failed a class, I just barely pass somehow. Maybe it's a magic spell or some shit.
>>
>>36218416
Shoot you.
>>
File: 1411240026683.jpg (39KB, 435x369px) Image search: [Google]
1411240026683.jpg
39KB, 435x369px
>Algebra test tomorrow
>haven't studied for shit
>have no classes in the morning so I can stay up late

Can it be done lads?
>>
>>36213769
What are the positions for?
>>
>>36217667
I fell for the "do what you want to do" meme
>>
>>36219957
I did exactly that just a few days ago and ended up getting a B on the test

I had to snort a bit of addy and drink a bunch of coffee, though
>>
>>36204220
I couldn't pass algebra 2 in high school. I truly don't have any business attending college
>>
>>36220172
I have 1.5L of enegry drink in the fridge. It can be done.
>>
About to graduate with a liberal arts degree, so basically a meme degree. Got it for free though due to scholarships.

Should I go back to get an associate's in IT? Would it be worth it?
>>
>>36215877
Not a mistake at all as long as you have a plan.
>>
>>36220231
most people say that associates are useless nowadays. why not go for a bachelors?
>>
>basically 2 weeks left (now through the 24th - not counting finals)
>every teacher is overly "schools almost over" everyday
Even 1 day is 1 day too many, as far as I'm concerned we're nowhere close to done.

>>36220231
You sure you can't get anything with what you have? Do you now hate the subject (assuming it was more specific than just liberal arts) that much?
>>
>>36220291
I'd go for the associates, but the college in question is just a CC satellite of a bigger university where I would then go for a bachelor's in computer science or something

>>36220309
I really like it, but I don't feel like I'd be doing much with it by itself. My alternate plan is to go to grad school to teach it (eventually getting a PhD to be a professor) but I'm trying to assess all of my options here.
>>
>>36205408
I spend 12 hours a day watching anime and 8 hours reading manga or light novels. There's just no time for studying in my busy schedule.

I'm also too depressed to get out of bed most days, so there's that.
>>
>>36220375
Would it be expensive for you to study for an associates? I mean, if you're not planning on working you might as well keep studying.

sorry, if I'm not much help, but I'm a college dropout
>>
>>36220454
Not really. I can just take a break for a year to earn enough money to supplement it without taking out student loans. The bachelor's is a completely different story.

I'm going to try to find relevant employment first, if that doesn't work out, I'm gonna go back to college anyways.
>>
File: 1491776733374.jpg (37KB, 600x614px) Image search: [Google]
1491776733374.jpg
37KB, 600x614px
>Put time, thought and effort into an assignment
>C
>Half ass an assignment the night before it's due having not read the corresponding material, and not caring what mark you get
>A
I just don't know any more lads
>>
>>36210627

Kek had a class like this called "social problems". it basically turned into creative writing where I made up stories about how I violated social norms and all this bullshit.
>>
Thinking about not returning to uni after year 1 even though I don't know what the fuck else to do. Not doing bad grade-wise but I just feel no dedication to it anymore and just want to be out doing something useful
>>
>>36220549
Some fields have accelerated programs for those with a BA/BS. Paralegal (at a CC) is one such thing. Normally it'd be 60 hours but post-bac is only 32 or so. Not shilling for paralegal per se, but it's a thought.
>>
>>36220634
I've thought about that, but I've heard being a paralegal is a meme-tier profession.

Also, I talked with the program director, he said most of my gen en credits would transfer over (I would be going back to the same school btw), so getting the degree would be quicker and cheaper.
>>
>have to write 10 page paper on the governor of Vermont
for what purpose
>>
File: 1488905483087s.jpg (3KB, 114x124px) Image search: [Google]
1488905483087s.jpg
3KB, 114x124px
just got my essay grades back for my final year and they're the worst marked ones I've had ever oh god this is gonna kill me
>>
>>36220700
>meme degree
>meme profession
What isn't a "meme" to you? Paralegal wouldn't be too bad. 48K median, 8% growth (average) and white collar.

... I really sound like a shill right now, but I would basically never do it myself.
>>
>>36204350
Sauce laddie lad lad?
>>
>>36220846
I might be exposed to too much STEM shilling. I dunno.
>>
File: gulag.jpg (56KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
gulag.jpg
56KB, 750x500px
>>36218416
yes yes yes comrade lets disarm the plebians you have no right to defend yourself and your family i <3 socialism #votebernie
>>
File: libarts.png (58KB, 1011x801px) Image search: [Google]
libarts.png
58KB, 1011x801px
>>36220899
no, lib-arts is shit you should get a math degree easy 500k starting any company you want also dont take any econ classes until senior year you dont need to understand how expectations affect supply and demand of labor
>>
>technically a science degree
>have 7 hours of lab per week
>labs are just walking through the woods in the light Oregon spring rain
>lab writeups and hw easy as shit
>have first internship this summer
>working while going to school
>will graduate with less than 10k debt at this rate

Can't beat this life robots.
>>
File: 1491081049465.png (45KB, 1205x633px) Image search: [Google]
1491081049465.png
45KB, 1205x633px
>>36221568
better pic here
>>
File: madasfuckJPEG.jpg (866KB, 2249x1241px) Image search: [Google]
madasfuckJPEG.jpg
866KB, 2249x1241px
>>36205077
Dude some of my profs are the same jesus fucking christ it grinds my gears when my Calc teacher tells me to put my phone away. Motherfucker I'm 22 you aren't telling me when to use my shit.
>>
File: 1390448015920.png (134KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
1390448015920.png
134KB, 800x388px
>>36204220

>literally cannot stop skipping classes because school stresses the fuck out of me
>going to have to study my fucking ass off in physics just to pass with a C
>probably going to have to take out a loan next semester because my GPA will not qualify me for VA assistance

just fuck my shit up family
>>
File: IMG_0830.jpg (28KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0830.jpg
28KB, 480x480px
>>36222105
I wish I could skip...
I chat with my parents every now and then and they sometimes comment on some gray hair i have.
>tfw i have a constant weight on my shoulders everyday even for no reason
>>
>>36204220
try dropping out of the class and taking one course over the summer, so you'll still be full time because the spring semester connects with the summer semester.
>>
>>36205746
this is why I was put on academic probation two years ago and trying computer science again makes me think I'm >>36209290
>>
I failed developmental math 3 times, mostly because i was really fucking lazy and never studied and shit exam grades kek. Now i know better.
>>
>>36221519
Not what I was getting at you autist. Keep your guns, just lower the drinking age to 18, why have it so high?
>>
>>36222472
then theres literally no reason for you to bring guns into it at all

literally just say "i think the drinking age in the US is too high"

guns has nothing to do with it
>>
Im an autistic arts grad. I m english major loner no friends havent left my bedroom in 3 weeks
>>
File: poku.png (128KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
poku.png
128KB, 1000x1000px
>>36221593
>tfw graduating with zero (0) dollars in debt
>>
>>36204220
>failed program assignment
>literally just needed to delete one line of code to get a 100
I don't know if my heart can take this any longer.
>>
>>36221593
I'll graduate with around ~21k USD in debt.

It's not that bad to be quite honest compared to some americunts getting fucked over with 75k+ or even 100k USD in debt after graduation.
>>
How do people get debt in college?

Tuition was only like 3k a semester. I didn't have a job, and my family is poor.
>>
>>36223244

Because tuition doesn't cover shit like housing, books, food, and so on.
>>
>>36222019
I hate Intro to College 101 type classes, because I assume they force you to be there and you don't actually learn anything. Is it the same for your Calculus course?
>>
File: 2474-24818-4207.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
2474-24818-4207.png
127KB, 601x508px
>interested at every meme degree there's in my town
>only stem degree I'm interested in is CS
>pretty retarted at math and physics

is the "just pick a math book and do what's in it" meme real? can I pass CS without sitting everyday studying my shit off?
>>
>April
>projects piling up
>finals coming
>relationship under strain
>can't figure out fucking computational econ homework
>no longer motivated
>dying
>have to get internship or will be unemployed
>magic is gone
>want to get drunk every single night
>>
>>36223738
>>relationship under strain
fuck off, Chad Thundercock
>>
>>36205408
Internet and video games and masturbation
>>
File: forms.png (23KB, 593x283px) Image search: [Google]
forms.png
23KB, 593x283px
How are these not the same question?
>>
File: 1465170790344.jpg (220KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1465170790344.jpg
220KB, 900x900px
>>36204220
At least you recognized your limit early.

I'm taking fucking differential equations and engineering statics and suddenly I realize I don't like math.
>>
>>36206572
>wanted to be a sports radio host
why do so many people want to do this? it seems like such a weird niche thing
>>
school sent me an email asking if i want to be a tutor for easy math classes like precalc or beginning chemistry because i have a good gpa

problem is i have a good gpa cause autism

should i take it? also i've only had marginal work experience before (newspaper delivery and working with a general contractor for 2 weeks)

if someone doesnt understand something easy im afriad i might snap one day and call them retarded
>>
>>36214602
I'm thinking of majoring in CS as well. How is it? I'm in AP Calc right now and pretty good at it if that's any indication. Also got a 97 in a Intro to Programming class which was pretty much Java.
>>
>>36204930
Some colleges in the US now have Software Development as majors/minors. It'll teach you how to program without the heavy emphasis on math. I know that at least the minor at my school requires no math.
>>
>>36224006
Get paid to shitpost verbally about your hobby.
>>
>>36224134
But even robots? Like the guy said, he has too much anxiety to do it in the first place.
>>
>>36224111
Your school sounds like a joke
Math and proper programming are inseparably intertwined.

If you read that and immediately thought "NO THEY AREN'T", I have very bad news for you
>>
>>36223244
>>36223329
Also, not everyone's tuition is 3k a semester
>>
>>36223244
>3k tuition/semester
Community college?
>>
I don't even know what I'm doing with my life anymore. I'm a total failure and I'm so drunk half the time I can't function anymore.

I got blackout drunk and raged at people from my group assignment and made a total idiot of myself. I'm seriously considering suicide. I can't come up with any other viable options to fix my life.
>>
File: images.png (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9KB, 259x194px
>>36223244
because retards didn't go to CC first or went to a school that costs 10k/semester instead of 5k etc etc.

My cc was 1k a semester
>>
>>36205826
>you don't understand
shut up faggot, remembering important dates is part of being an adult
>>
File: 1463609584290.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1463609584290.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>panic attacks and stomach aches are back
>>
>>36223891
>stemcucks are so stupid they have literally 0 reading comprehension

first question is what types of projects/research you want to do with them

second question is how that research can give you practical knowledge that can help you in your next job
>>
File: 1491764107713.png (259KB, 1101x771px) Image search: [Google]
1491764107713.png
259KB, 1101x771px
Guys, it's okay to drop a class while on Academic Probation, leaving me with two classes, right?
I just got told I am in danger of failing English 110 because of attendance. I can try to negotiate to do a shitton of assignments tomorrow but I dont know.

Words of encouragement pls
>>
>>36224918
that's not the full context
they ask you to pick projects before those two questions
>>
>>36223529
About my Calculus class you aren't forced to be there and actually learn quite a bit since the prof teaches well enough. Only shitty thing is that he treats us like freshmen highschoolers. I guess the trade up is worth, still gets me riled up though.

I have an "Introduction to Engineering" class that I think is actually just what you mean. 100% mandatory attendance, prof is some old guy that asks for a "summary" from the ppts he send us every week so he can sit there and make us do "presentations" on these "summaries" so effectively we do the class and he does absolutely nothing. The only instance when he stands up from his seat is to tell people to put away their phones, motherfucker just thinking about it rustles my jimmies.

Just fornicate my feces up family.
>>
File: restored.jpg (155KB, 362x447px) Image search: [Google]
restored.jpg
155KB, 362x447px
>tfw cute aryan chad friend gave me a hug today
It's the little things in life, the whole shitty day was worthwhile
>>
>>36224096
Do they pay you? I'd say yes in a heartbeat though because I enjoy teaching. In my uni you have to apply and compete with lots of other high achievers.

I'd recommend you do it cus it would help you with your autism and breaking out of your shell. Literally just do it.
>>
File: 1462365756582.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1462365756582.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
What happens in I fail one class but pass all the others?
>>
>>36225410
you fail in real life
>>
What is the female to male ratio at your school? I started classes this week at a technical college, and I was the only male in both of my in-class lectures. The classes are small, but still
>>
>>36225536
I used to go to a private College that was mostly females. Classes were like 24 females and 2 or 3 guys.

I miss that College.
>>
>>36225536
Pretty bad.

Of around 60 people in most of my classes, maybe 10 to 12 women. Though it has gotten way better, in 2013 out of 60 they were like 5.

Eng faculty.

>>36225410
Does your uni offer summer or winter break classes? It's worth as fuck.
>>
>>36225571
It sounds like a dream come true, but all of the girls in both of my classes are black and either fat or ghetto, or both.

I have one white girl in my software basics class, but she looks straight out of highschool
>>
>>36205408
combination of self-defeat and completely fucking useless teachers
doing fantastic in the one class I have a good teacher in
>>
>>36225629
>It sounds like a dream come true
It was, a lot of them were hot single mothers. They were very nice, would always help with notes, and come up to say hi to me. But it was a meme private uni, so I dropped out.

Going to a normal public uni now. Expecting way less women now.
>>
File: worry.jpg (8KB, 199x254px) Image search: [Google]
worry.jpg
8KB, 199x254px
One of the department's top grad students wants me to play with him on his last recital tomorrow night. He told me this morning that he completely trusts me to know my shit. This is the grad student known for his extremely short fuse and mistrust of people, why the fuck is he this cool with a freshman that he'd feel comfortable trusting me at such short notice, and what could the consequences be if I don't do well
>>
>>36209513

Did you finish the essay? If so, why would you be afraid?
>>
>engineering technician college program
>pass all classes with A+
>forced to take a retarded useless "college english" class
>probably gonna get B or B+ because "prof" has stupid essay structure criteria
>it will ruin my gpa
my life is over fuck this shit. I need 3.9 GPA to transfer to the uni I want. feels bad wasting my potential in this shit college's under-loaded course load. and useless gen ed "elective" courses gonna fuck my gpa even more. I had to choose between "undead in fiction" and "indigenous studies". fuck i'll probably regret that I picked the former. it might sound interesting but probably some feminist prof gonna make us write essays about marxist theory in "dawn of the dead" and shit like that and will give me shit marks because her arbitrary grading criteria.

>>36225629
>but she looks straight out of highschool
is this supposed to be something bad?
>>
>>36204220
dude same, i dont know what the fuck is going on in my college algebra class.
i just sit there, in pain, like most days, because i'm shitting blood.
been this way for 8 years.
tried going to normie doctors but nothing helps.
i have a condition that does not heal and keeps me in 8/10 pain every single day of my life.
i think about suicide every day because of this as well.
the only time i'm not in pain is when im sleeping.
so failing college algebra is nothing to me, because ive been trying to get this pain problem dealt with.
which is way more important than fucking college.
probably going to need surgery on my actual asshole and that scares me to death.
i look around my classroom all the time and not a single one of those people out of 30 of them has to deal with problems like i do in life.
i would say it's not fair but who am I to judge.
being in pain is a commonplace when you're me.
>>
>>36225009
Drop it, but try to talk to the teacher
>>
>professor asked me by email why I was missing so much classes
>I admitted that social interaction terrifies me and I hate being around other people
>he tells me to talk to him after class in private, I think I'm about to get yelled at
>he explains that his daughter has social anxiety
>gives me tips about how to manage it
>gave me a sort of impromptu exam on the readings to see if I had actually been paying attention
>I barely got half of the questions right

And this kind, gentle old motherfucker told me that it's going to be ok, that I just need to come to class, I don't need to talk, he won't call on me, and my grade will probably end up alright in the end as long as I do the remaining assignments. Why do such kind people have to share the same world as me?
>>
>>36225923
i don't understand what your delusional complaints are about?
you literally got a free pass and youre posting about it on /r9k/ looking for sympathy?
what the fuck?
maybe you should stop being such a fucking pussy bro.
take a public speaking class and stop being a retard.
it makes me laugh that people like you actually exist.
>>
>>36225991
I'm not complaining. I'm just genuinely surprised that somebody this kind and understanding is out there.
>>
>>36217253
>People pay tuition to take a college class this easy
>>
>woke up at 4 pm again today
>slept through all classes
>again
>had 2 quizzes and a hw due today
>lay in bed for 2 hours after waking up
>literally hide under the covers out of pure shame whenever my roommate walks in
>been on 4chan the entire time since then
>still more hw due this week and the next, finals week is after next week
>probably not gonna do anything about it, might sleep through half of them like always

wew lad
>>
>>36225923
So you can do the same for others. I'm always worried I might die, knowing that I was a taker instead of a giver.
>>
>>36226033
there is nothing surprising about that unless you are so far gone in your delusions you've convinced yourself the entire world is out to get you, and that there are no more good, kind-hearted people left.
>>
>>36204350
had this feeling on Monday
>>
>>36204220
> college algebra
Really
>>
>>36212258
It's cool while you are doing it but after you bust I bust my nut, it is nothing but regret. Really not worth the time, better off finding some slut at school to fuck.
>>
>graduated with 3.0 as a premed student
>life is most likely in shambles because med school is now virtually unachievable

College really fucks with you no matter what you do with your time there
>>
There is this girl on one of my classes that most of you guys would most likely consider ugly but she's go this very deep sexy voice holy shit everytime she opens her mouth my dick goes to the stratosphere.

What do, anons?
>>
>>36214602
>parents fully encourage her because of her 4.0gpa
Language majors are too easy to get lower than a 3.8, how would I know? Spanish major here too. Really had no clue what I wanted to go to school for when I applied even though my parents forced me to go. Once I graduate I'll probably go back to school for a CS degree or something. Or get a comfy translation job from home. Still not sure yet.
>>
>got a 36 percent on my first Calc 3 test
>72 on second
>final can replace one test
>2 more test late
Fuck I'm losing my mind. I wish I didn't not do shit for the first half of the semester with that first test.
>>
File: 1487979753090.jpg (49KB, 418x433px) Image search: [Google]
1487979753090.jpg
49KB, 418x433px
wew finished one of my Organic Chem homework a week before the due date...took me 6 hours

It was only 40 problems but goddamn they are hard as fuck. I have a B+ in the class

CHEM IS FUCKING BORING. This is a pre-req to Dental
Thread posts: 200
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.