[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Work feels thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: ScreenShot20150611at2.44.19PM.png (218KB, 680x336px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot20150611at2.44.19PM.png
218KB, 680x336px
>Elon shot down my idea again and told me I won't be invited to any more meetings if I keep bothering him with it
>>
>boss keeps giving me the worst shifts even though I'm the best worker. And the cute Stacy just slacks off all day.
>>
>>36202438
Is working at Tesla cool?
>>
>>36202807
I'm not too sure, I'm at SpaceX not Tesla. From what I hear from friends it's ok though.
>>
>>36202847
What was your idea?
What is Elon like?
>>
File: 1490908000126.jpg (183KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1490908000126.jpg
183KB, 1600x900px
>I pitched my idea to Elon but he just laughed it down
>Later he invited my mom onto a zero-g spaceflight and now she won't stop talking about him and his ideas
>>
>>36202438
>>36202847
What's your idea anon? You could try taking it to a different agency and selling it to one of them if Elon keeps dismissing it.
>>
>>36203080
I can't get specific because they will fire me real fast. It's nothing earth shattering though, I just want to retool part of my production area. It will be somewhat expensive, hence the push back.

I don't work with Elon closely, but I'm in meetings fairly often. He's always been cordial and professional. He seems a bit autistic.

>>36203187
It's very specific to our production process and I like working here and don't plan on leaving.
>>
>>36203398
Can you at least specify what your production area is?
How did you get in to Space-X?
>>
>>36203145
That image always bugged the shit out of me
Where the fuck did the artist think that dirt came from? Do they think it rains rocks and dirt and thats how hills are made?
>>
>>36202438
How many hours a week do you work at SpX? Could you have a family while working there?
>>
>>36203455
I help manage friction stir and orbital tube welding production.

I worked at Caltech after high school and knew someone who went over to SpaceX very early on. They ended up getting me a job there. I then left for a while to do welding/weld inspection in TX and SD in O&G and then came back here since the work is much more enjoyable and I actually like living in LA.

>>36203615
I usually do 60-65 hours/week but some of that is voluntary, I frequently cover so others can have time off. During launch build ups I might hit 70-80 and occasionally 90+. But that's somewhat rare and again, mostly voluntary on my part.

Family is definitely doable. The hours used to be much worse but we've really gotten staffing levels more balanced over the last 2-3 years. I wouldn't want to start a family after just starting, or for the first 1-2 years but lots of people are married and have kids. It just helps to be a bit more senior.
>>
File: 1490680938558.jpg (101KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490680938558.jpg
101KB, 640x960px
>>36203549
Maybe it will make more sense if you stop playing video games and take more adderall
>>
>>36203762
>60-70 hours a week
>The hours used to be much worse
How were your hours before, anon?
That sounds like hell unless you really, really love your job.
>>
>>36203838
A good 10-15 hours of that is voluntary on my part, and I lead a fairly large group so I'm expected to be here more than the guys working for me.

There used to be much more mandatory OT and the schedule was a lot less predictable. Now we've gotten to a point where you can reliably plan trips/vacations weeks in advance, which used to be a big pain in the ass. The only time really unexpected work shit comes up now is right around launch prep.
>>
>>36203891
Ah, I didn't read the voluntary bit, that makes a lot more sense.
>>
>>36203956
The first and second year engineering hires are still pushing long hours but even that has gotten better. We tend to put people through a bit of a meat grinder in the beginning to see who is and isn't cut out for the occasional crazy workload.
>>
>>36203787
Kek, don't be mean.
>>
>>36202666
I know this feel all too well. I hate the fact that cute girls get away with murder at work just cause every middled aged manager wants to bone them.
>>
>>36202438
tell him to take the red one
>>
>>36203762
This sounds pretty cool desu senpai.
>>
>>36202438
Is Musk an example of a successful robot?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.